Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-10, 09:25   Link #121
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

!!! Attention Fansubbers !!!

To all SEED DESTINY Fansubbers,

If you plan to add an introductory slide show for characters and mechanics in your SEED DESTINY fansubs (A-Kingdom did that in SEED) then feel free to use my high resolution scans below especially those are from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide book because they have clean background. Just give me credits for using them.

The main mechanics already have official English names but none of the characters have in any prints so be careful to name them.

Most of the scans are 1,800 pixels in height and 200kB-400kB in size.

01 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Shin Asuka
02 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Athrun Zala
03 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Shin and Force Impulse Gundam
04 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Group of Characters 1
05 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Group of Characters 2
06 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Group of Characters 3
07 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Impulse Gundam 1
08 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Impulse Gundam 2
09 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Group of Mechas 1
10 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Group of Mechas 2
11 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Group of Mechas 3
12 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Group of Mechas 4
13 Hobby Japan 2004 November - Mechas and Charas 1
14 Hobby Japan 2004 November - Mechas and Charas 2
15 Hobby Japan 2004 November - Mechas and Charas 3
16 Hobby Japan 2004 Nobember - Mechas and Charas 4

Voice Actors line-up

17 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Voice Actors 1

We have Steve Perry voices Shin.

18 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Voice Actors 2
19 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Voice Actors 3

And these are for whom that may want to compare Shin and Kira.

Kira
Shin

And for SEED DESTINY fans, you should have less hassle after viewing the scans.

runpsicat, if you have time please translate something useful for us. Thanks.

Enjoy the show!

HaRoRuleZ
HaRoRuleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 09:33   Link #122
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Okay, someone just directed me to this post, and...

O_O

Are you INSANE???

>_<

I guess I can translate them (VERY SLOWLY) if no one else wants/offers to...

I'd also like to note that the new protagonist totally looks like a girl >.>;

runpsicat
Old 2004-10-10, 09:45   Link #123
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

err... I thought the new protagonist looks totally like Kira?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 09:50   Link #124
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by runpsicat
Okay, someone just directed me to this post, and...

O_O

Are you INSANE???

>_<

I guess I can translate them (VERY SLOWLY) if no one else wants/offers to...

I'd also like to note that the new protagonist totally looks like a girl >.>;

runpsicat
Oh! You are quicker than me to finish my PM to you. I appreciate your response.

No, no, just translate the material that you think we need to know unless you really jump in. Thanks again.

By the way, is Ani-Kraze into this show?
Old 2004-10-10, 10:08   Link #125
LazyWulfran0
Laser-Equipped Penguin

Send a message via AIM to LazyWulfran0
Ooh, ooh, can I take this one?

No.

Last edited by LazyWulfran0; 2004-10-10 at 10:23.
LazyWulfran0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 10:19   Link #126
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Dreamless: Yes, that too. People who have heard me comment on Gundam SEED have heard me say Kira is girly, among other things. However, since the character designer--like most character designers in anime/manga--isn't all that skilled at making individual characters look distinct, I didn't bother referring to that the two look alike (I think most characters in Gundam SEED (D) look about the same, excepting differences in hair/eye/costume--but again this is something that can be said of many shows).

HaRoRuleZ: Oh, okay. Maybe someone can vote on which one they want me to translate first, because the jpegs are all starting to swim together for me ^^;. Then other Japanese people/speakers can perhaps chip in and translate the other ones (delegate, delegate ^^; ). As long as no one launches a 50-page thread about how the names were "Westernized" (god I became so sick of this debate too)... I refuse to take responsibility for how Japanese has limited phonetics and therefore theoretically allows names to be transliterated in various ways.

As for Anime-Kraze, no, we're not "into" this show as a group (god, how many groups are subbing this again?), though several staff members like this series a lot and will be sure to be keeping the rest of the group updated on anything Gundam SEED-related. (To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of this show myself, mainly due to Kira and the fact that it was psychologically draining to translate/fansub the previous show to all involved, but all the political dialogue was good practice, I think.)
Old 2004-10-10, 10:20   Link #127
BasTos

Send a message via MSN to BasTos
Gaia and Abyss Gundam look sweet
BasTos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 10:49   Link #128
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by runpsicat
HaRoRuleZ: Oh, okay. Maybe someone can vote on which one they want me to translate first, because the jpegs are all starting to swim together for me ^^;. Then other Japanese people/speakers can perhaps chip in and translate the other ones (delegate, delegate ^^; ). As long as no one launches a 50-page thread about how the names were "Westernized" (god I became so sick of this debate too)... I refuse to take responsibility for how Japanese has limited phonetics and therefore theoretically allows names to be transliterated in various ways.
OK guys, SEED veterans and newcomers, runpsicat dedicated her precious time in translating difficult stuff in Gundam SEED for us at AnimeSuki before. It's time for you to raise your hands.

I would vote for characters translation. The show goes on with characters not the mechas therefore it is important to know them.

Vote please!!!
Old 2004-10-10, 11:09   Link #129
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Poor Athrun - Next time you want your tom-boy girlfriend to dress up like a girl, instead pushing the offical representive stuff, say what you really feel: "Come on Cagalli, can do just look like a girl once in a while, for me? See that suspicious hot girl? If you dress up like her you will look at least half as good, and make me feel a bit better about giving up my hot Lacus to my buddy. Let find a room anyway to remind me that you are a girl.... Hay that Zaku cockpit looks good!"

cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 11:53   Link #130
Dearboy

Anyone here have the link to

THE OPENING AND ENDING theme? the full song... please post~~
Dearboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 12:35   Link #131
Raere

Since it's not liscensed...where would I find the raw?
Raere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 12:43   Link #132
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
OK guys, SEED veterans and newcomers, runpsicat dedicated her precious time in translating difficult stuff in Gundam SEED for us at AnimeSuki before. It's time for you to raise your hands.

I would vote for characters translation. The show goes on with characters not the mechas therefore it is important to know them.

Vote please!!!
Characters for sure, put the bigger emphasis on the newer ones too rather than the returning ones.

Don't think anyone's mentioned this yet about the ED, what w/ the controversy over clone Lacus (and we shall call her Rakusu ), but Rey (?) appears to be wearing the same type of uniform as Klueze wore at the end of Gundam Seed. Doesn't indicate anything other than what we're all already thinking, but think they're making this a little too blatant...

Edit: Also, think I'm right on that scene w/ Lacus behind Athrun, at least in the sense that it may be referring to the past more than the future. The gundam in the background is Justice I believe (all his damn suits look the same). It's the exact same background picture from the old Gundam Seed OPs anyways. Don't think we're going to be seeing Justice popping up anytime in the future.

Last edited by Sanjuronord; 2004-10-10 at 12:55.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 12:53   Link #133
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

hmm... at the next episode preview
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 12:56   Link #134
Blaat

Quote:

Vote please!!!
Why even bother doing this? You get to know the characters as the show moves on. Sure Gundam is known for having a large number of characters but I never really had any problems with it.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 13:29   Link #135
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
Why even bother doing this? You get to know the characters as the show moves on. Sure Gundam is known for having a large number of characters but I never really had any problems with it.
That's just you not others.
Old 2004-10-10, 13:53   Link #136
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raere
Since it's not liscensed...where would I find the raw?
You can always go to my group at l33t-raws, we just released it as of now.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 13:53   Link #137
Blaat

Quote:
That's just you not others.
True, but you never countered my other point as I said you will get to know the characters as the show progress and that's not just me.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 13:54   Link #138
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
err... I thought the new protagonist looks totally like Kira?
Dif hair color....Man, in the shade he is Him....... lol
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 15:51   Link #139
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
hmm... at the next episode preview
Spoiler:
Actually that expression of hers remind me of a surprised Lucy from Elfen Lied... Psycho.

But we didn't really see them take any drugs before... Those druggies were calm and peaceful and then turn psycho when they take the medication, but these guys just got serious all of a sudden (actually Auel looked pretty much the same throughout)

And Blaat: Gundam is also known for putting a lot of background stuff on its many characters that aren't shown in the TV series itself (Gundam Wing: Ep Zero anyone?)... So the more descriptions we have, the better, even if we'll learn some of it in the show itself.

Last edited by brightman; 2004-10-10 at 16:39.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 16:34   Link #140
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
well, it seems there are two Lacuses, one with Kira/Shin, the other with Athrun, or something...

Oh, and the guy in the intermission should be Shin I think... the one catching Pinky from Lacus I mean...
It isn't, I thought it was Shin at first too because of the hair color but it's just the lighting of the scene. It's Kira's haircut (Shin's is more uhh "wild" looking and Kira's all hangs pretty much straight down) and that drab black suit Kira's wearing in the ED so I'm pretty sure it's Kira.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
But we didn't really see them take any drugs before... Those druggies were calm and peaceful and then turn psycho when they take the medication, but these guys just got serious all of a sudden (actually Auel looked pretty much the same throughout).
True, but the drug could have been improved since then to last longer, or maybe it's regulated inside them through an implant of some sort, maybe as their adrenaline levels increase so does the drug...have to wait and see.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote