AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-17, 13:49   Link #41
Super Ska Master

I like this show. The guys at Devil fansubs are really nice. Everybody head over to the forums and try to get the community going. I also am trying to get them to sub the show Sakigake!! Otokojuku which was another popular 80s/90s Jump series. I posted a topic about it in the Requests forum and they said it interested them and they would keep it in mind if there is support for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Sakigake!! Otokojuku (魁!!男塾) by Akira Miyashita (宮下あきら) is a Japanese manga later made into an anime series. It is staged in a private boy's school that teaches Oendan to troubled teen-agers. The students are trained to "revive the Spirit of Japan" and mainly engage in fighting or killing courses. The nature of the manga is usually considered by the readers as a comical, or even parody view of Japanese nationalism.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8koptoXSLz4

http://devilfansub.awardspace.com/forums/
Go over and help out the group.
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 17:57   Link #42
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Thumbs up

Now this is a show that I really wanted to sit down and watch. I don't know what brought me to the table. I really don't. But I guess as I started sifting through the internet finding decent fansites on the show I drug me in even more. I do like supernatural stories. Especially, the Japanese creature mythos.

There were a lot of great sites on this show awhile back. Sadly they have disappeared except maybe one. But, 2 of the 3 sites I had found had summaries for the episodes. And that was before fansubs. I bought the show on VCD a long time ago. But I have yet to sit and watch the set through it's entirety. Now they're releasing all these old shows finally on DVD. So I'm glad to see the show subtitled.

I picked up a couple of volumes of the manga awhile back. Man talk about some crazy stuff!! Hahahah!! Creepy, dramatic and sometimes downright hilarious. And I'm a sucker for a comedies. The "takes" Nube makes are up there with the insanity found in 'Gash Bell'.

I'm surprised that this show hasn't hit the radar yet for possible remakes. They're doing everything else. I better get my fill of the original before that ever happens.

Thank you 'devilfansubs' !!!

*Another good series that should be given justice is 'Ushio & Tora'. It got an OVA series, but I think there is enough material to go back and work on it.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 18:25   Link #43
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
Now this is a show that I really wanted to sit down and watch. I don't know what brought me to the table. I really don't. But I guess as I started sifting through the internet finding decent fansites on the show I drug me in even more. I do like supernatural stories. Especially, the Japanese creature mythos.
Same here I love mythology and it cant be better if some horror is also induced into it . And this one of the few shows which mixes horror with comedy . And the best part is they have kep mythos simple in some shows like Hundred Stories you have to pause and read the subbers note . But in this as its kept simple it quite fun : D

Quote:
Another good series that should be given justice is 'Ushio & Tora'. It got an OVA series, but I think there is enough material to go back and work on it.
Thanx will check Ushio & Tora out ^^
Old 2007-03-25, 00:19   Link #44
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Ep 3 was great wasnt all that scary but definately very intresting . Its really nice how they combined a shonen/horror with a very good message . The chracter developement of Nube has been done really good with each episode we get to see new facets of his personality and chracter . The monsters are very Devil Man ish thats a welcome change as they use the apperance of the monster to create horrror rather than other relying on physcological effects and build up .
Old 2007-03-25, 02:10   Link #45
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Ep 3 was great wasnt all that scary but definately very intresting . Its really nice how they combined a shonen/horror with a very good message . The chracter developement of Nube has been done really good with each episode we get to see new facets of his personality and chracter . The monsters are very Devil Man ish thats a welcome change as they use the apperance of the monster to create horrror rather than other relying on physcological effects and build up .
For someone as who firstly has seen the Spanish dub before the Japanese original, IMO the characters' voices for the Spanish dub sound better than in the original language.

Not to discredit or mean rudeness to the Japanese seiyuu that provided the voices in Nube.

It is only an observation to comment that the Mexican actors, who supplied their voices for the characters, did a splendid job to capture the charisma and staying true to the characters' personalities, just as the original seiyuu did for the Japanese broadcast of Nube.

The Spanish dub remains faithful to the original at all technical aspects, as well narrative ones. That means there is no censorship and editing whatsoever in each of the 48 episodes which comprise the series.

I don't ever want to imagine or even fathom how Jigoku Sensei Nube would sound or look like if it ever gets licensed in the United States.

I am just giving my opinion that the voices for Nube and the rest of the 5-3 classroom characters sound more emotive in the Spanish dub. Maybe this is due that the Japanese language uses high and low sounds, while the Spanish tongue uses strong and soft sounds.

Yes, the show why delving on horror and comedy to flesh out the characters' personalities from different facets, also implies a moral or lesson about daily-life issues that run rampant in ourselves, homes, and society in general.

Basically, the goal of the youkai is to break down their victims by inflicting on them a curse that will force them to stray and keep themselves isolated from the rest of their friends with a trouble or problem that is common at first.
The victims will usually enter first a denial stage, forcing to accept that they do not need help from outsiders and rising their anger and fear upon frustration that the trouble does not disappears and instead gets worse.

In other cases such as the one established in episode three, the youkai will make those people close to its target to loathe that person and thus leaving him or her for good, so as the target becomes exposed and weakened. That is because the youkai will usually take advantage of the defects and flaws that it sees on that person to further their nefarious plans.

As you witnessed in episode three and you will in the next ones that follow, Nube's secret identity is that of the buffoon or joker teacher that fools around in class with his overboard ghost stories and allows his hormones to get the idiot of him when comes to flirting with Ritsuko-sensei.
This is only but the mask or diguise, a facade to plainly put it. Nube's true identity is of the man who risks his life to ensure the safety and happiness of his children. His Oni no Te makes him more than a match for the youkai to handle him.

Ultimately, the youkai's downfall stems from them underestimating Nube and the true facets of his real personality, since they'll mostly judge him by the looks of the dorkhead, bumble teacher that he behaves when everything is at peace.
You may have noticed it. Although on the surface Nube is nuts, he has quite sharp senses to feel and detect the anomalities that the youkai cause.

In addition, Nube has his reasons as to why he cannot properly invite Ritsuko-sensei to a former dinner or lunch.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 02:13   Link #46
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Very informative post nicely put I am not familar with spanish va or dubbing . Kudos to you : D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
Okay that spoiler] made me crack up rl . Poor Nube or Nuuube
Old 2007-03-31, 10:28   Link #47
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Talking

When I looked yesterday what did I saw that Devil-Fansubs summoned episode four. Seriously, that team is investing their efforts to keep the releases in time and with consistency. If they keep this rate about one episode per a weekly basis, then by the end of the year they will have fansubbed all of Nube.

In this episode, as it will happen in quite a few others, Nube and his pupils learn that not all of the youkai are evil. There might be quite few good youkai out there that either want to help humans or become victims of the greater and evil youkai.

This episode establishes another common issues with the daily life, as well. That is for those children who get laughed at and ridiculed by their peers, because they will not believe them that experienced an encounter with a youkai. The topic of discussion resides that the ridiculed children are victims of bullies or ostracism.

You know if you recall your school days at elementary or middle school, if you were a passive kid who was bullied everyday by the local jerk of the classroom. Not quite a nice memory to dig out, if you may ask me.

BTW, episode four also includes the preview for episode five.
Old 2007-03-31, 11:22   Link #48
Super Ska Master

Good episode. Keep up the good work.
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 03:00   Link #49
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Seriously, that team is investing their efforts to keep the releases in time and with consistency. If they keep this rate about one episode per a weekly basis, then by the end of the year they will have fansubbed all of Nube.
I am yet to watch ep 04 didnt have the time today . Devil-Fansubs is indeed doing a great job hurray to them . Consisitent and regular releases is turning me into a big Nube fan or Nuuuube Fan : D
Old 2007-04-05, 00:57   Link #50
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Kappa was shown in new light. I first heard the word kappa it was in Saiyuki (Gojyo’s other nickname) .When I did wiki the word kappa I saw a grotesque creature on wood block prints. But this show changed my opinion on kappa in general

* Kappa

Each episode of this show is different and that’s the best part. This show doesn’t follow any certain pattern how the story will progress. With each passing episode Jigoku Sensei Nube is getting closer and closer to become my fave show.
Old 2007-04-14, 00:02   Link #51
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

This episode was a little scarier than usual. Ritsuko and Nuube moments are really hilarious but it proved Nube has no idea abut woman. This episode had lot of humor in it especially Hell Kindergarten Teacher Nuube. The interesting fact in the episode was 4 is an unluckily number as opposed to 13 in western cultures.

