AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-07-12, 05:55   Link #1
Chosen_Hero

World of Final Fantasy

Quote:
Embark on an adventure unlike any before to an all new WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY. With charming, stylized visuals for both the young and the young at heart, players will collect, raise, and battle iconic monsters by stacking them to form adorable yet strategic monster towers. The memorable legends of FINAL FANTASY come to life in this imaginative, colorful world as an epic story fit for the smallest of heroes unfolds.

Release Date: 12/31/2016

Platform: PlayStation4, PS Vita

------------

So basically, this is Pokémon x Final Fantasy... well I'm sold.
Old 2016-07-12, 06:50   Link #2
Kafriel
Senior Guest

This is...so weird! Cute chibi FF world where you gotta catch 'em all!? I mean, is your Tonberry going to learn psychic? Is Malboro weak against mental attacks because it's a plant? :P And then there's the stacking...it's a plausible theory, but I'm reeeeaaally not sure how well it can hold up later on.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 16:03   Link #3
Chosen_Hero

Old 2016-09-05, 19:52   Link #4
Psyco Diver

Interesting, this might be worth checking out later on
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-26, 16:26   Link #5
Chosen_Hero

Game Informer review:

Quote:
The last few mainline Final Fantasy titles made major modifications to the series’ long-standing formula, experimenting with new structures and battle systems. World of Final Fantasy casts that aside, deliberately returning to its roots and celebrating the series’ past, both in terms of cast and mechanics. You control twin siblings (Lann and Reynn) with the power to capture monsters, which is a thinly veiled excuse for players to embark on a greatest-hits tour of Final Fantasy’s extensive bestiary. The range of beasts is impressive, from fan-favorites like Behemoths and Moogles to deeper cuts like Skull Eaters and Nightmares. You collect these iconic creatures, improve their stats, and teach them signature attacks, then use them in a battle system that surprised me with its depth – especially considering the game’s cute aesthetic.
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/wo...-informer.aspx
Old 2016-10-26, 18:04   Link #6
amaterasu4
I'll keep walking

Does anybody know if the chibi versions of some characters interact or something? I remember seeing an image of Tidus interacting with Yuna. The same could be made with Cloud/Tifa. A shame they didn't put Locke since he had vibes with Celes
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-26, 22:38   Link #7
shadow1296

so about three to four hours in and yeah, this game is essentially Final Fantasy: pokemon edition from evolving(transfiguring) your mirages to picking your starter (shiva, Ramuh, or ifrit, went with shiva) to capturing mirages in ball like objects that can fit in your pocket, that said i am truly enjoying my time with it and at this point i can say it is a recommendation, lets hope it stays that way
Old 2016-10-27, 12:20   Link #8
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I pick up vita version from a shelf in a gamestore, look at the back....

Memory Required: 3GB.

I put it back on the shelf.

Err... seriously?

Edit: It is technically the memory size of a game...
Old 2016-10-27, 13:12   Link #9
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Isn't it...well, a game? 3GB sounds legit, although I do kinda question it due to chibi style. How big are the maps in this game, anyway? Type-0 was pretty damn huge and had a lot of cutscenes, so 3.6GB was justified, but what about this one?
Old 2016-10-27, 15:51   Link #10
Chosen_Hero

Kingdom Hearts' Sora To Join World of Final Fantasy http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/...final-fantasy?

Finally, Sora is getting some recognition as a Final Fantasy character, now if only I could kill Lightning in the and keep her dead it would be perfect.
Old 2016-10-27, 19:51   Link #11
Ultragunner

is there any differences between the ps4 and psvita versions? I read somewhere that the ps4 has jap dub while the psvita doesn't.
Also, does this game run at 60fps? just wondering
Old 2016-10-28, 10:56   Link #12
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Isn't it...well, a game? 3GB sounds legit, although I do kinda question it due to chibi style. How big are the maps in this game, anyway? Type-0 was pretty damn huge and had a lot of cutscenes, so 3.6GB was justified, but what about this one?
I am not taking about downloading the game from online....

I did mention picking it up from the shelf (as in the physical cope which means the software is already inside)

So... it is (Game size, I assume it also 3GB+) + 3GB extra (for something), a whooping 6 GB (for a Vita title, it's about the size of two vita games).

Also, for your information, the memory requirement indicated in Vita's box usually state how much memory its save file will take up.

so....I assume that the save file is.....3GB?

So....one would assume that the save file is actually 3GB big.
Old 2016-10-28, 14:32   Link #13
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I very much doubt it, I don't think I've seen a save file taking up even half a GB, not to mention 3. I understood that you were talking about a physical game copy, but I didn't actually consider the limitations on UMD, which is around 1.8GB (hence the two discs for the aforementionedType-0). Could you tell if it was just one disc or more? I can't find anything on its save file size, perhaps it is necessary for system data instead.
Old 2016-10-28, 20:21   Link #14
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I very much doubt it, I don't think I've seen a save file taking up even half a GB, not to mention 3. I understood that you were talking about a physical game copy, but I didn't actually consider the limitations on UMD, which is around 1.8GB (hence the two discs for the aforementionedType-0). Could you tell if it was just one disc or more? I can't find anything on its save file size, perhaps it is necessary for system data instead.
I believe it is for system data, because I saw the Chinese version has the typical memory size requirement for Vita games.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:23   Link #15
shadow1296

Alpha made a review for this