AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-10-15, 13:49   Link #81
bakaouji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
The show's already showing signs of a weak budget and it's only the second episode. That's a little worrying. What's not worrying though is the story is as impelling and immersive as ever.

I laughed so hard when Migi offered to give him a handjob. It's as if the show's getting the viewers' most perverted (and understandably immediate) queries out of the way before they become a distraction. Parasyte definitely doesn't shy away from embracing its most basest instincts-- but it does so in such a detached way that it doesn't feel exploitative; rather it's horrifying.

Shinichi didn't bat an eyelid when Migi massacred its kind right in front of him. He already seems to have developed guts of steel in a short amount of time. But it begs the question: Does Shinichi's increasingly vengeful attitude stem from Migi's 'influence' or is it a hidden side that Shinichi always had but never knew about? What's more interesting is that Shinichi himself has become extremely proactive in extending his hand out to helpless people.

Can't wait to see what kind of a man Shinichi transforms into. It'd be pretty ironic if he started to lose humanity in the process of saving it while Migi gains some empathy.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 13:53   Link #82
R.LocK
My turn
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I don't feel like arguing just before going to bed, but certain moments are so full of Spiderman spirit that it's impossible to miss them.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 14:05   Link #83
oompa loompa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 28 37', North ; 77 13', East
Age: 30
Slightly weaker animation than the first episode, but I liked it a lot more. They went easier on the dubstep which seemed really out of place at times in the last episode. Also, in case people didn't realize, in the storeroom after apologizing to murano, migi turned into a huge cock. Apart from that, my favorite character in the show is finally going to get some showtime next episode

This is one of the few shows that I hope they add some original content in. The manga is great, but I could definitely enjoy some fleshing out of characters (mostly the other parasites that is) and story arcs. Still so far so good, this is looking like a winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
The show's already showing signs of a weak budget and it's only the second episode. That's a little worrying. What's not worrying though is the story is as impelling and immersive as ever.

I laughed so hard when Migi offered to give him a handjob. It's as if the show's getting the viewers' most perverted (and understandably immediate) queries out of the way before they become a distraction. Parasyte definitely doesn't shy away from embracing its most basest instincts-- but it does so in such a detached way that it doesn't feel exploitative; rather it's horrifying.

Shinichi didn't bat an eyelid when Migi massacred its kind right in front of him. He already seems to have developed guts of steel in a short amount of time. But it begs the question: Does Shinichi's increasingly vengeful attitude stem from Migi's 'influence' or is it a hidden side that Shinichi always had but never knew about? What's more interesting is that Shinichi himself has become extremely proactive in extending his hand out to helpless people.

Can't wait to see what kind of a man Shinichi transforms into. It'd be pretty ironic if he started to lose humanity in the process of saving it while Migi gains some empathy.
Yeah the scene where they were laughing at the restaurant was cringe worthy. But apart from that the animation is still at the standard at least. That's a good question, and the other one I thought of when I read what you had written is did Migi really save shinichi because he thought it was in his best interests, or is shinichis 'humanity' starting to have an effect on migi?
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 14:49   Link #84
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Im Lost
Ep 2
This one is really nice, more serious talks about the value of life, that made the mc view think different, hope it keeps like that in the upcoming episodes
It was my imagination of migi transformed into a pen#s in the storage room?, and migi sure knows how to make the mc look badass, deflecting all the rocks that the brats threw
__________________
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 14:50   Link #85
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Episode 02 was good. Felt a lot of progress was made.
And really like the bond forming between Shinichi and his right hand.

Also did a spittake when it turned into a penis-hand in the storage room.
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 15:01   Link #86
Jagger
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
I bet Migi gives great handjobs/blowjobs, if you can live with the psychological scars LOL. It was interesting to see that Migi didn't immediately jump ship given the opportunity, maybe human values are starting to rub off on him. The 'I wouldn't take the chance' thing kinda sounded like an excuse, but maybe it wasn't it's true that there's no proof attaching himself to another would work.
Jagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 16:57   Link #87
Dr. Dahm
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Episode 02 was good. Felt a lot of progress was made.
And really like the bond forming between Shinichi and his right hand.

Also did a spittake when it turned into a penis-hand in the storage room.
Really I found the opposite and like curiously very little is happening that feels connected or foreshadowing of a greater more interesting story line in this show so far given the premise which should be allowing for at least something like that. I was surprised to find how bored I've been watching these first two episodes and I was kind of anticipating this show before the season started. Now I'm not so sure, but my gut is telling me to just try to be patient with it for now.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 17:12   Link #88
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 28
I suppose the scene at the end is to show that the parasites can reproduce in the same way as their host creature after consuming their brain? I wonder what the child would be...

