AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-26, 11:45   Link #1601
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by htsuji
Oops. So many spoilers. It may be too late, but...
Spoiler:
Winning by default maybe. Or maybe they also won through voting but I'm not sure. I say they have like a 50-50 chance that they will win too. After all, Tamao-chan and Nagisa have the entire Miator and some of the Lilim students as their supporters.

Quote:
Spoiler:
It was her dream for Amane to became the next Etoile. But I guess she never thought that it will actually happen.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 14:04   Link #1602
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

To tell you the truth, I was hoping that...
Spoiler for ep26:
Compared to other recent "yuri" shows, for instance Maria-sama ga Miteru or Simoun, this show wasn't much -- except for the character designs, the voice acting, and the nude scenes -- but it was certainly worth watching. It turned out to be a lot better than the early criticisms said.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 23). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino).
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 14:49   Link #1603
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Spoiler for ep26:
I guess the fans demand that Nagisa belongs to Shizuma. Besides, I don't remember Nagisa ever denying her feelings for Shizuma. It was Shizuma who was trying to suppress her own feelings toward Nagisa.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-09-26, 15:46   Link #1604
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Question I still don't get why Shion would want Spica to win the Etoile contest. Is it because of fame and glory that she wants to bring to Spica? I don't know myself but I think she just wants Spica to have some glory instead of Miatre having it all to itself.

What'd you guys think?

Question 2 Well, just asking on your tastes. In your thoughts, Who you think the most good looking/attractive girl you like? (wish there was a poll) is? not best pair BUT good looking/attractive.

For me, well...i'll do the best 3 thing, they are:
1) Chikaru
2) Shion
3) Shizuma

LOL, it seems like i picked one girl from each respective school . What a coincidence.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 16:55   Link #1605
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
Question I still don't get why Shion would want Spica to win the Etoile contest. Is it because of fame and glory that she wants to bring to Spica? I don't know myself but I think she just wants Spica to have some glory instead of Miatre having it all to itself.

What'd you guys think?

Question 2 Well, just asking on your tastes. In your thoughts, Who you think the most good looking/attractive girl you like? (wish there was a poll) is? not best pair BUT good looking/attractive.

For me, well...i'll do the best 3 thing, they are:
1) Chikaru
2) Shion
3) Shizuma

LOL, it seems like i picked one girl from each respective school . What a coincidence.
For me it would have to be
1.Shizuma (i love a women with long hair)
2.Chikaru ( you cant beat that personlity combined with her natural charm and looks any guy/girl woulod be lucky
3.Yaya: I love a women who could sing to me plus i like her sense of humor the way she carries her self and again she has pretty lengthy hair

Sunsh Posted:
Quote:
Hey... I read THAT! We may agreed to cancel the destruction of the studio, but if you said that Amane/Hikari don't suit to become Etoile, I will destroy your camps!
I launch a preemptive strike against you nothing personal. look at how they won if you can call that winning (which they admitted themselves) plus that damn horse is going to ruin Nagisa's and Shizuma's love spot.
Old 2006-09-26, 17:14   Link #1606
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
For me it would have to be
1.Shizuma (i love a women with long hair)
2.Chikaru ( you cant beat that personlity combined with her natural charm and looks any guy/girl woulod be lucky
3.Yaya: I love a women who could sing to me plus i like her sense of humor the way she carries her self and again she has pretty lengthy hair
Hm, yea i haven't even put down my reason for liking them. Well here it goes

1.Chikaru - yea her personality is awesome, always so cheerful and always about others. Example: Instead of just talking why Nagisa cried near the lake, she uses dolls to comfort her and put her on her lap. Isn't it nice to have someone who understands how you feel without you saying anything..

I personally have not watched ep.26 yet(waiting for sub ^_^), looking at the Chikaru pic where she uses her hand to do this checkmark action, is..COOL. Yea, I like female characters who are cool and cute looking. At first glance at the picture, that smile and hand check mark thing sorta made me stare at her for 1-2 minutes =P

2.Shion - well, probably i change it to Yaya (same as Sinestra) Well, Yaya can sing well and helps supports her friends when they are in need. Plus, at beginning in episode 1 she mentions "Hikari, you can't like anyone other than me"(well something like that but you get what i mean right?). I was laughing so hard lol, is nice to see someone who can express their feelings so free .

3.Shizuma - I like this character because when she has a caring personality. While in her school uniform and her Etoile Status, she seems to be an attractive female character. At first eye contact with this character, whether you are male or female, you know you can't escape from her. Let along avoid eye contact anyone because she has this lightning gaze that paralyzes you at first sight.

thats is for now : /, time for my 3 hr lectures. cyaz
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 18:44   Link #1607
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
I think that's one part of it. But I can't help to think that she also has other reason on why she's so hell bent on making Amane the next Etoile.

Quote:
What'd you guys think?

1.) Nagisa: Mmmhmm, I like her cuteness everytime I see her. Also, she has an unsual charm around her that makes me...wanna smile. She also makes those cute expressions and she has a nice voice.
2.) Chikaru: who can't love Chikaru no? She's smart, she's calm, she's always working behind the scenes, and she always so cheerful. Did I mention she looks hot on her Carmen outfit?
3.) Kaori: Yeah yeah, I like her even if she was just a person from the past. It's like the "other Nagisa" to me
4.) Shizuma: I like her demeanor and her....paralyzing stares
5.) Tamao-chan: lo and behold! love her attitude and devotion to Nagisa.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-09-26, 19:35   Link #1608
Kuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilsen
[COLOR="Magenta"]
It would be wrong to make Nagisa together with Tamao, and it would be a big wast of a good and suffering story-line. Thanks Madhouse Productions. I think alot of ppl's can throw away there bomb, AND remeber, if Madhouse explode its only Kuro's work =) <3 (joke)
You can bet your ass off that if Madhouse did explode, it was my doing!! *shakes fist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Spoiler for ep26:
That'd be nice. It was a particularly perplexing scene. It's obvious that the scene took place shortly after the Etoile election ended, as Nagisa is still in her red dress. I dunno. They never did really fill us in on the Shizuma graduation thing.. Perhaps Madhouse will follow in Clamps footsteps w/Card Captor Sakura and make a movie to give the series a *real* ending. That's how CCS ended... w/Sakura realizing her feelings.
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 20:00   Link #1609
guess

If this series gets licensed, are you going to buy the dvd?

I am considering buying R2, only because there is no R1 available. But I really don't like to watch something I don't understand. It is possible that SP could get licensed in the future. After all, Kannazuki no Miko got licensed, didn't it? But again, it is possible that it would never get licensed. Maria-sama never did, right?

To answer Shikimori Kazuki's question. I choose Shizuma. I like her confidence, being playful somtimes, and beauty.
Old 2006-09-26, 20:07   Link #1610
Kuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest

I am considering buying R2, only because there is no R1 available. But I really don't like to watch something I don't understand. It is possible that SP could get licensed in the future. After all, Kannazuki no Miko got licensed, didn't it? But again, it is possible that it would never get licensed. Maria-sama never did, right?
Depends on the boxart. I'm willing to pay 20-30 dollars a pop for 6 DVDs or so, just for the boxart.

Why else would I have bought Kannazuki no Miko, even after I've already seen it? =D
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 20:14   Link #1611
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest

Licensed or not we had our fill Did anybody get full or wanting for more?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-09-26, 20:32   Link #1612
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
NeoSam,

Thanks for the link. But...

Spoiler for tag for most who wouldn't be interested in the discussion about the target of light novels including Strawberry Panic:

Last edited by warainagara; 2006-09-26 at 20:54.
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 21:37   Link #1613
toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Licensed or not we had our fill Did anybody get full or wanting for more?
I definately wants somemore, I can't get enough. I'm waiting for this series to be licensed so that I could have my collections. I wonde when, could I bought 1st DVD boxset from amazon.jp and it does not comes with subtitle So waiting for licensed version would be better.
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 00:24   Link #1614
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
I feel bad for Tamao-chan.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 01:18   Link #1615
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by warainagara
NeoSam,

Thanks for the link. But...

Spoiler for tag for most who wouldn't be interested in the discussion about the target of light novels including Strawberry Panic:
If this doesn't prove that its a magazine for young men, then I don't think I can provide you with anything that can prove that.

The magazine was announced as a magazine for young men when the magazine was announced from the publisher.

Magazines for young men, are magazines for boys what is this ?

MEN'S NON・NO is a magazine for boys

Dragon Magazine, want to believe it or not, is a magazine for young men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warainagara
Yes I know about the labels being labels for boys, thats nothing new to me.

While the magazines The Sneaker and Dragon Magazine are magazines for young men, light novels from these magazines are published under labels (Sneaker Bunko, Fujimi Fantasia Bunko, Fujimi Mystery Bunko) that are for boys, why? because thats how it is. while the magazines are for young men, the labels are for boys.

And please do not use the wiki to inform me about stuff that I already know about.

The japanese wiki is also not a good place to get info from. Give me reliable info from reliable sources.

Dengeki G's Magazine main target audience is seinen, unless something gone really wrong.

Edit:

While there was a time that I thought that the labels: Sneaker Bunko, Fujimi Fantasia Bunko, Fujimi Mystery Bunko are for young men, a japanese friend of mine informed me that its not like that. while the magazines are for young men, but the labels are for boys. from what I understood from him, its some type of tactic to broaden the audience, the magazines are for young men, but the labels that light novels from these magazines are published under are for boys.

Anyway, I don't really care if you want to call it for boys or for young men, these labels and magazines are targeted at male audience, call them for boys or for young men, I don't care that much, unless you are going to call them shoujo or josei, which of course these labels/magazines aren't.

And I'm not joking here, its not because I'm a young man, thats why I want these labels to be for young men, its just the classification of these magazines (The Sneaker, Dragon Magazine) to be for young men, that led me to the wrong concept that the labels are also for young men, but I was informed otherwise by a friend a few weeks ago.

Anyway, you want to call them shounen or seinen or whatever, but I'll call them male oriented magazines and male oriented light novel labels :P

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-09-27 at 03:46.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 02:28   Link #1616
nilsen
What's happiness...?

Location: Norway, thats why Im bad in English, but I try my best
Send a message via MSN to nilsen

Im sorry, but I cant say that Im sorry for Tamao-chan, and I think see understand Nagisa's feelings after all, and if she realy care about her, she can understand that well.

I know some ppl's want Tamao to be together with Nagisa, and wanted her to refuse. But 97% of all Strawberry Panic veiwers have from the verry first episode want to see Nagisa in Shizumas hands, soo it would be wrong to focus that much on Nagisa and Shizuma, and just do an Offtopic end with Tamao.
----
1) Shizuma (Long hair, cute, pretty, alot of char dev- sad background)
2) Chikaru (Imposible to expain, she just cuuute)
3) YAYA (The way she is singing and how she cares about Hikari is just soo cute)

Last edited by nilsen; 2006-09-27 at 06:14.
nilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 05:20   Link #1617
ati

For me, it should be

1) Sure Chikaru, she is charming character forever, cute and smart and optimistic person I never think she'll angst.that's why I like her.

2) Shizuma, I like her long silver hair, her beauty and her character coz she can do anything she want to, strong and weak in the same time. She's stupid and bad but I think she's smart and cool too and her confidence, I didn't think that she would declare her love to Nagisa in that place, what a bold.

3) I can't choose between Nagisa, Yaya and Miyuki , I like Nagisa coz her kindness and cute, she always care people around her but I love Yaya's song and Miyuki's character too.
ati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 05:27   Link #1618
htsuji

Quote:
But 97% of all Strawberry Panic veiwers have from the verry first episode want to see Nagisa in Shizumas hands, soo it would be wrong to focus that much on Nagisa and Shizuma, and just do an Offtopic end with Tamao.
No. no. I wonder what does your "ALL Strawberry Panic veiwers" means. I think you should be more careful if you don't want to start a useless flame.
htsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 05:39   Link #1619
nilsen
What's happiness...?

Location: Norway, thats why Im bad in English, but I try my best
Send a message via MSN to nilsen
Quote:
No. no. I wonder what does your "ALL Strawberry Panic veiwers" means. I think you should be more careful if you don't want to start a useless flame.
Did not understand, =) expain, sorry if I sayed something wrong, just say that I tought and meant.
It was just a theory.

Last edited by nilsen; 2006-09-27 at 06:09.
nilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 06:10   Link #1620
ati

Quote:
Did not understand, =) expain, sorry if I writed something wrong, just say that I tought and meant.
It was just a theory.
Actually I think many about 70% I'm not sure but it's true that they want Tamao/Nagisa ending more than Shizuma/Nagisa ending like about 70% want Yaya/Hikari more than Amane/Hikari.
But it's ture that the story focus on Shizuma and Nagisa from the start and I just watch it because it suppose to be Shizuma/Nagisa ending.
ati is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri