AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2016-09-21, 20:58   Link #1
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Showering Tips?

(Very Random Topic... I know... )

I've been reading this and that about shower.

"You shouldn't shower every day" "You should shower in the morning or before bed"

But I've noticed one thing, they almost NEVER talk about what people who work out in the sun and get dirty 5 days out of the week.

I hate it when one source says this and another source says that and they are both Doctors or Scientists. =\

Sooo I'm open ears if anyone has anything to share on this.
Old 2016-09-21, 23:15   Link #2
Psyco Diver

I usually take a shower in the morning unless I know I'm going to be getting sweaty/dirty early on like hitting the gym or working in my yard/car/ect then I'll shower after that
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-22, 00:26   Link #3
Kafriel
Senior Guest

As a man who used to work covered in dust 5 days of the week...I'd go home and take a shower. If I hit the gym later, I'd take another shower afterwards.

Just shower whenever you feel like it, frequency can range from once in 3 days to 3 times a day, it all depends on what you're doing, where you're living and what season it is.

I think you could have posted this under the general questions thread.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-22, 07:21   Link #4
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I guess it doesn't matter how many times as long as you aren't scrubbing your skin red or taking hot showers 3 times a day.
Old 2016-09-23, 05:17   Link #5
-Antares-
心なんて怪獣みたいなものよ
*Fansubber

Doing it too often can mess up your hair over time (maybe your skin too) by washing out oils it needs to protect itself/not look bad. This isn't really an issue if you're essentially just rinsing with water, though, and really, that's all you need to wash off most sweat/dirt. Just don't use shampoo/soap every single day and you'll be fine. Using conditioner every day actually is fine, too. It's just the shampoo/soap that can be harsh on you. That's my understanding of it.

Also, the recommendation for showering every day is just a byproduct of our culture's obsessiveness about hygiene. It's about not smelling bad, rather than... anything else. It's going to take you a lot longer than a few days of not showering for it to actually cause you any problems beyond that. So you can be the judge of whether or not you should shower each day.

Je t'appelle, nuit, rends moi tes mensonges

Last edited by -Antares-; 2016-09-23 at 05:47.
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 06:12   Link #6
Kafriel
Senior Guest

There are three kinds of showering that I'm aware of.

1) Quick shower - what you do after a hard day's work or after sweating up from exercise. Shouldn't take more than 3'.

2) Normal shower - focus a bit more on scrubbing, make sure you're rid of the dead cells on your skin. Might as well spend 8-10' on it.

3) Bath - I don't bathe. It takes too long and uses up a lot of water...and you need a bath tub for it :P

I just go for a normal shower or two per week, with quick showers when I'm too sweaty.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 08:38   Link #7
Brother Coa
Banned

For me it depends on the season.

When it's summer I shower every day when I come form work because I sweat a LOT.

When it's winter I can go as far as 5 days without shower, and mostly I shower because I am cold and quick shower with hot water can raise your body temperature a lot.

I bathed only as a kid, I have never do that ever since grade school. And I shower after every hard work or after 12 hour shirts at the old work.

But the best way is to shower when you notice you really need one or your body needs one.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 09:16   Link #8
Tormenk

It's very humid where I am from so a shower twice daily is near mandatory.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 11:02   Link #9
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
It's very humid where I am from so a shower twice daily is near mandatory.
Same here in South Florida. It gets brutal. I step outside for 1minute and i start to sweat.

So I guess I'll just take quick normal showers. a quick soft scrub down with a little soap. on weekends i tend to not shower because I don't go outside.
Old 2016-09-30, 20:11   Link #10
barcode120x
RN

On a regular day, I always shower at night. I don't know how/why people shower in the morning. You're dirty from doing whatever all day and then you go into your bed at night all dirty and sweaty and stinky. Thus making your bed dirty and stinky. On days I workout (usually in the morning), I'll shower right after (you're disgusting if you don't). If I stay home the whole day, I won't shower later that night.

I've heard that too about not showering too much. Supposedly it's not "healthy" for your hair and dries out your skin because you're constantly washing off the oils your body produces.
Old 2016-10-04, 06:57   Link #11
seiftis
~defying fate

I refuse to go out anywhere without shower in the morning! No matter what day it is. And shampoo is daily as well.