AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-12-06, 12:46   Link #1
Dark Baka
Dark Baka
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sweden, Gothenburg
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Dark Baka
Question GTO - dont you get mad at all?

I watched gto the anime version and i got pretty mad at the student and theyr behavior; u dont say that u go to your hotel rom and gonna throw out your room mates clothes at the 5th floor... that makes me just wanna..... nvm.. am i the only one thinking that they should learn some behavior or what?
Dark Baka is offline  
Old 2003-12-06, 19:15   Link #2
FinFangFoom
The Man, The Legend......
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redmond, WA
Age: 41
Yes, I've been watching GTO for the last week and im up to episode 32. I love the anime and think it is one of my non-action favorites but your right, they go waaaaay overboard with what students can get away with.

The one's that pushed it too far in my opinion were

Spoiler:


I know that it's a cartoon so you have to suspend disbelief to some extent but that pushes it way to far. It makes it impossible to like certain characters no matter how far they go to redeam themselves, the fact is the things they have done to past teachers and fellow students makes them beyond redemption. People in real life deal with similar issues or even worse but manage to avoid taking things nearly as far as some of those students making it impossible to relate. I think the anime would have been even better if it toned things down to a more realistic level. But overall I think the good things about this anime far outweigh the bad.
__________________

OFFICIAL GAYEST SIGNATURE ON ANIMESUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear
ps. hey FinFangFoom, can you change that pic of yours in the sig because when ever I read threads that have your message post in it would make people around me think I am watching gay porn, make it smaller or something
FinFangFoom is offline  
Old 2003-12-06, 19:42   Link #3
AnimeFangirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
^^ What Finfangfoom said. I haven't watched the anime, but I read some of the manga. Those rotten students ruined the whole thing for me. I was all set to start liking GTO too, but by volume 5 I just couldn't bear to even see them any more, I wanted to see them die SO badly. And so, that was the end of GTO and me. Dark Baka, I feel your pain, but if you have more patience than me, then hang in there!
__________________
AnimeFangirl is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 02:31   Link #4
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: GTO = Best anime. Ever. Thanks.
Age: 37
Uhm, if the students weren't so fricking evil, then what would be the point of even having Onizuke at all?! I think you guys are overreacting just a tad. Everyone in that story is messed up in the head though if you ask me, even the teachers (Teshigawara and Sakurada? What a couple of perverts haha Sakaurada is even worse in the manga, he hides in an old outhouse toilet and waits for girls to come go to bathroom so he can take pictures of their butts. ). The reason why the teachers don't do anything about Urumi is because she's supposed to be such a gifted student and a boon to their school. And you have to admit that though she didn't deserve getting started on fire, her teacher did a pretty rotten thing to her. Point is, everyone in the school (students AND teachers) have big problems, and Onizuka's there to straighten em out. Is it exaggerated a bit? Maybe, but it just makes it all that much better when Onizuka get's to have his way with them.
LiQuid|J is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 04:21   Link #5
Sledeau
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
*obligatory this anime/manga is licensed post*

Don't see why people don't just get the dvd's for this anime...they're a really nice deal. Most of them have five eps (earlier ones anyways, not sure about the later ones)
Sledeau is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 04:29   Link #6
Thelastguardian
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Yes sometimes(most of the times) you just wants to strangle the students. But what makes GTO so great is the methods that bastar* used to overcome those. Sort of like seeing an animal tamer taming animals one by one.

Spoiler:
Thelastguardian is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 05:02   Link #7
Eikichi
Mad Dog Sawamura
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sakuradoman High
I agree, the students are a little extreme, but thats the basis of the whole anime - without it GTO would not work. You guys gotta remember that the students that Eikichi is trying to handle is the infamous class 4... a task that has driven ALL other teachers out of town in failure, driving some (literally) mad.

You don't have to like the students, and you're not suppose to... but be amazed by their transformation that is the product of a great teacher. Onizuka more than makes up for any short falls in the other characters.
Eikichi is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 05:08   Link #8
AnimeFangirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
I didn't feel that way, I just felt like dropping a nuclear bomb on all their hands and then raking up the ashes to ask for my time and money back. I have a lot of tolerance for horribly annoying people in the real world, I don't see why I should have to put up with them in my manga as well.
__________________
AnimeFangirl is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 05:26   Link #9
Tenkoy
That is a secret.
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 37
Send a message via AIM to Tenkoy Send a message via MSN to Tenkoy Send a message via Yahoo to Tenkoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Baka
am i the only one thinking that they should learn some behavior or what?
Nah, Onizuka thinks so too. ^_^

That's what I like about GTO. He is the type who you'd think on first glance is completely unreliable. People insult him and mock him. He isn't that smart or eloquent, he has a perverse tendancy, but despite all that, he is a good guy.

The students all have bad traits, but he tries and help them overcome them. It's easy to expel students..but isn't it better to try and help them get on the right track instead.

That's what I love about the series.

The people that are called trash, the troublemakers, are the ones that he helps. It's a lesson on not giving up on people, but helping them to be better people, as well as help yourself to become a better person.

And not just the students, he also helps the teachers. When you try and help others, you make things better for everyone.

It's a lesson that if all people cared as much as Onizuka, things would be a lot better. You don't have to be smart or perfect, you just have to try.
Tenkoy is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 05:53   Link #10
Thelastguardian
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkoy
Nah, Onizuka thinks so too. ^_^

That's what I like about GTO. He is the type who you'd think on first glance is completely unreliable. People insult him and mock him. He isn't that smart or eloquent, he has a perverse tendancy, but despite all that, he is a good guy.

The students all have bad traits, but he tries and help them overcome them. It's easy to expel students..but isn't it better to try and help them get on the right track instead.

That's what I love about the series.

The people that are called trash, the troublemakers, are the ones that he helps. It's a lesson on not giving up on people, but helping them to be better people, as well as help yourself to become a better person.

And not just the students, he also helps the teachers. When you try and help others, you make things better for everyone.

It's a lesson that if all people cared as much as Onizuka, things would be a lot better. You don't have to be smart or perfect, you just have to try.
Nicely said. This is the essence of GTO. It is simply mind-blowing to see the transformation of the students.
Thelastguardian is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 06:00   Link #11
FinFangFoom
The Man, The Legend......
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redmond, WA
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid|J
Uhm, if the students weren't so fricking evil, then what would be the point of even having Onizuke at all?! I think you guys are overreacting just a tad. Everyone in that story is messed up in the head though if you ask me, even the teachers (Teshigawara and Sakurada? What a couple of perverts haha Sakaurada is even worse in the manga, he hides in an old outhouse toilet and waits for girls to come go to bathroom so he can take pictures of their butts. ). The reason why the teachers don't do anything about Urumi is because she's supposed to be such a gifted student and a boon to their school. And you have to admit that though she didn't deserve getting started on fire, her teacher did a pretty rotten thing to her. Point is, everyone in the school (students AND teachers) have big problems, and Onizuka's there to straighten em out. Is it exaggerated a bit? Maybe, but it just makes it all that much better when Onizuka get's to have his way with them.
I understand what your saying, but I guess my biggest problem (I'm now up to episode 38 now maybe I'll be proven wrong in the next 5 episodes) is with all the evil things they do, they are never really held accountable. In fact they never even appologize for anything they do either unless somehow forced (but it's still never sincere). I've known people like that in real life, never that bad, but bad. I don't know why it's so important to me, I can't point to any real issues in my own life that make me feel so strongly, but it really bothers me when people treat others like shit but later on they "mature" and change, but some how don't feel accountable for what they have already done in the past. They think it can be excused because they were going through a tough time. It does'nt matter what someone goes through, if they take it out on innocent people who have nothing to do with it, they need to take responsibility. And what those students did was completly destroy the lives of some of the teachers that came before and so far nobody has shown any signs of caring.

I guess im babbling, but what it comes down to for me is that it happens in real life all the time, and I get angry about that in real life also. And I guess the anime is written well enough that it gets me thinking about real life.

Anyways, everyone is gone so I guess it's time to finish the series! (right after I go make a new thread about something I noticed in the last episode that would be off topic here.)

Tenkoy I'll give you that. Onizuka maybe the single coolest character I have ever seen in a series. While I may be ranting a little, make no mistake, I love this series and it's all because of him.
FinFangFoom is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 08:00   Link #12
GUTB_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
What pissed me off about the anime is that it ended with a made-up Miyabi arc after the school trip. The manga went on to great arcs like the 2nd Urumi arc (she proposes to Onizuka!) and the true Miyabi arc.
GUTB_ is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 23:55   Link #13
ironmanx
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to ironmanx Send a message via MSN to ironmanx
lol sometimes it is pretty funny stuff though
ironmanx is offline  
Old 2003-12-18, 22:12   Link #14
sendoh_kenshin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
GTO anime

Is it licensed?? the GTO anime.. if not, where can i download it...
sendoh_kenshin is offline  
Old 2003-12-18, 23:01   Link #15
Tboz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Its licensed...

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,7...teacher_o.html
Tboz is offline  
Old 2003-12-21, 00:37   Link #16
DiGiTaLDrAgOn
Inactive Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I am new here and I would like to ...

Hi, I'm new here and I'd like to know if anyone here knows where I can download Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO) with english subtitles.
Also, I know hajime no ippo has been licensed but do you know where I can download it ? I am sure it's out there..

Thanks..
DiGiTaLDrAgOn is offline  
Old 2003-12-21, 00:47   Link #17
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Middle of insanity
Rule 1. Read the rules. Know them. Follow them.
Rule 2. Don't ask for Licenced Anime here.
Rule 3. Enjoy yourself here.
Rule 4. Rinse and repeat.

Side note, because you broke rule 2, this will get locked. Sorry.
Lord Raiden is offline  
Old 2004-03-06, 21:28   Link #18
13lade_87
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Gto

question

i was wondering, about the ova,

how does it end the live one?? kinda weird lol

and im currently watchin the movie

gto-live is cool tho!
funfunfun!
13lade_87 is offline  
Old 2004-03-07, 02:01   Link #19
donna8157
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I'm not understanding your question .. are you saying you've watched the ova and not sure how it ends the live action series? I thought it ended it pretty well. It explained the ending of the series and Fuyutsuki and Onizuka got engaged. ^_^
donna8157 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.