AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-05-15, 16:05   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Mahouka [LN/M] - Character Speculation/Theories: Mayumi

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all speculation, theories, and general discussion related to Mayumi.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourites.

  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for characters you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel or Social Groups.

  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

As this is a source material thread, it is expected that you should be reasonably caught up to the latest source material when participating. However, if spoiling major plot points that others may not yet have read, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags that indicate to the reader whether it's safe to open the tag. Spoiler tags with no label are not allowed!
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 17:35   Link #2
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
first.

All hail Mayumi!!!!
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 20:37   Link #3
nosaer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: TN, USA
Who will the best girl end up with? There seems to be 2 candidates to be Mayumi's Betrothed.

In the Red corner we have Juumonji Katsuto. The acting head of the Juumonji House, which happens to be one of the 10 most powerful Magic clans in the country, who's Magical power is quite astounding and the family's special magic Phalanx is quite the spell indeed. He's been rivals with Mayumi for 3 years, and happens to be fairly close with her. even Koichi sees great potential here.

and in the Blue Corner we have Shiba Tatsuya. He hasn't gotten any votes of confidence from her father, but Mayumi has taken some interest in him. the fact that her sister feels the need to tear him away from her could be a strong indication of how Mayumi really feels for him, not to mention the fact that she would fight against kudu retsu himself to protect Tats. the problem here is obviously Miyuki who has strong incestuous desires.

(dis)honorable mentions
Hattori - doesn't stand a chance. too afraid of Mayumi's sisters and gets too riled up by Mayumi's teasing to create strong enough feelings in her.

Hirofume - neither he nor Mayumi care to make this one happen so there's no point in bringing it up.


Also, is anybody else dissatisfied with Mayumi's current anime portrayal? I mean besides the lack of screentime, we don't even really get a chance to see her plaful nature which is kind of a shame as her role only gets smaller and smaller after the enrollment arc. She has a decent amount of face time in the 9sc still, but it drops off a lot after that.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 21:14   Link #4
zerozeronine
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: neverneverland
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Who will the best girl end up with? There seems to be 2 candidates to be Mayumi's Betrothed.

In the Red corner we have Juumonji Katsuto. The acting head of the Juumonji House, which happens to be one of the 10 most powerful Magic clans in the country, who's Magical power is quite astounding and the family's special magic Phalanx is quite the spell indeed. He's been rivals with Mayumi for 3 years, and happens to be fairly close with her. even Koichi sees great potential here.

and in the Blue Corner we have Shiba Tatsuya. He hasn't gotten any votes of confidence from her father, but Mayumi has taken some interest in him. the fact that her sister feels the need to tear him away from her could be a strong indication of how Mayumi really feels for him, not to mention the fact that she would fight against kudu retsu himself to protect Tats. the problem here is obviously Miyuki who has strong incestuous desires.

(dis)honorable mentions
Hattori - doesn't stand a chance. too afraid of Mayumi's sisters and gets too riled up by Mayumi's teasing to create strong enough feelings in her.

Hirofume - neither he nor Mayumi care to make this one happen so there's no point in bringing it up.


Also, is anybody else dissatisfied with Mayumi's current anime portrayal? I mean besides the lack of screentime, we don't even really get a chance to see her plaful nature which is kind of a shame as her role only gets smaller and smaller after the enrollment arc. She has a decent amount of face time in the 9sc still, but it drops off a lot after that.
She better be with Juumonji,because Tatsuya doesn't feel love aside from his brotherly love to Miyuki.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 21:18   Link #5
nosaer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: TN, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
She better be with Juumonji,because Tatsuya doesn't feel love aside from his brotherly love to Miyuki.
Mayumi's character is so strong that she could create feelings in Tatsuya that he didn't even know was possible. I'm sure she could teach tats a thing or 2 about love as well lol.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 07:29   Link #6
pampz21
ShipCore
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Age: 25
Mayumi are for idealistic people!
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life


pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 10:48   Link #7
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Mayumi's character is so strong that she could create feelings in Tatsuya that he didn't even know was possible. I'm sure she could teach tats a thing or 2 about love as well lol.
You could say the same for Miyuki...She could inspire feelings in Tatsuya he didn't even realize he had.


But this is a Mayumi thread so my guess for her is...


She's going to marry Jyumonji in the end. They'll learn to like and love each other eventually.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 11:01   Link #8
nosaer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: TN, USA
Yes Pampz we are an optimitic group in the mayumi camp. we aren't as bloodthirsty as a certain red head in the series who has her own thread lol.

and Lucarion I'm sure that atleast Juumonji likes Mayumi. He did ask her if their relationship could evolve. and Mayumi said he's the most manly person she knows lol. My guess is that Katsuto hasn't put in enough effort to create those warm and fuzzy feelings. probably too busy learning to run his clan.

and now that I think about it, if Mayumi did marry Tatsuya, what would their last name be? the Shiba name has no fame outside of the 9SC, and Tats refuses to consider himself a yotsuba. anyone think he might take the Saegusa name in this event, or would Mayumi try to give birth to children who could make the Shiba name as powerful as her fathers?
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 11:12   Link #9
Tormenk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gaf's Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post

and now that I think about it, if Mayumi did marry Tatsuya, what would their last name be? the Shiba name has no fame outside of the 9SC, and Tats refuses to consider himself a yotsuba. anyone think he might take the Saegusa name in this event, or would Mayumi try to give birth to children who could make the Shiba name as powerful as her fathers?
Shiba if Tatsuya is given due recognition when that happens, IF ever. I doubt Koichi would want Tatsuya sharing the family name to avoid unwanted competition in a main and branch house situation against the his unnamed son who will be the heir to the Saegusa house.
__________________


"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 11:29   Link #10
nosaer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: TN, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Shiba if Tatsuya is given due recognition when that happens, IF ever. I doubt Koichi would want Tatsuya sharing the family name to avoid unwanted competition in a main and branch house situation against the his unnamed son who will be the heir to the Saegusa house.
Maybe, but even Mayumi acknowledges the sly mindset of her dad. He could allow it as a slight against Maya, or as a way to keep her from possibly strengthening the Yotsuba as it could be hard to imagine a Shiba becoming completely free of their influence...but Lets focus back on our illustrious Ojou-sama.

any ideas on what kind of future developments we might possibly see to give her some future screentime besides fanservice? I guess since her little sisters might become semi important to the remainder of the story we always have a chance of seeing her through them.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 11:52   Link #11
Ruci
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Considering his father is still meddling in the future, I think she will have a larger role when Koichi enacts his plans. Will she blindly support her father? Will she help her father see that Tatsuya just want to be left in peace? Will they become a new version of Romeo and Juliet? That depends on what Koichi's plans is. Especially since we know he had contact with Zhou, a Yotsuba hater and Mahesvara hunter.
Ruci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 12:08   Link #12
Echizen777
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
If you want to find reasons to justify your ship it's easy. But Tatsuya's problem aside, problem which will be solved later in the story, I don't see how it couldn't happen. Mayumi isn't even the heir so she would become Shiba Mayumi. Koichi also said he doesn't want her to marry someone younger but we all know how mature Tatsuya is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
first.

All hail Mayumi!!!!
THIS!
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 12:26   Link #13
nosaer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: TN, USA
Personally, Im not shipping Mayumi with anyone. I do think its possible for her to be with katsuto or tats so far. I'll just be happy to see more of her as she's my favorite girl in the series. and even if koichi doesn't seem to pay attention to younger candidates, Mayumi definitely seems to have a thing for them lol. Maybe that's why Katsuto hasn't had the chance yet because he's her age lol.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 12:42   Link #14
itisjustme
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I'm kinda hoping to read a spin off with Mayumi as the protagonist instead of the main series. :P I don't care who she ends up with, if I were a girl I'd stay afar away from Tatsuya anyway, I kinda dislike how they made her fall for Tatsuya for seemingly no reason.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 13:08   Link #15
nosaer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: TN, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
I'm kinda hoping to read a spin off with Mayumi as the protagonist instead of the main series. :P I don't care who she ends up with, if I were a girl I'd stay afar away from Tatsuya anyway, I kinda dislike how they made her fall for Tatsuya for seemingly no reason.
Her interest in Tatsuya was sparked by how different he is and his different reactions to her teasing than she is used to. Its been said that she has a thing for teasing underclassmen which can be seen through hattori. I think Tatsuya's way of responding to her jokes with more jokes, and a lack of blushing etc caught her interest. not to mention the mysteries of his power. he can't use magic very well, but he's undefeated in magic fights. Its easy for me to see how she could become interested in him. who hasn't become interested in him lol. even Mari caught herself staring on the bus ride to the 9SC.

I can't claim to understand girls myself, but I've seen them fall in love with guys quite easily in my time. especially those of the high school variety.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 13:21   Link #16
itisjustme
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
even Mari caught herself staring on the bus ride to the 9SC.
Yeah I was like wtf when I read that, where she was all like Tatsuya is a really special person to her. Then a bit later we find out she's already got a bf I was doubly wtf. :P
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 13:22   Link #17
Echizen777
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
And don't forget vol 5 where she noticed how humble he is. I think that it's here that she really fell for him. She was trying to put him in the little brother category in 9SC. And with the comparisons in her SS it is even clearer.
That's really well written IMO and it's not over yet. I can't help but root for this couple.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 13:27   Link #18
itisjustme
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Her side is well written (the attraction side at least), actually it's some of the best writing in Mahouka IMO, but there's no chemistry and no attraction on his side, firstly because of what he is I think (that goes for any girl). I can't take Mahouka seriously as a romance atm. And from the start she was attracted to him for some reason, not immediately romantically but still eh, sounded a little too convenient.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 13:34   Link #19
IceHism
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Just because Tatsuya catches a girls interest, doesn't mean they like him lol. Mayumi has hints of liking him but most characters don't like him in that way lol.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 13:47   Link #20
nosaer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: TN, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
I can't take Mahouka seriously as a romance atm.
and you shouldn't. Mahouka isn't a romance story. but it does have some minor romance elements in it. I also think you guys are misinterpreting Mayumi's early reactions for love. I really don't think that was the case. She basically greeted him, and talked about how amazing his scores were during their first meeting, then took advantage of the morisaki incident to get a bit closer to him. were it not for the fact that feelings could have possibly later developed, I doubt you guys would say the same thing. I bet her meeting with hattori was somewhat similar. and she has a knack for giving people nicknames / calling them weirdly.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.