AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-08-10, 10:00   Link #41
LynnieS

lwl12 - I have to say that I have never enjoyed my experiences on Amtrak - even those relatively short trips to Washington, Philadelphia, and Boston out of New York. It was actually faster for me to take a Greyhound express bus to go from Boston to NYC, which I thought was ridiculous.

The seats in the emergency aisles, if I'm not mistaken, are typically assigned at the last minute; I always ask for them, but have only gotten one once by giving up my assigned seat to allow a group going to Hawaii to sit together. Flying either business or first class, though, was great; I'm not a fan of American Airline's business class seating, though.

Drink plenty of water and juice (Soda? Eh... A little too easy to get dehydrated, no?), bring some music or a good book, and you're good, I feel. Economy class seats don't usually come with power outlets, which for long flights, isn't good.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 00:42   Link #42
barcode120x
RN

I didn't want to start a new thread so I searched for an old one to bump and rant. So, my original flight through United Airlines was supposed to be from Ontario Airport (California, not Canada ) -> San Francisco Airport - > Narita Airport. I was supposed to fly out 3/22 and be in Japan 3:00ish PM on 3/23.

On 3/22:
My flight to SFO was delayed due to "air traffic" (whatever the f*** that means) long enough that I would miss my Japan flight out of SFO and there was only 1 flight out of SFO that day. Actually, there's only 1 flight out of SFO through UA every day. Once you miss the Japan, flight you have to wait until the next day. So, they rebooked me for 3/23 and said they would try to accommodate me with an upgrade seating once I reached SFO for my connecting flight to Japan.

Today, 3/23:
AGAIN, my SFO was delayed due to weather while I was on the aircraft and I actually had to get off the plane because I told them if I boarded, I would be in SFO for 24 hours until the flight to Japan the next day on the 3/24. So, they rebooked me SECOND time for tomorrow, 3/24 except this time it's the earliest SFO flight @ 5:45am and the agent guaranteed me that flight will fly out and not be delayed.

Unfortunately, their accommodation/compensation sucks. The agent said that she would book me to the next flight to SFO today and why not just stay overnight and take the next flight to Japan tomorrow. I told her I would have not hotel or shuttle booked. She told me she could get a "discounted" voucher to go to the hotel. I told her HELL no, why should I pay for any hotel for something that has inconvenienced me, not once, but twice?! I asked her if she could upgrade my seating for the SFO - Japan flight tomorrow, but she said she would totally due it but she does not have control on seating because SFO is not her airport and the affiliated connecting flight is Nippon Airways.

So, as of right now, I have waste 48 hours of my 14 day vacation to japan, wasted some money on airbnb (fortunately, my friends are already in Japan so I don't have to cancel my airbnb, I just pay them the difference), I've spent roughly 10 hours in the airport doing nothing but rebooking and waiting, AND to top it off, I currently have ZERO compensation at this time. The agent said that I would "hopefully" get upgraded seating in SFO, but that's only by word of mouth.

/endrant

I've have been flying a couple times already the past year, but this by far is the worst. I know it is not United Airlines's fault for having "air traffic" and "weather" delays, but at least give me some goddamn compensation for rebooking me twice over 48 hours. Blessings to the airline agent though. No, I did not chew her out, I was calm and collected and she felt sorry for me but I raged in my mind this whole time.

Pray and/or wish for blessings for me tomorrow in that my flight is not delayed a 3rd time and that I do get upgraded seating to Japan

"Avoiding the truth but trying not to lie, and it's just terrible."

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 01:23   Link #43
kellygrin

I'm not a big fan of flying, but next week I'm going to fly to Japan, I've already booked tickets at https://lowcost.club/ to Tokyo. Hope everything will be great. It will be my first trip to Japan!
kellygrin is offline   Reply With Quote