AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2003-11-27, 23:00   Link #1
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

Computer problems

I've been searching net on how to slove this problem, but its just bs after bs like real obvious suggestions that only a person who owned a comptuer for 2 days wouldnt know them.

Ok, i only had my dvd-rom drive for a month now, and after my comp crashed, it doesnt read cd-roms or dvds. It shows my dvd rom in my computer, but when i click on it with either a cd or dvd in it, it says "please insert a disk into drive..."

I reinstalled the dvd player software, i checked device manger for any problems, uninstalled the drive and let xp reinstall it, switched it from slave to primary, and installed aspi drivers.

Nothing! this is really pissing me off.

Only thing left to do is clean it (but its only been a month, and i havent cleaned my cd burner in over a year) or ditch this and buy a dvd burner, whicn i guess i should have done in the first place.
Do dvd-rom drives need more cleaning than normal?
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 23:43   Link #2
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Try this, worked for me a few times. Uninstall the drivers and ANYTHING associated with that drive. Shutdown your PC. Restart the pc WITHOUT the drive attached to the motherboard. Restart, let windows do its thing, then shutdown again. REATTACH the drive to the motherboard, and make sure the cable is on right, that might be the problem. Startup and let windows do its thing again, hopefully that should work. If not, try leaving the drive on "cable select". My friends cd burner did this before, i corrected the problem, but not his burner is just dead, hope thats not the case.
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 01:05   Link #3
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
I've been searching net on how to slove this problem, but its just bs after bs like real obvious suggestions that only a person who owned a comptuer for 2 days wouldnt know them.

Ok, i only had my dvd-rom drive for a month now, and after my comp crashed, it doesnt read cd-roms or dvds. It shows my dvd rom in my computer, but when i click on it with either a cd or dvd in it, it says "please insert a disk into drive..."

I reinstalled the dvd player software, i checked device manger for any problems, uninstalled the drive and let xp reinstall it, switched it from slave to primary, and installed aspi drivers.

Nothing! this is really pissing me off.

Only thing left to do is clean it (but its only been a month, and i havent cleaned my cd burner in over a year) or ditch this and buy a dvd burner, whicn i guess i should have done in the first place.
Do dvd-rom drives need more cleaning than normal?
I would say go clean it first. Any optical drive gets dirty, especially if you don't give it perfectly clean discs. If the drive is spinning up, stops, and spins up again ad infinitum, you need to clean it.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 01:58   Link #4
p3psi

im going out to buy a cleaning kit now, hope this works. I talked to tech support and the only option left is to just get a new drive. errrrrrrrrrrrr, bastards

OH, and the reason i name this thread "computer problems"(instead of just dvd rom problem) is that so everyone can post thier COmp troubles here.
Old 2003-11-29, 02:36   Link #5
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
hmm everyone's problems ay? well it involves a Linksys Wireless G router and the Wireless G PCI adapter.

If you have no idea what I am talking about this point you should just go ahead to the next post, but if you do then please keep reading

Ok well this is my problem. I want to connect wirlessly to the internet using the Wireless G router and PCI adapter, but I can't mainly because it won't let me connect to the internet. well it shows up on the setup page of the rouer that I am indeed connected and have the DHS servers and crap, but I can't connect to the internet even using a ethernet wire...

I have updated the firmware to its latest version and I have tried several things that tech support offered. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver or whatever you call it and then restarted the computer without the PCI card and then turned it off and restarted it with it and reinstalled the driver. All the hardware and software indicate that everything is connected, but when I open my browser it just doesn't go anywhere...

I'm using SBC Yahoo DSL, I can currently connect to the internet by directly connecting the computer to the modem, and the PCI card can connect to the router and get a very good signal. I don't know what else maybe needed for anyone out there to help me but if there is someone who think they can help plz give me something. O and if you guys need more info on my comp and specs and such or whatever PM or I guess post on this thread

This problem is probably something that I overlooked, but hrmmm plz help me
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 21:05   Link #6
p3psi

My dvdrom drive is still f'd up, but i found this solution:
Quote:
Ok guys, here's the solution WITHOUT reintalling Windows :P

I had the same problem when I uninstall CDRWIN 5.
I have a Toshiba CD-RW/DVD SD-R2120 and WinXp was telling me Code 39. I went on Golden
Hawk's web site and I found a link on Microsoft support site.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q270008

Solution :
1 - Open regedit
2 - Remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely from the following
registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3 - Reboot

Personnaly, I haven't reboot. I just delete the driver and told WinXp to detect new
devices.

What should we remember of that experience ?

BURNING CD IS BAD ! .... so is CDRWIN 5

My name is Emile Maher and I'm a student. (not)
Should i do this? or is this a trick that will f up my system?
oh, and what does upperfilters and lowerfilters values mean? i dont see them

Last edited by p3psi; 2003-12-02 at 22:27.
Old 2003-12-02, 21:12   Link #7
Ryax
Animal Mafia Gorilla

Location: A place with alot of wiggers, Mattituck (Long Island) New York
Send a message via AIM to Ryax Send a message via Yahoo to Ryax
Heres a better, simpler way:
Reinstall the drivers for the CD-ROM drive.. to do this go to add/remove hardware, search for new hardware.

(I didn't read all that jazz above )

It even offers to uninstall allready connected hardware. so.
Ryax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 21:20   Link #8
p3psi

of course i already tried that ryax, but thanks anyways.

I now know how i f'd up my dvd drive though, cuz it seems a lot of other people had this problem.

DO not use your dvd-rom drive as a source when copying a cd if they're on the same cable! I did this with nero, and my comp froze after a while, and it now can only read cdroms.

and, like i said, i kinda hope that this would be the thread where eveyone goes to post thier comp problems instead of creating new threads