AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 3 11.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 37.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 25.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 18.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 7.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-01-11, 17:47   Link #101
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
The bold part seems the most likely option. They will disguise themselves as workers. Still Orga has to take the lead, I may be underestimating those workers, but he has to since just being supportive will not be enough to save them both.
Speaking of which, I'm curious to see what will be the final outcome of this induced rebellion, since I can't see where these workers could go even if they will win. So what? They will declare the colony satellite independent? (A bloodbath seems easier to handle from a narrative point of view).
And in all of this we are leaving out Gaelio and Biscuits brother's company as external factors to make thinks easier.
I think that he will take the lead, but he might do it from the background. As the known leader and boss of Tekkadan, if he's hoping to keep his group name out of it, he can't be seen as the face of this rebellion either. The workers seem to be disorganized and this was just done on the spur of the moment, so they're going to need leaders who know what they're doing. All of Tekkadan has a paramilitary background, so they know how to handle tactics and strategy.

As for what the end game will be, I kind of see this more of a violent worker's strike, and the end result will probably the same as you would have in a normal strike, just with more complications. They really just want a change in their quality of living as well as their rights and benefits as workers, so it will probably end with them hashing things out with the Dort Company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post

Does Mika suspects Fumitan?

Uh huh, they should have checked the cargo before docking. Also, that's the big evil plan? Spread rumors about Kudelia organizing an armed uprising, arm the rebels and then kill Kudelia so she can't calm down the situation. I'm disappointed, it's so... plebeian.

My predictions:

Mika does something dashing and makes Kudelia swoon.

Fumitan makes it clear who she's truly loyal to. Hint, it's not the fat bastard.

Kudelia makes a big speech and calms down the situation.
As for if Mika suspects? I'd bet on it. Despite knowing the ins and outs of some things, you'd have to be blind to not see how nervous Fumitan is acting. Also, they made the point to show Mika watching her, so I think he suspects she's up to something.

With the cargo, I see no reason why they would check it. Does the Fedex delivery guy check what's inside every package that he loads onto his truck? All they're job was, was to deliver cargo labeled industrialized supplies from one place to another for a fee. Checking what was in them wasn't part of the job.

And the plan might be simple, but it is downright devastating if it accomplishes all it means to. Kudelia will be a martyr that was supposedly pushing for a violent militant rebellion against Earth. Many of the outer sphere would answer that call. War will be incited, and honestly the colony workers and Tekkadan will be killed and crushed in the process, but that's of "little price to pay" to get the ball rolling on a conflict that would now be inevitable. And Nobliss would probably be raking in the dough on all the wartime money that could be made.

I'm not so sure if Fumitan knows where her loyalties lie, that's why she's going back and forth. Honestly, I would say that while she's regretful, her loyalty was totally with Nobliss before this. She was going to lead Kudelia to her death if the girl herself hadn't upset the plans. In fact, she was even upset (not relieved) when Kudelia messed up those plans. To me, she seems like a woman that had a mission, but found herself beginning to care for the person under her care, and while now conflicted, is determined to still continue with the mission. However, that conflict is growing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
Does this small uprising at Doc 2 mean, that Tekkadan could gain a colony as a base if everything went well? Cause the way I see it, even if Orga and co. get away alive, and even if the Isaribi survives an attack from Gjallarhorn, they'll still be branded as responsible for this uprising and might have to cut ties with Teihwaz.
I don't think Tekkadan would haven enough manpower or want to have its own colony too. However, they are stuck in a rather tight spot. As I was thinking above, I think that with the Isaribi gone, they might be able to deny Tekkadan's involvement and that they were framed. Orga could have his group fight with the workers, but might do it, but not under Tekkadan's name.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 18:08   Link #102
FerrusManus

Quote:
Next episode: "What's that? Your Chocolate Man is evolving... into a Pedo Char!"
Like the Original Char
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 18:58   Link #103
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Uh huh, they should have checked the cargo before docking. Also, that's the big evil plan? Spread rumors about Kudelia organizing an armed uprising, arm the rebels and then kill Kudelia so she can't calm down the situation. I'm disappointed, it's so... plebeian.
It isn't just so she can't stop them, but to turn her into a martyr figure. Having their only hope at freedom killed would no doubt outrage Mars and all the other outer colonies. That outrage could easily escalate to a war, a war that Nobliss would benefit from.
Old 2016-01-11, 20:09   Link #104
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Uh huh, they should have checked the cargo before docking.
They’re just the “delivery man” working to deliver the cargo. If you know your export-import business, delivery companies aren’t supposed to just easily open and check the content of the containers they're delivering. And don’t forget that in export-import business, all containers are sealed. And if the seal is damaged and the content got broken somehow, Tekkadan wil be the one to blame and that’s bad for business. That’s why they only rely on log and records like IRL. Not even dock-workers have the authority to open up containers they received unless they’re affiliated with the Customs or the Consignee. So it’s perfectly understandable that Tekkadan never pried open the containers to manually check the cargo themselves and and only rely on Merribit’s log & record. Actually, for a show about giant robots, I’m actually surprised that IBO being this realistic when it comes to business.

Quote:
Also, that's the big evil plan? Spread rumors about Kudelia organizing an armed uprising, arm the rebels and then kill Kudelia so she can't calm down the situation. I'm disappointed, it's so... plebeian.
The big evil plan is to start a war between Earth forces and Mars (and most likely the rest of space residents) that will benefit some companies especially those that produce weapons and war machines.

Quote:
Why is Fumitan even surprised to find out where her loyalties truly lie? Anyone with half a brain would see that coming from the start.
To be fair, we don't know Fumitan's motivation for joining Gordon's plan to kill Kudelia. She might think her mission is for a higher cause or something. Until that motivation is revealed, we can't fully judged her character yet.
Old 2016-01-11, 21:30   Link #105
Kurohane

I like the new OP and ED. The animation along with the music of both appealed more to me than the first OP and ED. I particular found the image in the OP with Kudelia standing behind a heavily damaged Barbotos over a water/sky landscape quite powerful.

Fumitan, as many expected, is helping Gordon to martyr Kudelia, but is having conflicted feelings. I don't think she'll die though, mainly because neither the OP or ED shows anyone to replace her. She does do critical work on the bridge, and can't be killed off casually. Merribet may be able to fill her role, but your basically replacing one mole with another. Plus, she's temporarily filing the role of doctor primarily right now.

What's with all these sudden siblings coming out of nowhere? And not surprised Biscuit's brother turns out to be scum. Years, he's been in the colonies, hired by a financial company, yet doesn't do anything to support his family back in Mars.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2016-01-12 at 02:03.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 21:44   Link #106
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
We got a new OP and ED, both of which are only really okay. However, we get to see new things like a new female pilot on McGillis' side, and new mechs for everybody. Also, it looks like McGillis has finally decided to completely embrace his Char clone status, with an actual mask and new red mech.
Yup, you were right. Hes finally getting his mask. lol And what a horribly dorky looking mask too. lol
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 07:27   Link #107
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
What's with all these sudden siblings coming out of nowhere? And not surprised Biscuit's brother turns out to be scum. Years, he's been in the colonies, hired by a financial company, yet doesn't do anything to support his family back in Mars.
Good point. Unless they show a flashback that gives him a valid excuse, Savarin not even sending money back to his grandmother already speaks a lot on his character.

What's also strange is that bews about Tekkadan he was reading on his tablet. How wouod a similar le worker have access to that kind of information?
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 09:15   Link #108
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Fumitan, as many expected, is helping Gordon to martyr Kudelia, but is having conflicted feelings. I don't think she'll die though, mainly because neither the OP or ED shows anyone to replace her. She does do critical work on the bridge, and can't be killed off casually. Merribet may be able to fill her role, but your basically replacing one mole with another. Plus, she's temporarily filing the role of doctor primarily right now.
Well, her role is as supervisor, also probably even accountant, and more, she was the one who took care of the whole transaction after all; and now she is also momentarily in charge of Isaribi. I'd say she is a doctor just in her spare time.

Quote:
What's also strange is that bews about Tekkadan he was reading on his tablet. How wouod a similar le worker have access to that kind of information?
I guess everything has been set up by Gordon, information is a pivotal factor if maneuvered properly to instigate and aggravate a situation. So if I've been Gordon I would have spread fake information specifically to both sides, to the loyalists about some violent terrorists and to the workers about the saviour Princess and her knights.
Keep going on for a while and then make it happen some disorder.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 20:39   Link #109
Irenesharda

Quote:
Good point. Unless they show a flashback that gives him a valid excuse, Savarin not even sending money back to his grandmother already speaks a lot on his character.

I'm going to give Savarin the benefit of the doubt for right now. He seemed genuinely happy to see his brother again, before he heard that he was with Tekkadan. He might be mistakenly thinking that his brother got wrapped up in some shady outfit and is trying to get him out of it.

The bio of him is up on the site, and turns out that Savarin's last name is Canele instead of Griffon, so I'm thinking he was adopted by the businessman Biscuit was talking about, while Biscuit, Cookie, and Cracker were taken in by the grandmother. Being so far away from each other, with no money and the fact that the younger says that he never contacted the elder sibling during all these years, Savarin might not know what's going on on Mars at all. He's been raised on the best of the colonies and he might have just thought things were just as well with his siblings. Eventually life came in the way, etc.

As for how he could have got information from the tablet, it looks like it was more of a company wide bulletin that went out in order in form the employees of criminals about. Another one of Nobliss' schemes.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-01-13, 03:31   Link #110
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Fun fact: cannelé is also a food item.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 05:58   Link #111
Yan3242

Anyway, iam glad it seems i was wrong about the pace, it seems progressing faster now.

Last edited by Solace; 2016-01-13 at 09:21. Reason: Please keep discussion on topic.
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 08:06   Link #112
dienrachen

Is it just me, or do those mobile workers look much closer to tanks than the ones CGS had used?
dienrachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 12:10   Link #113
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
The new OP is okay but the animation and song is nowhere near as good as Raise Your Flag. But Raise Your Flag's bar was really really really high as far as I'm concerned so I wasn't expecting it to beat it anyways. I do like the new ED over the old one though, both the song and the actual animation.

I like the plot developments in this episode and it's a good episode in general. It finally looks like something big is actually happening now with this setup rebellion/assassination thing.

I feel sorry for Biscuit though. I feel like their setting him and his brother for a fight of sorts and his newer and more comfortable life and the conflict

My interest in Orphans is definitely decreasing since I rarely "rush" to see the episode as soon as I can like I used too, but it does keep impressing me with the individual episode writings. I'm waiting for its "critical mass" moment and I have a sneaking suspicion that this episode may possibly be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I'm going to give Savarin the benefit of the doubt for right now. He seemed genuinely happy to see his brother again, before he heard that he was with Tekkadan. He might be mistakenly thinking that his brother got wrapped up in some shady outfit and is trying to get him out of it.

The bio of him is up on the site, and turns out that Savarin's last name is Canele instead of Griffon, so I'm thinking he was adopted by the businessman Biscuit was talking about, while Biscuit, Cookie, and Cracker were taken in by the grandmother. Being so far away from each other, with no money and the fact that the younger says that he never contacted the elder sibling during all these years, Savarin might not know what's going on on Mars at all. He's been raised on the best of the colonies and he might have just thought things were just as well with his siblings. Eventually life came in the way, etc.

As for how he could have got information from the tablet, it looks like it was more of a company wide bulletin that went out in order in form the employees of criminals about. Another one of Nobliss' schemes.
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt now as well. He may be wth a financial company but that doesn't necessarily mean he's too well off, especially so since cost of living on such a populated area is probably pretty high. If the income gap is as wide as some of the dock workers are saying, a worker like him is probabaly not too well off either (better than the dock workers likely but not that far off). He is most probabaly living a more comfortable life in general than his family on Mars, but that doesn't mean he has much of a surplus to send back, if he even has any.

Not that it means he definitely isn't a bad apple since it's still possible but I also got the impression he was genuinely happy to hear from Biscuit at first. I haven't seen anything that makes him one - so far at least. I do think that they are setting him and Biscuit up for some confrontation, possibly even betrayal though likely relating to Biscuit coming over and ruining the reputation/trust/life he built for himself. I still think there's still a way to do it and not make him look too bad though especially since much of the suspicious on Tekkadan is artificial and can be really confusing if you're just the general public who are not aware of the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dienrachen View Post
Is it just me, or do those mobile workers look much closer to tanks than the ones CGS had used?
Definitely so. It may look like it's even specialized for it too. The CGS ones were of a cheaper obsolete model anyways and looked more like a "use it for anything you want" kind of thing.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2016-01-13 at 12:34.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 14:00   Link #114
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
The new OP is okay but the animation and song is nowhere near as good as Raise Your Flag. But Raise Your Flag's bar was really really really high as far as I'm concerned so I wasn't expecting it to beat it anyways. I do like the new ED over the old one though, both the song and the actual animation.

I like the plot developments in this episode and it's a good episode in general. It finally looks like something big is actually happening now with this setup rebellion/assassination thing.

I feel sorry for Biscuit though. I feel like their setting him and his brother for a fight of sorts and his newer and more comfortable life and the conflict

My interest in Orphans is definitely decreasing since I rarely "rush" to see the episode as soon as I can like I used too, but it does keep impressing me with the individual episode writings. I'm waiting for its "critical mass" moment and I have a sneaking suspicion that this episode may possibly be it.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt now as well. He may be wth a financial company but that doesn't necessarily mean he's too well off, especially so since cost of living on such a populated area is probably pretty high. If the income gap is as wide as some of the dock workers are saying, a worker like him is probabaly not too well off either (better than the dock workers likely but not that far off). He is most probabaly living a more comfortable life in general than his family on Mars, but that doesn't mean he has much of a surplus to send back, if he even has any.

Not that it means he definitely isn't a bad apple since it's still possible but I also got the impression he was genuinely happy to hear from Biscuit at first. I haven't seen anything that makes him one - so far at least. I do think that they are setting him and Biscuit up for some confrontation, possibly even betrayal though likely relating to Biscuit coming over and ruining the reputation/trust/life he built for himself. I still think there's still a way to do it and not make him look too bad though especially since much of the suspicious on Tekkadan is artificial and can be really confusing if you're just the general public who are not aware of the truth.
Well, he's definitely going to betray something. Either his family he hasn't talked to in years, or the company that employed him, and all that goes with it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 20:57   Link #115
Irenesharda

I was just looking at Fumitan's instructions that she received in the beginning (which are in impressively well done English), and I must say they do tell us a few things.

First, it thanks Fumitan for her "long years of devotion" and says that her job will end at the Dort Colonies.
Could Fumitan have been planning this path since being hired to be Kudelia's maid? Was this why she was there all along?

Also the note says that everything has been arranged and that Kudelia is supposed to be killed by a "Gjallerhorn assassin". I'm wondering if that assassin really is with Gjallerhorn or only pretending to be in order to implicate them? Either way, it would set the conflict into motion.

However it's interesting that it says that Kudelia is supposed to become the center of the rebellion before getting shot. So, I'd say she's still in danger especially if she decides to do something with the workers.

Also interesting is the last line, which says , "I look forward to the day we meet again.", which sounds rather personal for an employer/employee relationship. I'm wondering what Fumitan and Nobliss' relation is, and if perhaps they are family or close friends?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-01-14, 01:35   Link #116
Dark Wing

Or it could be whoever her handler maybe seeimg how she's a double agent and all that. Also I know I'm late to the party but I would guess that Fumi may have been recruited when Kudelia started to become politically active because I do fond it hard to believe that Fumi was placed there when Kudelia's was that young. Unless Kudelia's really was talking political reforms at the age of 12 or something.
Old 2016-01-14, 03:24   Link #117
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Or it could be whoever her handler maybe seeimg how she's a double agent and all that. Also I know I'm late to the party but I would guess that Fumi may have been recruited when Kudelia started to become politically active because I do fond it hard to believe that Fumi was placed there when Kudelia's was that young. Unless Kudelia's really was talking political reforms at the age of 12 or something.
If we're going by the official calender timeline text used in Episode 4, she made her famous speech nine years ago - when she was seven.
Old 2016-01-14, 04:25   Link #118
Arya

Seven? I'd find it quite unbelievable, even not considering Kudelia I mean.
About Fumitan, Gordon may have been plotting this since before Kudelia's birth, and her birth was the starting point. So he put Fumitan beside her to somehow control her and also maybe push her toward a certain path rather than another. A bit of a long shot, sort of. And it would feel a bit too convoluted.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 05:21   Link #119
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Seven? I'd find it quite unbelievable, even not considering Kudelia I mean.
About Fumitan, Gordon may have been plotting this since before Kudelia's birth, and her birth was the starting point. So he put Fumitan beside her to somehow control her and also maybe push her toward a certain path rather than another. A bit of a long shot, sort of. And it would feel a bit too convoluted.
Because it came from within the anime itself and written in a state of fact matter, there's really not much room to wiggle around the info as it's written now. I do agree that it's unbelievable and feels off though especially since Kudelia herself didn't look that young in the flashback of the speech (still not a direct contradiction yet though).

It's probabaly going to stand like this unless they retcon it. It could happen if they present the info again in a later episode which directly contradicts and thus overwrites what was written earlier or if they change the calender presented in Episode 4 in a home video release, where the episodes are cleaned, fixed and so forth compared to the TV release.

Another less likely scenario is to make her older by retconning her age, since the 16 number as it currently exists is also text from within the anime itself.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2016-01-14 at 05:59.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 05:30   Link #120
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
If we're going by the official calender timeline text used in Episode 4, she made her famous speech nine years ago - when she was seven.
She had to be some kind of chold prodigy or something it'sthe only way that can make sense unless they change the dates around.