AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-08, 06:11   Link #3321
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
@Hatsuyuki Sakura in general:
Spoiler for various:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
@Hatsuyuki Sakura in general:
Spoiler for various:
Spoiler for spoilers:

Spoiler for Hatsuyuki:

edit:

Quote:
Spoiler for various:

Spoiler for spoiler:

edit 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post

I guess yuzusoft's really is the only thing next on my go-to list...
I guess you mean Dracu Riot

Last edited by hyl; 2012-03-08 at 06:43.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 13:12   Link #3322
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler:

The true end was pretty good, I don't think it can get any more happy than that without shitting on the premise of the story itself.
Spoiler:

I liked Hatsuyuki Sakura, the characters are very likable, the romances are sweet, Hatsuyuki himself is a good protag and the plot was interesting. So it was really frustrating to see how the writing just couldn't keep up with rest of the VN.

It's like the writer had a good idea for the plot and characters, but he had problems putting those ideas on paper. There is like, zero descriptive text, scenes that are supposed to be important for the story are over in an instant, it's just so shallow and lacking...oomph?
A lot of things happen and I just couldn't give a shit because it's about as engaging as reading a story summary on wikipedia. It's a shame really, because the smalltalk and jokes are genuinely funny but as soon as the story tries to move forward everything takes a nosedive.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 19:20   Link #3323
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Just started with Lover Able and i will begin with Chinatsu. I don't care if she is more bland than the other heroines, i like her character design
After finishing the emotionly heavier Hatsuyuki Sakura, the much lighter Lover Able cheered me up a little after reading it for a few hours.
Old 2012-03-09, 02:14   Link #3324
n0m@n
C-Z

I have to say that I enjoyed the "Akatsuki no Goei" series the most. It's full with laughter even though there are serious situations.
Old 2012-03-09, 05:45   Link #3325
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Its artist is somehow damn familiar...one of the LNs.....is it Date A Live? Don't think so....
Old 2012-03-09, 14:58   Link #3326
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I have started playing With Ribbon and hope that it will fit into the light-hearted genre to at least some degree.
It has a quite an early introduced time travel and the second time the main gets involved himself to travel back - behold - three days . The re-introduction to Yumimi was rather too sudden/out-of-the-blue, but her route was generally sweet.
It seems that most routes focus more on the girls circumstances than obvious rabu-rabu moments.
Yumimi = gambatte-but-no-talent which ultimately ends succesful, Sumika = love rivalry with her sister and some kind of inferior feeling.
A route for Airi and the home teacher would have been nice as well, but you cannot have everything

So far I have completed two routes which shows quite well the drawback this kind of time travel can bring.
Spoiler:

Fortunately, the drama is kept short and nothing rage-producing.
The characters are quite loveable. Yumimi is a cute kouhai and Sarara's mix of serious atmosphere and cute/embarrsing moments are very enjoyable. The kiss CGs are quite good, as well.
Sarara's route was overall quite enjoyable. One part in the latter half of her drama was quite stupid, but had a funny concept. And her ending scene was very heart-warming.
Sumika's route was okay ... It had a good share of touching moments, although the love triangle part could have been kept a bit shorter.
I'm into Hina's part and it's much sweeter than I expected. I quite liked her character development so far, although it felt also sudden.

Last edited by Mahou; 2012-03-09 at 18:11.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 05:17   Link #3327
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Its artist is somehow damn familiar...one of the LNs.....is it Date A Live? Don't think so....
Yeah I think its the same artist is Lovely Cation(H-Game). I like his designs.
Old 2012-03-11, 08:53   Link #3328
Shadow5YA

So I jumped on the Muv-Luv (Alternative) bandwagon

I was told to play the Extra and Unlimited for some background information, but not all routes are required. If I want to get into Alternative as quickly as possible, which routes do I have to do in Extra/Unlimited? Just Sumika's and Meiya's?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 09:12   Link #3329
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Umph...umph...huwaaa T^T

...I just finished "Kitto Sumiwataru Asairo Yori mo" and is now crying (figuratively) because it was such a touching and beautiful story T^T

Everything had a proper closure. And even though the whole game is actually one huge HUGE route (which you can't continue unless you choose the right choices), every character was adequately explored.

Shumon Yuu is great at creating unique worlds, atmosphere, or backgrounds, and then bringing a proper and ultimate closure to it. All the hints which were laid out before...slowly taking shape as the story progress and finally formed one big picture in the end...

Damn, even though it was only a few days ago I finished Tenshi no Hane, the feeling I get after finished reading Yuu's works hasn't dulled...T^T
Old 2012-03-12, 16:30   Link #3330
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Done with With Ribbon Overall a nicely done Visual Novel with a very likeable cast and lovely CGs. The music was nothing too extraordinary, but it did fit in well enough.
Mahou's favorite route order: Hina > Yumimi >= Sarara > Sumika > Kasumi.
As I mentioned before, I really enjoyed Hina's character deveopment as it wasn't made out to be a major deal. Her drama part was simply strange, but was resolved quickly enough. Chibi-Hina is adorable . Her route focused also more on them as a couple. Yumimi received her major development boost rather later and her 2nd introduction seemed rushed, still she was a "huggable" Kouhai and her route was more about her growth rate in her swimming club. Her drama part was done rather realistic and down-to-earth so there's nothing too much too add.
Sarara's drama part was rather stupid, but her route was generally enjoyable. Her ending was good and showed also her growth relationship-wise pre-credit roll.
Lastly, Sumika and Kasumi: Their route was not really bad per say, but I'm no big fan of love triangle tropes. I applaud Shoutarou for realizing himself that he dragged his "what-are-my-real-feelings" out for too long, though. Based on the choice selection and overall length Sumika's route felt more true than Kasumi's, but maybe that was just my strange perception of it.

Also finally completed Satsuki's route in Lover Able. Wow, so sugary sweet and smile-producing that even a diabetic would be be surprised . Speaking of Lover Able in general, I cannot really pick a "favorite" girl in this one, they were just all awesome :3.

Next, I might try Hotch Kiss (if the drama is similar annoying as the one in Sucre than I know at least what to expect) or dare to venture into another Palette (nakige) VN X_X.
Old 2012-03-13, 04:02   Link #3331
judasmartel
*Author

In general, which type of girls have the easiest and the hardest routes?
Old 2012-03-13, 04:45   Link #3332
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
In general, which type of girls have the easiest and the hardest routes?
The main or titular heroines tend to be the hardest, and the extra heroines which were outside the main line-ups tend to be the easiest...
Wait that was just crap I made up. Seriously though, I can't really see how a certain character archetype affects how "easy" their routes are.
Old 2012-03-13, 10:05   Link #3333
judasmartel
*Author

Well, I just remembered something from KamiNomi where Keima says "teacher routes are the hardest" or something like that. Sure, he's a fictional character, but hey, every VN gamer has his own taste. It seemed like athletes and tsunderes are easier to conquer, but I guess it's because their routes are pretty predictable.

Athletes, you just need to keep up with her physically and/or stand by her for better or for worse.
Tsunderes more or less act like real-life women to me. However, in practice, I find their routes incredibly difficult.

My rule of thumb is that the more likely a VN girl is to Friend Zone the MC, the more difficult.
Old 2012-03-13, 10:22   Link #3334
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Well, I just remembered something from KamiNomi where Keima says "teacher routes are the hardest" or something like that. Sure, he's a fictional character, but hey, every VN gamer has his own taste. It seemed like athletes and tsunderes are easier to conquer, but I guess it's because their routes are pretty predictable.

Athletes, you just need to keep up with her physically and/or stand by her for better or for worse.
Tsunderes more or less act like real-life women to me. However, in practice, I find their routes incredibly difficult.

My rule of thumb is that the more likely a VN girl is to Friend Zone the MC, the more difficult.
Ah, then it's maybe difficult in terms of in-game drama until girl-of-choice is completely ready to accept her true feelings.
Teacher routes are difficult due to the usual anxiety of studentxteacher relationship.
The only "difficulty" in choice-selections mostly occur if at least one selection in the early or middle part of the VN locks you out of another route completely before MCXGirl get together and you are not aware of it (of if there are some internal "affection counters" running. I don't know how many of these VNs are out there, but I think I've seen one or two
Old 2012-03-13, 10:32   Link #3335
judasmartel
*Author

Let's see... For one Come See Me Tonight 2 had more straightforward routes than any VNs I ever played, though I only got through the "shy girl" and "ideal candidate" routes.
Old 2012-03-13, 11:27   Link #3336
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

ah...right.

If it's "difficulty" by how the protagonist pursue the heroine, then yes, character archetypes often affect how the route progress.
The difficulty that comes with choices are really just game design and doesn't always reflect the difficulty the protagonist has to go through.

EDIT: Oh, also, I think the "family member" route is another one that often offers much drama.
Btw, I forgot, did TWGOK explain about the different genres of galge, like nukige, nakige, moege, etc? I think those are the "primary" distinction between galges, and often the "difficulty" for the protagonist as well. The different character archetypes that appears is secondary.

Last edited by erneiz_hyde; 2012-03-13 at 11:39.
erneiz_hyde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 16:50   Link #3337
Bane Rieko
Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to Bane Rieko
Does anyone have an in depth opinion on DearDrops? I finished the trial and it interested me but I am not sure if I want to buy it yet.
Bane Rieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 22:46   Link #3338
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I forgot that the trial edition of Dracu-Riot was released almost 2 weeks ago because i was too heavily focused on Hatsuyuki Sakura back then.

After finishing the web trial edition of Dracu-Riot today in 1 run, i am not sure if i will like the full game as much as i expected/hoped to be.
For starters I think it has many elements that are quite common with toaru majutsu no index: school settings in an isolated city + moe characters + supernatural elements (vampires are quite similar with espers, because they have special powers) + a secret organziation.
For also being marketed as partially a slapstick, i didn't think the trial was that funny (the trial of Renai 0 km was much funnier, but that eroge was mostly a comedy) but that didn't mean that i didn't laugh at some jokes.

The SD CG's in this trial are in my opinion quite good, unfortunately there weren't that many of them yet.
The overall art is ok, but the music was eventhough not bad but at the same time not that memorable for me.
The trial however was quite long (roughly 4-5 hours for me) and it ended half way (i am pretty sure the common route isn't over, seeing that it left with somewhat a cliffhanger)
At the end of the trial, you can choose to watch some silly random scenes or 1 of the H-scenes of the heroines.

Dracu-Riot might be a little overhyped in my opinion, but regardless i will still get it and read it.

edit:
i did end up enjoying Loverable for being very light, but I think that there was at some times a little too much sweetness in it. I will put it on hold for now after finishing Chinatsu and Satsuki.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-03-13 at 23:01.
Old 2012-03-17, 01:10   Link #3339
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Have no other better place to drop this, so I'll drop it here.
If it can make more people go play Dies Irae this June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTxWYSda7uY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hysZcCW65lw
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 03:03   Link #3340
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Have no other better place to drop this, so I'll drop it here.
If it can make more people go play Dies Irae this June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTxWYSda7uY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hysZcCW65lw
What are you doing dancing around like that Carl?

Damn...it's so much better than the PC OP

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel