AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-13, 01:50   Link #601
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 30
According to the Japanese Wikipedia, Ayane's name is written in katakana, not kanji: アヤネ・ハザクラ.
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 15:35   Link #602
Same_Shark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hellhole, Louisiana
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
According to the Japanese Wikipedia, Ayane's name is written in katakana, not kanji: アヤネ・ハザクラ.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't her name written in kana? Isn't kana used in My-Otome to make the names seem like their names are from an English speaking country?
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 16:38   Link #603
Sakuya
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: United States
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't her name written in kana? Isn't kana used in My-Otome to make the names seem like their names are from an English speaking country?
Yeah, kana = katakana.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 19:36   Link #604
Same_Shark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hellhole, Louisiana
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Yeah, kana = katakana.
Ah, thanks. The different kana confuse me. Wasn't sure if it was katakana ot hiragana.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 22:31   Link #605
disney72
Going Bonklers
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 27
can anyone help me.. i posted this in the other thread but hehe it was not the right thread.. so here it is... i was watching my hime over and over still confused with one thing.. who is mai's MIP? if it was tate, her child should have vanished right? was it mikoto?
disney72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 01:11   Link #606
AceMan
Observer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney72 View Post
can anyone help me.. i posted this in the other thread but hehe it was not the right thread.. so here it is... i was watching my hime over and over still confused with one thing.. who is mai's MIP? if it was tate, her child should have vanished right? was it mikoto?
At first it was Takumi, but he has vanished due to Akira's defeat. Then she realised that she loves Tate and he became her MIP, but he also dissapeared (Shiho's defeat). And in the end she put all her feelings towards Mikoto

If child is defeated, the MIP "dies", but no opposite.
AceMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 04:37   Link #607
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 30
Yes, when a MIP dies, the HiME isn't permanently depowered - she will simply be unable to summon the Child unless she finds a new MIP.

(By the way, does this restriction apply to Elements?)
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 21:25   Link #608
disney72
Going Bonklers
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 27
ahhh.. ok.. thank you.. i was confused for days because of that... haha..

after i watch mai otome.. i was surprised that haruka has the power of hime and not yukino.. hehehe but its ok..
disney72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 06:01   Link #609
disney72
Going Bonklers
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 27
i got another question... who's the other girl that miyu watches over?? (mai otome)
disney72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 07:14   Link #610
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 30
Where does Miyu say she watches after another girl? I don't remember anything like that.
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 08:11   Link #611
Silvx
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Episode 24 I think it was, Miyu had a flashback "Miss, Those who inherit your blood are growing healthily" If you look closely, that girl in the flashback is Alyssa just not as a bird.
Silvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 08:45   Link #612
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 30
Miyu mentions that Arika is a descendant of "that person". It's possible that it was Alyssa, who is long dead.
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 09:41   Link #613
disney72
Going Bonklers
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 27
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...untitled-3.jpg

thats the picture of the other girl miyu is watching over.. hehehe
disney72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 10:44   Link #614
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 30
It's Alyssa.
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 16:06   Link #615
disney72
Going Bonklers
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 27
wow.. cool.. alyssa is related to arika now.. really cool
disney72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 20:52   Link #616
solarknight123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Yes, when a MIP dies, the HiME isn't permanently depowered - she will simply be unable to summon the Child unless she finds a new MIP.

(By the way, does this restriction apply to Elements?)
I thought that the hime could still summon her child, just that the child wouldn't be able to reach their full potential till their mistress found one. For example Natsuki, who could still summon duran w/o an MVP till she relized it was shizuru and mai whos memories for tate let her summon kagutsuchi.
solarknight123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 00:14   Link #617
Sakuya
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: United States
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
For example Natsuki, who could still summon duran w/o an MVP till she relized it was shizuru and mai whos memories for tate let her summon kagutsuchi.
But there was a period where Natsuki couldn't summon Duran and when she did realize it, she finally could.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 00:52   Link #618
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 30
Natsuki's original MIP was her mother. After the meeting with John Smith, when she learned that her mother was trying to sell her to Searrs, her feelings disappeared, so she was unable to summon Duran until Shizuru became her new MIP.

Mai's last MIP, as I understood it, was Mikoto.
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 02:28   Link #619
solarknight123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Natsuki's original MIP was her mother. After the meeting with John Smith, when she learned that her mother was trying to sell her to Searrs, her feelings disappeared, so she was unable to summon Duran until Shizuru became her new MIP.

Mai's last MIP, as I understood it, was Mikoto.
I don't think natsuki's MIP was her mom, otherwise if her child was killed, there would be no price to pay for her defeat and when she heard about her mom's deception, she simply lost the will to fight period, hench why she couldn't summon duran. I think that she could summon duran w/o an MVP, but it was her love for shizuru that brough out it's full power. That's just my theory.

As for Mai's last MVP i beleve it was still Tate dispite him being dead. When asked by reito/OL how she would summon kagutsuchi without an MVP she stated herself that "All the love for Yuuichi within me is enough" and has flashbacks of him befor she summoned kagutsuchi and mikoto didn't run through her mind at all when summoning her child. So in doing so Mai found some loop hole in the whole child system
solarknight123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 03:14   Link #620
AceMan
Observer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
I don't think natsuki's MIP was her mom [...]
Here some people stated that her MIP was always Shizuru, but she didn't realize it till the last moments.

Quote:
As for Mai's last MVP i beleve it was still Tate dispite him being dead. When asked by reito/OL how she would summon kagutsuchi without an MVP she stated herself that "All the love for Yuuichi within me is enough" and has flashbacks of him befor she summoned kagutsuchi
Isn't it the same as in Natsuki's mother matter? You're denying yourself
AceMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.