AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-11, 10:33   Link #241
Fjoergyn

Here they feel very confident that this will be L-Elf x Shoko but I prefer to wait and see what shows next season and not assume something not even know if it will occur or not. Also I would like to give me a single proof that L-Elf is attracted by shoko
Old 2013-07-11, 12:09   Link #242
Destined_Fate

Well right now Shoko x L-Elf is the strongest and would be so easy to do with all the build up while Saki x L-Elf literally has nothing at the moment so they would have to dedicate a ton more time getting that going.

Saki also holds a strong belief that immortals like her shouldn't be getting in relationships with mortals. Such as Haruto still liking Shoko before the rape scene. I also doubt Saki just gave up on Haruto, she's just giving him a chance to sort out his own heart and if he loves her truly or not.
Old 2013-07-11, 20:20   Link #243
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well right now Shoko x L-Elf is the strongest and would be so easy to do with all the build up while Saki x L-Elf literally has nothing at the moment so they would have to dedicate a ton more time getting that going.

Saki also holds a strong belief that immortals like her shouldn't be getting in relationships with mortals. Such as Haruto still liking Shoko before the rape scene. I also doubt Saki just gave up on Haruto, she's just giving him a chance to sort out his own heart and if he loves her truly or not.
You did not answer the question of why there is no reason to be so, haruto x shoko love is strong and L-Elf or Saki are barely beginning to interact, a feeling of Shoko by L-Elf would be far-fetched as soon and also haruto.
Old 2013-07-12, 00:33   Link #244
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
You did not answer the question of why there is no reason to be so, haruto x shoko love is strong and L-Elf or Saki are barely beginning to interact, a feeling of Shoko by L-Elf would be far-fetched as soon and also haruto.
You are making nonsensical statements. You keep asking for proof for L-Elf x Shouko but don't bother to give any reasons for L-Elf x Saki. Why bother asking for proof when you can't even prove your own.
Old 2013-07-12, 02:26   Link #245
Irenesharda

Right now, I honestly don't see any proof for either relationship, I even question L-11 and Lisolette. As far as right now, I see L-11 as a man who really isn't thinking about relationships and is only in this as far as achieving his goals. I would even say that to call him and Haruto friends would be far-fetched. The two of them are in more so of a symbiotic partnership, than any sort of friendship.

As for Shoko, the only guy I think she has any interest in is Haruto. And Haruto definitely loves her, even to the point of denying his happiness to spare her from what he's become.

What will happen in the future, I have no idea, but that's what I see as of now.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-07-12 at 13:34.
Old 2013-07-12, 06:24   Link #246
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
You are making nonsensical statements. You keep asking for proof for L-Elf x Shouko but don't bother to give any reasons for L-Elf x Saki. Why bother asking for proof when you can't even prove your own.
U-uhmmm. . . I find both pairings legit. As much as I want Shouko to get together with either of these two boys, I am still biased towards Shouko x L Elf. XD

Spoiler for Share:
Old 2013-07-12, 09:02   Link #247
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Right now, I honestly don't see any proof for either relationship, I even question L-11 and Lisolette. As far as right now, I see L-11 as a man who really isn't thinking about relationships and is only in this as far as achieving his goals. I would even say that to call him and Haruto would be far-fetched. The two of them are in more so of a symbiotic partnership, than any sort of friendship.

As for Shoko, the only guy I think she has any interest in is Haruto. And Haruto definitely loves her, even to the point of denying his happiness to spare her from what he's become.

What will happen in the future, I have no idea, but that's what I see as of now.
But the problem is they can give us surprises, therefore, the few interactions or how Shoko seems to connect with L-Elf means nothing or no interaction with Saki but all due to poor development of the main characters working together, sometimes felt a contest to see who came out more than the other and that hurts an anime.
Old 2013-07-12, 10:51   Link #248
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Right now, I honestly don't see any proof for either relationship, I even question L-11 and Lisolette. As far as right now, I see L-11 as a man who really isn't thinking about relationships and is only in this as far as achieving his goals. I would even say that to call him and Haruto would be far-fetched. The two of them are in more so of a symbiotic partnership, than any sort of friendship.

This, at the end of the show I wouldn't be surprised if L-Elf ends up with himself, alone. Just because characters interact with each other doesn't mean it'll turn romantic. I'd rather have L-Elf end up alone then to have a forced romance.
Old 2013-07-12, 13:49   Link #249
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
This, at the end of the show I wouldn't be surprised if L-Elf ends up with himself, alone. Just because characters interact with each other doesn't mean it'll turn romantic. I'd rather have L-Elf end up alone then to have a forced romance.
I agree with this. I am a romantic, I really am. However, I'd rather any romance put into this evolve naturally and not just be forced in for the sake of it. I can see Shoko and Haruto since they've shown how the two interact and built up their history as best friends. I think anything so sudden from an ice cube like L-elf would be ill-fitting and out of character. He seems to totally be committed to his goals, and even life among the JIOR students haven't broken through his cold demeanor. He's more curious about them like they were weird specimens then he would even call them friends.

Now that's not to say that later on he might warm up some and eventually become close to another person and maybe even romantic, but I don't see anything close to that right now.

Shoko, I think is going to keep her eye on Haruto until something says otherwise. She's a very loyal person and loyal to Haruto. She knows that he likes her and just can't get up the courage to say so (women tend to know these sorts of things a majority of the time) and so she waited. However, since he still hasn't said anything, she decided to take the initiative and tell him later at the supposed school festival. She doesn't know about any of the VVV stuff, and therefore would just think Haruto is being shy. She wouldn't be disloyal to his and her feelings by turning to another. I just don't see Shoko doing that.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-12, 14:13   Link #250
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
I agree with this. I am a romantic, I really am. However, I'd rather any romance put into this evolve naturally and not just be forced in for the sake of it. I can see Shoko and Haruto since they've shown how the two interact and built up their history as best friends. I think anything so sudden from an ice cube like L-elf would be ill-fitting and out of character. He seems to totally be committed to his goals, and even life among the JIOR students haven't broken through his cold demeanor. He's more curious about them like they were weird specimens then he would even call them friends.

Now that's not to say that later on he might warm up some and eventually become close to another person and maybe even romantic, but I don't see anything close to that right now.

Shoko, I think is going to keep her eye on Haruto until something says otherwise. She's a very loyal person and loyal to Haruto. She knows that he likes her and just can't get up the courage to say so (women tend to know these sorts of things a majority of the time) and so she waited. However, since he still hasn't said anything, she decided to take the initiative and tell him later at the supposed school festival. She doesn't know about any of the VVV stuff, and therefore would just think Haruto is being shy. She wouldn't be disloyal to his and her feelings by turning to another. I just don't see Shoko doing that.
This. That's all I can say.
Old 2013-07-12, 14:55   Link #251
Fjoergyn

Quote:

Shoko is faithful to his feelings but with respect to L-Elf if not will not have his love affair with one of the three, will be a matter of seeing how they develop that part in October.

in Chapter 13 shoko was surprised that someone cares about her, maybe it's the L-Elf
Old 2013-07-12, 15:40   Link #252
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

True, like both of you said we'll have to see what develops with the characters.

On another note:
Even though Shoko is Prime Minister of the module, I get the feeling that the other nations are gonna try and use her as a figurehead.
Old 2013-07-12, 18:22   Link #253
~BC~

I think Shoko suspected Haruto wanted to confess in ep. 1. However, since then she's probably been thinking it's mostly in her head. Given that she believes in "trying your hardest" though I'm not surprised she decided to confess herself.

On the subject of pairing her with L-Elf, I don't think their interactions thus far are romantic. They do however, strike me as possible queues (or flags) that the writers may go that route later.
Old 2013-07-12, 19:14   Link #254
Irenesharda

She would really have to be dense not to know. Even L-elf, who has zero experience in love or relationships, knew from just looking at her and Haruto that they cared for one another. Marie, Kyuma and Aina knew. Even after his botched confession, the guy showed wayyy to many signs that he cared, from the way he kept sighing her name, to his promise to find her father. Unless Shoko is very dense in the emotion department, which I highly doubt, she has to know.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-12, 19:33   Link #255
~BC~

It's not surprising L-Elf can figure it out. Haruto was willing to put the world on hold just to have a phone convo with her during a battle. Marie, Kyuma, and Aina have the advantage of being friends with both characters and have the outsider perspective on things.

If she knew she wouldn't have been surprised when he made the "important person" slip while talking about her father, IMO. I mean don't get me wrong, I get that in real life Haruto's behavior should make things obvious but hey "anime logic".
Old 2013-07-12, 20:29   Link #256
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

The same reason why Rito and Haruna don't realize they like each other as well
Old 2013-07-12, 21:42   Link #257
Fjoergyn

Shoko looks more mature with his feelings for haruto, but something tells me she will know the truth before he can confess. Please do not wanna see Haruto L-Elf enemies for the love of shoko
Old 2013-07-12, 22:42   Link #258
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Oh God, I hope not.
Old 2013-07-12, 23:06   Link #259
~BC~

More chances of them fighting over L-Elf's methods. I'm sure Haruto would think twice about allowing himself to be a meat-shield if he knew L-Elf had considered using a gun on Shoko.
Old 2013-07-12, 23:22   Link #260
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I wouldn't mind seeing that. Haruto and Shoko both wanting to do what they feel is for the best, but through different ways.

Tags
characters