AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-05, 00:24   Link #141
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

My god. This thing should come with an eplieptic warning. It's just a complete strain on the eyeballs
Old 2013-10-05, 01:45   Link #142
Faithkun

Really liking the op theme. it almost like HOTD
Faithkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 01:50   Link #143
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
hmm... its an okay starting episode. But the animation is indeed crap and inconsistent that I was surprised that its been done by silver link.

Their past production are awesome but they are in decline recently or rather maybe its the team that did it because. I sure know they can do a good one if they want but this one feel average.

I don't get the index feel to it.

Hmm... they even show a glimpse of the past with the previews 4th progenitor. Its good if they show more of the relationship between Avrora and Akatsuki.
I don't expect the Index feel, but instead expect this is going to be the same vein as say Campione or similar shows where the protagonist is this 'apparently normal' guy that has super powerful abilities given to him.... Except theres vampires to it now.

A very introductory episode so nothing really outstanding to be said.

I do agree that this doesn't seem like Silver Link as well... Or perhaps it's the Kokoro Connect group of Silver Link with non-crazy colours ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 01:59   Link #144
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I do agree that this doesn't seem like Silver Link as well... Or perhaps it's the Kokoro Connect group of Silver Link with non-crazy colours ?
I'll let it past with Kokoro connect because it has the SoL feel to it with a bit drama and mystery but Strike the blood is fantasy setting. I expect C3 here or Fate;Kelied liner Prisma Illya

Those 2 are fantastic if you compare to this one

Definitely expect Campione feel here.

Reluctant MC. Strong MC. Has harem MC. and has Kenjuu(familiar) to Authority from Campione.

Some elements reminds me of both works but not Index. Aside from futuristic City. Well at least here they do a good security.

Reminds me of some face palming event in Index where magicians or esper go wild but there is no alarm or security immediate response.

Here the warning was given and the stores are shut for protection. The civilians are being evacuated but the same can be said in Index. But at least I like the response done when the vampire summons his familiar.
Old 2013-10-05, 02:48   Link #145
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't expect the Index feel, but instead expect this is going to be the same vein as say Campione or similar shows where the protagonist is this 'apparently normal' guy that has super powerful abilities given to him.... Except theres vampires to it now.

A very introductory episode so nothing really outstanding to be said.

There are going to be interesting revelations later (it's going to be 2 cours after all). Why Campione (anime)?? It doesn't even give the same vibes.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 03:00   Link #146
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
There are going to be interesting revelations later (it's going to be 2 cours after all). Why Campione (anime)?? It doesn't even give the same vibes.
Admittedly it's the title that jumps to mind, but mostly it's just the protagonist being a normal teenage and granted/cursed with some awesome powers from a previous god-like character... And all the (not literal) youkai thingies.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-10-05 at 03:52.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 04:01   Link #147
ookamigirl

This one looks promising.
As long as they don't mess it up with too much fun service.
So far it's interesting enough.
Wonder how their weird relationship will develop further.
I'll be watching this one.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 04:40   Link #148
MartianMage

It's a good start. I'm quite intrigued regarding the circumstances how the MC(sorry can't remember the name lol) became a progenitor. Will be following this for sure.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 05:53   Link #149
Aqua Knight

This is 2-cour, right?
Old 2013-10-05, 06:41   Link #150
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
This is 2-cour, right?
I think it's one-cour in my opinion. But still, can't believe that SILVER LINK would put something like a pair of plaid panties!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 07:15   Link #151
whitecloud

Its 2 cour...for one who have read the manga a bit, the story is quite good, and it has a bit of index feel with the setting in the city with magic fully recognized... But with the main character like that from campione instead...
Old 2013-10-05, 07:29   Link #152
Cloudenvy

That was awfully dull and felt like a light novel-ass light novel adaptation, kind of soulless and indistinctive.
Cloudenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 07:37   Link #153
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
I think it's one-cour in my opinion. But still, can't believe that SILVER LINK would put something like a pair of plaid panties!
It's good thing because they respect the original content.
Old 2013-10-05, 08:28   Link #154
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

As a fan of the Toaru Majutsu no Index series, there are some parts that remind me of Index, but the "exasperated male MC who speaks like a jaded middle-aged man" is definitely refreshing. The fanservice was handled well — while given a chance to blush at the exposure of her panties, Himeragi didn't spend too much time abusing the male MC in response.

I'm definitely gonna be watching out the many characters that will comprise this series.

Compared to the stumbling start of Kyoukai no Kanata, this episode is a definite 8/10.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 10:11   Link #155
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
lol it seems Index fans will end gathering up here .
The prophecy....

Its happening!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 10:23   Link #156
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
While I do see the similarities with Index, this anime makes me think "Poor Man's Shakugan no Shana" more than anything.

I like having a simple, straightforward, action-oriented show in my slate of currently watching shows. After Shana, that role was filled by Accel World for a time, but nothing since Accel World has filled that niche well for me.

But this show looks like it might be it. I like the two leads, especially the girl, who has a nice, solid look to her. Visually, she reminds me of Haruhi Suzumiya, but personality-wise she's quite different from Haruhi, of course.
Old 2013-10-05, 10:34   Link #157
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

A standard-issue fantasy that works. I liked the fact that we learned the truth about our hero gradually. I liked the way Yukina was not unreasonable.

Hosoya Yoshimasa gave me a hero I could go along with.

Yukina was played by Taneda Risa, in the second of her leading roles, along with Mirai in Kyoukai no Kanata (which I liked a lot more than many people seem to have). Shinsekai yori didn't prepare me for Tane-chan to become a go-to moé voice.

Aurora was played by Ishihara Kaori (of YuiKaori), proving once again how good she is as a seiyuu. She has range and is now beginning to get the kind of small but important roles actual stars get.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 11:15   Link #158
finalfury
Incognito

Story looks decent, music is pleasant to listen to, animation took a dive in response. Personally, if they give good plot progression and character development, the animation can be really bad for all I care.
But then again, I've been mainly watching anime from the 1990's for the past while so I don't notice much difference in the detail of animation. :/
Having something to fix my Shakugan no Shana itch is nice.
Old 2013-10-05, 11:43   Link #159
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Himeragi didn't spend too much time abusing the male MC in response.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!

I love this kind of heroine. They don't exaggerate their reaction to the point they attack, attack and attack -_-

Himeragi is quite calm and quick to analyze the situation. She realize fast and believe in Akatsuki when he had that reaction from trying to remember his past with the 4th. Some stupid heroine wouldn't believe it right and away and act like they are correct on their assumption without proof or believing in the protagonist or just act on assumption and assault which is I don't like.
Old 2013-10-05, 11:45   Link #160
Aqua Knight

Moreover, the MC explained why he couldn't avert his eyes from her panties due to wind + she let him finish his explanation.
I liked that too.

Tags
supernatural, vampires