I'm glad this show has a sense of humor too, even if I didn't find it terribly funny. Just means everything won't be serious or depressing all the time.~
__________________
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 17:51   Link #89
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Dickarm made its apperance! With eye on top! XD
Even if it was only for a split second the dickhead and all was clearly visible, they sure got guts to show that. If you pause right you can see the whole deal without any censor, so I guess as long as it is shown for a split second they are in the norm of what is allowed to show on TV.^^

Migi is darn cool! Totally awesome! Though him jerking Shinichi in the bathroom off was awkward. And funny. XDDD
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 17:59   Link #90
Maxulous
mono no aware
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Not loving this adaptation so far. Madhouse's treatment of the material is sufficient, but really rather flat. Dickhand featuring was commendable, but so restrained that it lacked the punch as in the manga. The BGM sounds amateur.
Maxulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 18:16   Link #91
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Imagination Land
Age: 35
Really high hopes for this anime, I read the manga so long ago memories flooding back to me Going to be great. Love the music as well.
__________________
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 18:25   Link #92
Dr. Dahm
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxulous View Post
Not loving this adaptation so far. Madhouse's treatment of the material is sufficient, but really rather flat. Dickhand featuring was commendable, but so restrained that it lacked the punch as in the manga. The BGM sounds amateur.
Madhouse is one of those studios where the quality varies wildly depending on whether the staff seems to be committed to the project or not. This so far for sure is shaping up to be more of the phoned in variety. I don't know if the BGM sounds amateur so much as just kind of bad. I don't get the choice of dubstep whatsoever, particularly for an anime that is supposed to be set in the 80's and just don't think it fits with the scenes. When I think parasitic aliens taking over peoples limbs and acting like predators which is about as far as this show has gotten with it's premise the last thing I think about is getting it down on the dance floor at 3AM.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 18:41   Link #93
Maxulous
mono no aware
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dahm View Post
I don't know if the BGM sounds amateur so much as just kind of bad. I don't get the choice of dubstep whatsoever, particularly for an anime that is supposed to be set in the 80's and just don't think it fits with the scenes. When I think parasitic aliens taking over peoples limbs and acting like predators which is about as far as this show has gotten with it's premise the last thing I think about is getting it down on the dance floor at 3AM.
The choices and placement of music sounds amateur, although the novice director is surely equally responsible for that. The guy doing the music is also a novice in that area. Both are veterans in art/animation so that should tell you something.
Maxulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 19:19   Link #94
jedinat
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 34
I really don't get why some changes are made just for the sake of change... Like them holding hands at the end. Shinichi was the one who switched hands in the manga. A little insight into his character that I think was more valuable than the girl sensing something was off (too early).
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 19:53   Link #95
Iron Maw
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
ep 3

Certainly wasn't expecting that "Cockhand" scene and Migi's "help" in the bathroom was every bit as awkwardly as it was hilarious.

Yeah the animation was definitely weaker in this week, but the show no less engaging for me despite that. As expected the relationship between Shinichi and Migi have truly began to deepen. The former views of humanity's place among the food chain and nature have started to broaden the more he encounters parasites. The later is learning empathy which is leading it Shinichi as more a just flesh puppet. It pretty difficult to see how Shinichi will go about helping humans here given scale of the parasite problem at the moment.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 19:57   Link #96
steam fish
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Spoiler for episode 2:
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 20:47   Link #97
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
I really don't get why some changes are made just for the sake of change... Like them holding hands at the end. Shinichi was the one who switched hands in the manga. A little insight into his character that I think was more valuable than the girl sensing something was off (too early).
Nope, anime got it right.

Spoiler for Image:
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 22:15   Link #98
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
As usual Migi is still the best thing about the manga and now the anime, not that rest isn't interesting, but I always did enjoy Migi's "antics" and cold logic.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 22:30   Link #99
Esclair
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
I feel like anime is laying on the EVIL EYES a bit thick, but other than that a pretty strong episode. There really was tension at the scene where the other Parasyte offered Migi a deal to kill Shinichi and move into him, as based on Migi's cold logic you could see it happening.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 23:41   Link #100
MasterVampire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
I reckon Shinichi should secretly set up a recording webcam on his computer to get proof of his hand....
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, gore, horror, sci-fi, violence

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.