The other thing that came up was Kaidan collection of ghost stories
Old 2007-04-14, 00:06   Link #52
Saber Cherry
Marionette

"Hell Kindergarten Teacher Nuuuubeeee" was funny
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 00:09   Link #53
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
"Hell Kindergarten Teacher Nuuuubeeee" was funny
The appearance of Nube during Hell Kindergarten Teacher Nuuuubeeee even changed he was wearing an apron The funniest scene in this episode I must say is the Hiroshi victory dance ( 3.53 ) after scoring a Goal tempted to make Icon . Closely followed by Nuube trying to impress Ritsuko with Ecchi magazines

EDIT : Icon Done : D

Quote:

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2007-04-14 at 00:44.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 17:50   Link #54
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
This episode was a little scarier than usual. Ritsuko and Nuube moments are really hilarious but it proved Nube has no idea abut woman. This episode had lot of humor in it especially Hell Kindergarten Teacher Nuube. The interesting fact in the episode was 4 is an unluckily number as opposed to 13 in western cultures.

The other thing that came up was Kaidan collection of ghost stories
Spoiler:

Every episode teaches a moral or addresses a theme about friendship, trust, or communication.

In this episode Katsuya nearly learned the hard way that if you associate or hang with the wrong people, then you will end up bad.

Believe me that the first time I saw this episode an electric surge sank into my stomach. The horror things caught me by surprise without fair warning. Moreover, this is the first among several other episode which truly pulled out an effective fright on me.

What an irony that the supersition theme revolved this time about numbers '4' in the East and '13' in the west. The sum of adding the two digits in number 13 yields as a result a 4. I have this funny thoughts that maybe Japanese kindergartens should stop teaching to the students any kind of operations which will inevitably give 4 as a result, product, or difference.

If you want to know about why is it that Japanese schools have this obsession with the so-called "7 horror mysteries", then you may want to check the link below.
http://www.animenation.net/news/askjohn.php?id=1535

Am I really freaked on why in some anime they design characters with buck teeth shown outside their mouths? and why is that some schools in anime have also an old building as well?
Old 2007-04-19, 10:02   Link #55
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

If Jump Ulitmate Stars and Wikipedia are anything to go by, I can't wait untill
Spoiler:
show up.

Last edited by Conan-san; 2007-04-19 at 15:46.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 11:04   Link #56
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
The appearance of Nube during Hell Kindergarten Teacher Nuuuubeeee even changed he was wearing an apron The funniest scene in this episode I must say is the Hiroshi victory dance ( 3.53 ) after scoring a Goal tempted to make Icon . Closely followed by Nuube trying to impress Ritsuko with Ecchi magazines

EDIT : Icon Done : D
The word 4 and death sounds very much alike in chinese. So most Chinese will avoid using 4 possible.
Old 2007-04-19, 14:54   Link #57
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The word 4 and death sounds very much alike in chinese. So most Chinese will avoid using 4 possible.
True most of Japanese Mythology is borrowed from China it was imported with Budhism and more than Shinto seeing the prayer beads / spells Nube leans towards Budhism
Old 2007-04-19, 20:44   Link #58
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Devil-fansubs rides again with their sub release for episode six yesterday.

One of Nube's strongest enemies comes.
Spoiler:

This was a Naruto-referenced episode.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-20, 15:18   Link #59
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Two diffrent Villages, obviously.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 15:39   Link #60
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Devil-fansubs rides again with their sub release for episode six yesterday.

One of Nube's strongest enemies comes.
Spoiler:

This was a Naruto-referenced episode.
Spoiler:

If you mean when the manga came out.
Nube predate Naruto by 15-20 years not 5.