AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-03-10, 11:34   Link #981
RDNexus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 32
Finally the culprit is revealed to everyone. I was getting quite irked by people dismissing the possibility because of reasons.
__________________
For those potentially interested, I've translated Chapter 01 of my original LN-style story, LEGACY SCIONS, from portuguese to english.

You can download it here. Feedback is welcome. I hope you like it.

Last edited by RDNexus; 2016-03-10 at 16:10.
RDNexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 12:34   Link #982
Last Sinner
Fear Inoculum
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 39
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
As always, Erased excels not in the who but in the why. That's always been the most compelling reason for me to be invested in this title.

Will be a bit sad once this ends. This has been an unusually good season and Erased has been the one of the picks of it.
__________________

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” - Aristotle

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2016-03-10 at 17:03.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 12:50   Link #983
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
One interesting change from the manga version

Spoiler for Manga comparison:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 13:06   Link #984
eceso
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Wowww what an episode
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 13:36   Link #985
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
A woman saying "I glimpsed this person walking/talking with a little girl once" is not something likely to raise police suspicion, especially if it's just some guy she knew long ago who's never had anything to do with a crime or even to her or anyone else's knowledge been in the same town when such crimes took place. Thus, if he had not committed any of those crimes in their hometown, he would have far less reason to consider her a threat.
But he has absolutely nothing to fear from those crimes. The statute of limitations in Japan is 15 years and it was only removed from murder cases in 2010. Simply put Nishizono cannot be tried for those, no matter what Sachiko says the case will not be reopened because it simply cannot.

Whatever was the reason for him to kill Sachiko in 2006 it is most definitely not because he feared he would be tried for crimes happened 18 years before.

The only logical conclusion is that he feared that Sachiko would seriously inquire about him and therefore making his future murder attempts too risky.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 13:47   Link #986
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
The teacher revealing himself as the killer was predictable; but MAAAAAN, I was still shocked.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 14:01   Link #987
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 33
That was one of the most brutal cliffhanger I've ever seen. I guess it's time for another revival, but that would kind of cheapen the narrative.

The identity of the killer was most likely not a surprise for anybody (except Satoru himself, who really trusted the guy), but the reveal was well done. He played Satoru like a fiddle.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 14:04   Link #988
Kakurin
大佐
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I guess it's time for another revival, but that would kind of cheapen the narrative.
I doubt we will get a revival. Every revival until now was signaled by the blue butterfly flying in. This time we get the filmstrips that form a circle breaking. Has to mean something.

The pace of the episode seemed really fast though. The part with Nakanishi Aya looked as if somebody hit fast-forward on the remote.
__________________
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 14:14   Link #989
BWTraveller
Azure Dragon reborn
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
But he has absolutely nothing to fear from those crimes. The statute of limitations in Japan is 15 years and it was only removed from murder cases in 2010. Simply put Nishizono cannot be tried for those, no matter what Sachiko says the case will not be reopened because it simply cannot.

Whatever was the reason for him to kill Sachiko in 2006 it is most definitely not because he feared he would be tried for crimes happened 18 years before.

The only logical conclusion is that he feared that Sachiko would seriously inquire about him and therefore making his future murder attempts too risky.
I know about the statute and thus that he has nothing to fear but it gives the cops and Sachiko herself reason to suspect something. You see a guy who you used to know walking with a girl for a couple seconds and then leave, you have little reason to believe it's a kidnapping, the cops would have little reason to believe you if you brought it up, and even if you did jump to that conclusion the guy would have no reason to spot you and say "I bet this old acquaintance realizes I'm a kidnapper despite my never having been in any way associated with any kidnapping cases". If you knew the person from a time when kidnappings were occurring, the killer might have some reason to suspect. If you spotted the killer with one or more of the victims who he shouldn't have known, then the killer would be in serious panic mode. I never said that he was afraid he'd be caught and tried for those old murders, but the presence of a possible history is a good reason for someone to get suspicious. That's why I think eliminating the murders would eliminate her murder: with no history of murders near him, and no possibility of having seen something in the past, the murderer would have no reason to fear that she'd pry. He'd need a reason to expect her to pry, and that would be gone.

Anyway, we've finally laid certain mysteries to rest. And an interesting difference in that the core seems to have been a matter of Satoru being unable to solve things because he trusted and liked the person too much to believe such a thing was possible. Sometimes we blind ourselves to the truth, either because we think it's too obvious and there must be more to it, or because we like a person too much to believe the obvious facts staring us in the face. That's not exactly a mystery, but it's still very cool in its own way.

Also, I too thought that Aya's arc felt a little rushed. This is actually the first time I felt like they hurried things up too much; the rest of the show the pacing was awesome, but this one made me kind of wish it was stretched into two episodes instead of one.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 14:33   Link #990
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I know about the statute and thus that he has nothing to fear but it gives the cops and Sachiko herself reason to suspect something. You see a guy who you used to know walking with a girl for a couple seconds and then leave, you have little reason to believe it's a kidnapping, the cops would have little reason to believe you if you brought it up, and even if you did jump to that conclusion the guy would have no reason to spot you and say "I bet this old acquaintance realizes I'm a kidnapper despite my never having been in any way associated with any kidnapping cases". If you knew the person from a time when kidnappings were occurring, the killer might have some reason to suspect. If you spotted the killer with one or more of the victims who he shouldn't have known, then the killer would be in serious panic mode. I never said that he was afraid he'd be caught and tried for those old murders, but the presence of a possible history is a good reason for someone to get suspicious. That's why I think eliminating the murders would eliminate her murder: with no history of murders near him, and no possibility of having seen something in the past, the murderer would have no reason to fear that she'd pry. He'd need a reason to expect her to pry, and that would be gone.

Honestly I don't think your argument has any relevance. In either case Sachiko would have nothing to present to the police, but in the case of the normal timeline the police would be even less willing to listen to her because that would entail recognizing that the police arrested the wrong person, and that a tribunal wrongly condemned him to death.

It simply makes no sense to think that Nishizono killed Sachiko because he feared she had something to make the police move against him.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 14:53   Link #991
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
But he has absolutely nothing to fear from those crimes. The statute of limitations in Japan is 15 years and it was only removed from murder cases in 2010. Simply put Nishizono cannot be tried for those, no matter what Sachiko says the case will not be reopened because it simply cannot.
If Detective Conan taught me anything, the statute of limitations only "ticks" while you're in the country itself. If he left the country for any amount of time, the SoL pauses until he returns.

So if the author wanted him to be worried about repercussions of those crimes, that'd probably be the reason they'd use.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 15:48   Link #992
BWTraveller
Azure Dragon reborn
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Honestly I don't think your argument has any relevance. In either case Sachiko would have nothing to present to the police, but in the case of the normal timeline the police would be even less willing to listen to her because that would entail recognizing that the police arrested the wrong person, and that a tribunal wrongly condemned him to death.

It simply makes no sense to think that Nishizono killed Sachiko because he feared she had something to make the police move against him.
I'm pretty sure that a separate police department would be willing to hear "I saw a man walking with a little kid, and he's a man who was close to a bunch of kids who got murdered years ago" or "I saw him with some kid years ago right before the kid was kidnapped", or at least more willing to take a look at him in relation to recent investigations than "I saw a guy with a kid who I knew years ago." The police may be reluctant to consider that they or their peers in other prefectures might have made a mistake, but if they're trying to solve current cases then there'd be some risk of them looking into him, and that's the one thing "Nishizono" doesn't want. He takes great care to keep himself out from the police's radar. Also, the guy knows her, and may know that she'd find a way.

In any case, she would look like a bigger threat to the killer I'm fairly certain. If she's just a woman who knew him a long time ago but had never seen or heard anything to even put him in the same town as a kidnapping, never had any inclination to connect him in any way to anything dangerous, then her seeing him with a child would raise fewer alarm bells than a woman who either knew he'd been around at the time of a serial kidnapping and had connections to a couple of the victims or had even witnessed him in some way that seemed harmless at the time. Without the kidnappings, he'd have absolutely no reason to think that she'd feel any suspicion of him, and no reason to think that any look she gave him suggested that she thought he was kidnapping a kid. With the kidnappings, it's different. True, some or many police officers would dismiss the woman if her evidence was a solved case, just like many would dismiss the woman for just seeing him with a kid but having no knowledge whether that kid was his child, a relative, or a stranger. But in the eyes of a killer, I'm fairly certain that a woman who has better reason to connect him to the murders would appear to be a much bigger risk.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 16:12   Link #993
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the land down under...
^
Being who he was, if he recognised Sachiko as Satoru's mother, then he would probably also have known of her past as a journalist. That would make her doubly dangerous to him, especially if he also knew of her connection with Sawada, whom he would know as the one person who continues to chase him.
__________________

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.


"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 16:16   Link #994
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, sadly they made it a bit too obvious last week. But the impact on Satoru was still worth it this week.

I did think that he was making himself a very attractive target. Constantly getting involved, putting himself into isolated situations on a regular basis, and trusting the most suspicious person that was out there.

Of course now the test of how he'll survive begins. Can he revival within a revival? Or will Yashiro actually save him because Satoru's last words caught his attention? Might be worth saving him just to find out if those words have meaning or not.

Either way he's obviously not going to permanently die, but it is interesting. Frankly it shows Satoru's naive stance. He never considered that he could be killed himself. He's just a kid, being overpowered by a killer would be simple.

Great episode.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 17:23   Link #995
j4c06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Wow. I thought that was all a bunch of red herrings.

By the way, Satoru said he knew his future, but it is not exactly true, he hadn't seen the future for this version of the past.

Also,
Spoiler for spoiler:
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 17:25   Link #996
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c06 View Post
Also,
Spoiler for spoiler:
Pretty obvious it was tampered with.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 17:28   Link #997
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Woah, that was rather something.

Spoiler for Ep 10:

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2016-03-10 at 17:48.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 17:38   Link #998
j4c06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pretty obvious it was tampered with.
That is obvious, I meant regardless of it being tampered with.
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 17:42   Link #999
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Hm? I have a bad feeling about it, but considering the title... Don't tell me Satoru is really dead, thus him being the only one missing? But since Sensei (his evil face is just kinda funny for some reason) is still on the loose, so I don't see why he won't continue killing afterwards. And if he does, Satoru wouldn't be the only one missing...
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 17:49   Link #1000
j4c06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Oh, and one other thing that is bothering me. When Satoru saw the man with the umbrella before the last revival, he kind of took notice of him. How could he be so naive then?
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.