AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-11-05, 11:40   Link #1
amaterasu4
I'll keep walking

Rurouni Kenshin Variant Story: The Criminal Ashitarō

New Rurouni Kenshin-2 chapter manga

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...racter/.108437

It will be focused on samurai Ashitarō Hasegawa who looks a mix between teenager Yahiko and Gintoki Sakata from Gintama. I hope Kenshin's family and/or Yahiko meet him.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-05, 19:52   Link #2
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Is that Good?
I hope mc kill people...
Old 2016-11-05, 23:07   Link #3
Roxis
Grumpy poster

From what i heard the MC is the madman Shishio successor but i doubt he will go evil like Shishio.
The reason is #1 He is MC, that obvious reason even if him began evil he will downright to redemption path as Kenshin did #2 I don't see any reason why madman ambition need to be revived again, Shishio ambition as good as dead especially in rurouni kenshin after ending.
Old 2016-11-06, 08:54   Link #4
amaterasu4
I'll keep walking

I hope he will face teen Yahiko in battle. Kenshin has already fought in that movie duology about Kyoto, the reboot manga, and three live action films.
Old 2016-11-06, 11:28   Link #5
zztop

Compared to Kenshin's popularity, how popular have Watsuki Nobuhiro's post-Kenshin manga titles been? I'm aware he's made a few, including some Frankenstein-themed one.

PS. I wonder why no one's ever made an adaptation of the 3rd and final manga arc, the Jinchu one. You'd think the Shishio arc was more popular. That said, I wonder if a remake of the Kenshin anime that adapts everything from the manga up to the final Jinchu arc could be possibly made in the future, similar to the Parasyte anime.

Last edited by zztop; 2016-11-06 at 11:42.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 12:33   Link #6
LevelSeven

^that sounds great, i would love to see a complete reboot and adaptation of the manga, it is a really great one

anyway, i will read this manga if there are 10 or so out so that i get a better idea of the story (plus im not that much into swordsman manga right now)
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 16:01   Link #7
amaterasu4
I'll keep walking

Today it was revealed that this two part manga will act as an epilogue to a new Rurouni Kenshin manga centered in Hokkaido. For the ones who don't know, Watsuki explained in volume 28 that he had plans to make a "Hokkaido arc" but he was kinda tired so he finished the series with Jinchu.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...g-2017/.109370
Old 2016-12-02, 00:09   Link #8
n0m@n
Code Ero

Yeah, I heard about that too.
I was a big fan of this series when it was being serialised but hearing that there will be a continuation....didnt hype me much as I thought.

I guess the whole Kenshin "fever" died many years ago already even if there was a live-film (and also for the fact that many classic series getting a sequel or continuation is cooling down the heat).

Hopefully the plot will be awesome enough to bring back the fever.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-02, 02:49   Link #9
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I am somewhat split between sadness that Watsuki won't be doing anything original again, and excited over the prospect of new Kenshin content. I was already interested in this one shot series since I loved the Shishio one shot a few years that were to promote the film. So I'm down wih a sequel series, but I hope it will be good.
Old 2016-12-02, 05:10   Link #10
Roxis
Grumpy poster

Well, i am not surprise if Watsuki will milk Kenshin from now on
Most of Watsuki new series aren't really popular as RK so make sense.
Although to note Watsuki continue Kenshin again wasn't bad as Sunrise did to CG.
CG literally has perfect closure ending and RK has perfect ending yet him still able to expand the story again and him still able to expand the in story before ending considering there are some people whose not get their ending yet like Soujiro.
Old 2016-12-02, 06:36   Link #11
Sixth
母狗

So we are now in the era where classic works got dug out from its grave and resuscitate it so they can milking it for another decade. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Well i am not really looking forward on it though despite that i am the big fan of Kenshin in the past . I wonder how many people in today can accept Kenshin's unwillingness to kill motto?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-02, 11:18   Link #12
zztop

Are there any English translations (fan/official) of the Ashitaro manga?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-02, 14:51   Link #13
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't know how we can talk about RK being "milked" when it hasn't even had one complete anime adaptation.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-02, 19:06   Link #14
Random14

Depending on how this new Hokkaido arc plays out, I'll be happy to see more Kenshin, its always been one of my favorite series ever. Although the original ended very well, I thought, and its too bad the anime itself killed itself off due to endless fillers.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-03, 01:21   Link #15
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I don't know how we can talk about RK being "milked" when it hasn't even had one complete anime adaptation.
This has somehow slipped from my mind when I first heard the news, but with this sequel there is an even greater chance at a remake of the entire manga series (plus this prologue+sequel) into a new anime.

So, that's definitely a plus.

As for whether RK is milked, it's a popular franchise that a lot of people (in Japan and overseas) love. It hadn't gotten a complete anime adaptation (yet, we hope) but it continues to have many side stories, manga retellings, successful live action films and some recent OVA's.

I'm personally just lamenting that Watsuki didn't come back with something new. I love RK, but I also want to see him also succeed doing other things.