AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

View Poll Results: Is Touko guilty in "Rainy Blue" arc?
No, she has not done anything wrong 21 45.65%
No, but I still hate Touko/this type of girl 7 15.22%
Yes, but she doesn't realize it 10 21.74%
Yes, she created this whole mess 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-14, 22:54   Link #1
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

[POLL] "Rainy Blue" arc: Is Touko guilty?

With only two episodes remaining, perhaps this is the last arc of Marimite anime.
So, join our discussion. Voice your opinion, Is Touko guilty?

PS: If you don't mind, I will make the voting public.
Old 2004-09-14, 23:01   Link #2
Nequam

Send a message via MSN to Nequam
Absolutely not.

Touko may have been a catalyst for the incident, but that doesn't hide the fact that Yumi and Sachiko are both equally responsible for not being more open with eachother as Soeurs.

She might not win any personality contests... but Touko really isn't the one at fault here.
Old 2004-09-15, 02:57   Link #3
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Well, I dont think Touko is deliberly hurting Yumi by swooping Sachiko's attention, but a big part of what happens in this arc *is* her fault, like Sachiko's.

I don't fault Yumi here even if I know they all have a part in it. Yumi is a sensitive and emotional character by nature, you can't really blame someone for being who we like them for. Sachiko on th other han, while being rather cold, should know (and do know) better than what she does here.
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Old 2004-09-15, 05:17   Link #4
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
I think Touko is guilty.
When Yumi yelled “So you’ve chosen Touko-chan over me!” to Sachiko, Touko must heard. She could (she had one whole week) clear the situation to Yumi with one little sentence like this: "I have no intention to steal your Onee-sama", but she doesn't.

Maybe she apologizes in the next ep...
Old 2004-09-15, 05:25   Link #5
Orm_Irian

Well, Touko seems to be an arrogant, spoilt brat, but if one wants to be objective, it cannot be said that what she has done was done with bad intent (if we except the bruhaha on episode 8 - and I am not very certain about that been done with malicious intent).
I guess that Touko used to be a recipient for Sachiko's affection and attention at home and she behaved the same way at school, too. She may even have heard of Yumi, might even be a bit jealous of her, but she never went out of her way to break up Sachiko and Yumi.
In fact, despite Yumi's impression for the contrary, Touko seems to like her and tries to be friendly.
If Sachiko and Yumi were more open with each other, sharing their concerns and fears and if Yumi acted reasonably, then nothing much would happen.
Old 2004-09-15, 09:18   Link #6
JokerD

Let's see, the situation here is 3 way, it would be a mistake to say that it's just 1 person's fault. However Touko just somehow rubs me the wrong way.
Old 2004-09-15, 09:51   Link #7
Yumisuke
Noto kawaiiyo Noto

I think Touko is not guilty, but I hate her.

I like Marimite because of it's soeur system. That is so wonderful, but Touko ignores that (and as a result hurts my beloved Yumi-chan ).

On the other hand, I think Touko is good character. Because of her, Marimite becomes more interesting.
Old 2004-09-16, 08:23   Link #8
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

With how Ms. Konno Oyuki had written the story in a certain form when I first read the novel, I definitely despised Touko-chan.

By the latter half of "Parasol o Sashite" I began to like her. By "Kohitsugi-tachi no kyuuka," she became a good candidate within me for Yumi's soeur.
Old 2004-09-16, 08:53   Link #9
Nequam

Send a message via MSN to Nequam
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
With how Ms. Konno Oyuki had written the story in a certain form when I first read the novel, I definitely despised Touko-chan.
I'd love to try reading the novels one day, but with my level of Japanese literacy I doubt I'll ever get around to it...

From your description though, it really does seem like Ms. Konno originally intended a more... sinister... impression of Touko than what must have come off in the anime. Despite the havoc she inevitably causes, Touko seems quite friendly to me in her own cocky little way. I certainly don't feel that she's acting out of any malice -- if anything, it's only her naïvety that prevents her from realizing that she's stepping on Yumi's toes.

Of course, that's just my take on things, and I've noticed a lot of people here really disliked Touko right off the bat... But hey, there's always a flipside to every coin. When this arc gets resolved, I'm sure we'll see that Touko had a good reason to be at Sachiko's side all this time.

All seriousness aside: How can you hate the drill hair?! It's gotta take her hours to get those curls done every morning...
Old 2004-09-18, 23:56   Link #10
dorirunikimarikamoyo

drill hair (・∀・)イイ!
http://www.uploda.org/file/uporg8240.jpg
Old 2004-09-27, 08:57   Link #11
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

I didn't think Touko-chan really was at fault in Rainy Blue....but, I hate her a lot anyways :/
Maybe I'll change my mind about her when I'll see the end of the show.....when I'll finally find a way to get ep 13 ^^;
Gambatte Yumi-chan !!
Old 2004-12-03, 03:44   Link #12
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Does anyone change his/her opinion after seeing the ending of marimite?
Old 2004-12-03, 04:40   Link #13
LucifersGirl

I think if anyone need to be at fault in this mess then all three of them are, that or none of them.
Everybody contributed to the whole mess Sachiko for deciding to tell Yumi a little too late, Yumi for jumping for conclusion and ran off when she finally got a chance to hear the explanation. Touko for.. mmm.. not being considerate? come to think of it, nothing. She might did/say things that contribute to the problem, but can't say she's guilty cos it isn't intentional.

Little Spoiler on Ep.13
Spoiler:
Closed Thread