4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-07, 00:47   Link #181
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I don't the get is that the suit allows Aila to see particles and predict movements 99.7% of the time, but what is the powerup from the Papillon? It definitely moved faster than before and maybe physically stronger. The glowing orange bits that seems similar to RG system.

That's why I still think the Papillon is still a badass gunpla for her.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 01:02   Link #182
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
Well, going back to the sporting analogy, often a rule is only brought in after somebody exploits a loophole, since before that the governing body isn't aware that it's possible.
If it wasn't illegal, the developer of the Embody system would've said so. Instead, he pointed out the fact that the system is hidden. The implication here is clear.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 01:51   Link #183
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
If it wasn't illegal, the developer of the Embody system would've said so. Instead, he pointed out the fact that the system is hidden. The implication here is clear.
I'm aware of that. As I said, I was curious about a possible incident that led to that rule being introduced.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 02:02   Link #184
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
I'm aware of that. As I said, I was curious about a possible incident that led to that rule being introduced.
It doesn't have to be a specific incident. Rather than having to specify a rule for every single possible way to cheat, they simply have to define the scope of a gunpla battle and ban anything that goes beyond that. The Embody system artificially gives Aila an advantage that no other player could/should have in a gunpla battle. Not to mention that it messes with the mind, which bring into question the legality of it. Either way, it would clearly be cheating, and thus would disqualify her, if found out.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 02:27   Link #185
Traece
:cool:

"Just wait until you see me fight in earnest!" *Proceeds to be OHKO'd by Reiji*

Yeah... Great stuff Aila. Keep up the great work.

Jokes aside, that Aila meltdown was pretty great. I especially appreciate that she said what we all wanted to say to the old man and his son. Also, apparently she's going to be joining the main cast now? Please?
Old 2014-03-08, 22:39   Link #186
Frontier

Another awesome episode of Build Fighters!

I actually thought the fight between the Star Build Strike and the Qubeleye Papillion was good, if still lacking in the intensity of past Gunpla battles. Of course, the emotional core of the fight, the conflict within Aila and Reiji trying to understand her, definitely helped, and despite resorting to it at the end, I liked that the SBS didn't resort to the RG System for at least two-thirds of the fight, and used some of their other weapons .

That shield is still terrible though .

And at least I can buy how the RG system gave Sei and Reiji the edge, since all those Plavsky Particles overwhelmed Aila's powers and prevented her from predicting their next move. So all around, it could've been worse .

But overall, there were just some really great scenes in this episode, from Reiji and Fellini's confrontation, Aila finally talking back against her employers, and the Newtype moment that led to Reiji and Aila's reconciliation, just minus the nakedness .

Though there was also some great humor too, especially the big, dramatic fight turning into a "lover's spat." I think that's the most fun and hilarious resolution to a conflict between a Gundam pilot and their enemy love interest I've ever seen .

On the relationship front we got plenty of really nice scenes, from Sei and China working together to help Reiji and Aila, the latter pair making great progress in their relationship, Mao depressed over Misaki, and Mihoshi taking care of Fellini .

"Is this the light of the human heart!?" Oh Yuuki, you're such a Gundam nerd .

It's great that Aila will be able to find a home with Sei, if only for now, and hopefully that'll provide some ample opportunity for her relationship with Reiji to develop further. Sei and China's reaction to it was also quite priceless. Though China doesn't have anything to worry about, since the boy she has an eye on in the Iori household most certainly isn't Sei .

So Reiji's story is finally confirmed to be true, and I wouldn't be shocked if it turns Aila has some ties to his world. The Plavsky Particles and Aila's ability to see them are both the only really "unnatural" elements of the Build Fighters universe, and since the source of the former is Reiji's world, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for the latter.
Old 2014-03-10, 07:51   Link #187
Bombo
TSF Fans

episode 22

TRANS-AM
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote