AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-09, 00:01   Link #1
Za Paper

Koi Kaze

From one ep it looks like an interesting romance anime but I can already hear the complaints. Its too early to tell what kind of direction it will take so I'll hold off on any comments.

BTW, anyone count how many times Geneon was mentioned in the ed credits?
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 11:29   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

hehe, I love anime/manga on brother/sister incest, so this one looks good. also it has a very good "feel" to it
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 16:27   Link #3
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
In 13 episodes we will see this series develop; the art seems taken from one of
ghibli's movies, a very good approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
From one ep it looks like an interesting romance anime but I can already hear the complaints. Its too early to tell what kind of direction it will take so I'll hold off on any comments.

BTW, anyone count how many times Geneon was mentioned in the ed credits?
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 17:06   Link #4
Killerattacks

I really liked this one. I think it will be my favourite anime together with Midori no Hibi this season.

But I don't really know whether it will really be a brother/sister incest thing. It rather looked like they will open new points of view for each other with their different style of live. I'm really looking forward to the next eps.
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 20:59   Link #5
NeverRamza

oh shit pedo alert...
NeverRamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 22:57   Link #6
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverRamza
oh shit pedo alert...
Not to mention incest alert? You know, there's got to be something wrong with anime when I have to say that incest and lolicon is so cliche...
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 03:20   Link #7
CelestiaLegends

lol :P give the thing a chance, the first ep was awsome =P keep watching
CelestiaLegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 04:05   Link #8
Iron Monkey

K, I'm going to start off by saying that I find myself actually really enjoying the first episode of this series. I like the mood and overall tone this series gives off, it's very soothing.

With that being said, I really hope the main theme of this series is a brotherly/sisterly love, and not a romantic one, although I do have my doubts. I mean, I don't know about you, but I don't think blushing when seeing your sibling is natural. If it takes the latter path rather than the former, I dunno, I'll still end up watching it. I mean, I guess I'm pretty open minded about these kind of things.

Anyways, I'm a little surprised that this series of all series would be licensed, with such a touchy subject and all. Previous series like DaCapo, Sister Princess, etc., which, although had the brother/sister undertone, did not specifically say that the two are blood related like this one does.

Oh, and one last thing. The girl does not look like a high school student, she looks like first year junior high to me. But meh, I guess that's the thing with animes. Appearance in age is pretty ambiguous.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 08:59   Link #9
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

I wonder why an anime with incestual undertones is already licensed...

I also wonder how the general public would react to such a theme. Heh...
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 10:53   Link #10
dreamless

heh, I'd bet there'll be heavy incest undertones. but then I think it's good to see something different some time, an incest pure love anime, now that's a rarity
Old 2004-04-12, 09:36   Link #11
dreamless

the 2nd episode is hilarious and quite emotional, seems getting better and better
Old 2004-04-12, 09:50   Link #12
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverRamza
oh shit pedo alert...
Old 2004-04-13, 22:51   Link #13
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I just find everything about this show wrong, for obvious reasons of course. Suffice it to say, I'm not into the incest types of stories and I'm definitely troubled by the older guy - preteen relationship. I saw the first episode without knowing anything about this series. Just checking it out to see if it is something worth renting or picking up once available on DVD. Anyway, its not a habit of mine to talk negatively about a series since I basically don't talk about shows I dislike. so I'm here to talk about the positive aspects of this anime.

I was really attracted by the art design. It was really, how should I say this...artsy. It's what really got me fascinated with the show in the beginning. Somehow it reminds me of Saikano although the face designs look different. Maybe its the background or the body shapes of the characters. The pacing is slow but it keeps you in the flow of the story.

I also like the voice of Nanako. It's different and more mature. Not the usual high pitched tone that is usually applied to this kind of character. When she said "Onii - ...chan?" she sounded so adorable.

Spoiler:

I don't mind a relationship between 15 and 18 year olds. Even a 20 year old is still okay, but a 28 year old? Hopefully, it won't be an incest relationship and that they really are more like brothers and sisters opening new points of views for each other just as Killerattacks suggested. I dunno if I'm going to continue watching it but I'll be checking back on this thread to see how the story progresses.

Last edited by Bullsquat; 2004-04-13 at 23:30.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 08:33   Link #14
linuxguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
I also like the voice of Nanako. It's different and more mature. Not the usual high pitched tone that is usually applied to this kind of character. When she said "Onii - ...chan?" she sounded so adorable.
Her seiyuu is 15 years old and far as I know it's her first role.

Before you give up on this series you might want to read this:

http://catsspat.dyndns.org:2080/anim...6-6/index.html

There is a spoiler for the ending there, at least for the manga. Here's a pertinent quote if you don't want the ending spoiled:

The jist of the story is that Nanoka falls in love(?) with her brother. Now, don't go off thinking weird things. This isn't Sakura Tsuushin we're talking about here. Nothing happens between the two. In fact, nothing really interesting happens, period. Somehow, though, it's not as boring as it should be from the little content it has. The keyword here is "innocence."

What's happening in this show is a relatively new phenomenon called Genetic Sexual Attraction. There's a Wikipedia article on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_sexual_attraction

A newspaper article linked from there goes into greater detail.
linuxguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 08:51   Link #15
dreamless

well, instead of trying to use some euphemism here, the manga is quite clear in that the girl wants to sleep with her brother, and the guy wants to sleep with his sister, the only thing stops them from doing so is the fact that they are blood-related brother and sister...
Old 2004-04-15, 19:35   Link #16
LinChoiSin

i love this show so far ,the animation is good and the characters are nice .As for the plot though the main characters are blood related they don't know each other so the situation is very difficult but it could be worse ,just like in "angel sanctuary".
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 16:05   Link #17
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Manga Ending SPOILERS !!!!!!!

As a brother having a sister 12 years younger than me I cannot tell you how much I adore this series besides the touching visual presentation. It's also true that I did not notice the full bloom of nearby sakura trees this year.

My sister was 12 when she moved from our parents to stay with me for her secondary school study but it was shortly before my wife moved in. At that time, as a solely sister among three very old brothers, she was already spoilt by our parents. As a new couple, I spent most of my time caring my wife therefore I was very careless with my sister, unfortunately. I always criticised her behaviour so she did not like me as much as when she was a young innocent girl. Our relationship was very distant. Now I wish I could be caring my sister to a higher level than I did and I wish our relationship could be more closer. She is now 25 and I have not seen her for 4 years.

After watching episode 3 on Thursday night I decided to collect the manga for this series and trust me I cannot read most of them. I went to 5 bookstores in my area, 3 large and 2 small bookstores. The two small bookstores did not have Koi Kaze on shelves. All three large bookstores had Vol. 1 and two of them had Vol. 4. None of them had Vol. 2 and 3. A storegirl of one bookstore apologised right away for not having them in stock when I asked her to locate Vol. 2 and 3. Later my online bookstore search revealed that Vol. 2 and 3 were out of stock everywhere. In the end I got only Vol. 1 & 4.

!!!! SPOILERS !!!!

Since I am always a spoiler man. DO NOT click the links below unless your heart strongly desire.

Koi Kaze Vol. 4, page 132

Koi Kaze Vol. 4, page 208-209

Koi Kaze Vol. 4, page 210, END

HaRoRuleZ
Old 2004-04-19, 00:29   Link #18
Rem Margot
Darling bud of May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Rogers
I wonder why an anime with incestual undertones is already licensed...
I think that Geneon bought Pioneer a while back so that technically everything that Geneon produces is instantaneously liscenced in N. America.

As for KoiKaze, I get the feeling that I'm going to really like this series. I've been watching a lot of really fast-paced, action-oriented anime recently (Gilgamesh, FMA, Planetes and Peace Maker to name a few). KK presents a nice break from the other series. There's something very muted and "soft" about this series that appeals to me.

As for the incestrous theme...well, that is pretty naughty! However, the obvious kinkiness of the plot is diluted by the innocent presentation--the nostalgic piano music, the soft colours, the sakura-petal-trope--as well as the sheer sweetness of the characters, that I find myself quite won over.

HaRoRuleZ: Where did you buy the manga? It looks awesome!

Last edited by Rem Margot; 2004-04-19 at 00:44.
Rem Margot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 02:07   Link #19
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem Margot
HaRoRuleZ: Where did you buy the manga? It looks awesome!
Obviously, from bookstores in Tokyo (would you mind looking below my avatar?).

You won't be disappointed with this series. It will stay in your memory for long, innocence and passion have it. Its story closely resembles real life somewhere.
HaRoRuleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 22:13   Link #20
Rem Margot
Darling bud of May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
Obviously, from bookstores in Tokyo (would you mind looking below my avatar?).

You won't be disappointed with this series. It will stay in your memory for long, innocence and passion have it. Its story closely resembles real life somewhere.
Gee, I'm really sorry for not paying attention to your current whereabouts. I just bought Volume 1 and 4 from Amazon.jp, but the others are out of stock. As someone grounded in Toronto, I guess I'm out of options for the other volumes. Oh well...there's always the scanlation project.
Rem Margot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen