AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-09, 15:56   Link #1841
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
imo i like chizuru the black haired girl from le rim.. Those red flowers are just too kawaii... She's got a great personality too.. Too bad she didn't get to play a bigger role.
Chizuru? You mean Chikaru yes? She's one of the most popular character in Strawberry Panic. And yes, everybody loves her
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 16:08   Link #1842
Bonta Kun
Dancing the Panzer Waltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Chizuru? You mean Chikaru yes? She's one of the most popular character in Strawberry Panic. And yes, everybody loves her
I will 2nd that, she's my fav character from the show. Especially in the beach ep
Old 2007-07-09, 18:55   Link #1843
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Wow! So Media Blasters will get Strawberry Panic? Which means SP will finally be in here in U.S! Yaaay! I'll be waiting for this one...definitely!
I really don't like Media Blaster, their DVDs are usually more expensive then any other company and it takes forever for the price to drop on thier stuff.

At least Funimation despite thier expensive Limited Ed are really limited.
Old 2007-07-10, 07:11   Link #1844
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I really don't like Media Blaster, their DVDs are usually more expensive then any other company and it takes forever for the price to drop on thier stuff.
Of course, if it's going to be sub-only, expect the retail price to be $19.99.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 11:47   Link #1845
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

At least Funimation despite thier expensive Limited Ed are really limited.
I don't find much DVDs out there for Media Blasters. Usually I find Geneon, ADV, Bandai, or Funimation most of the time. It's too bad that Strawberry Panic wasn't licensed by any of them. Oh I hope they just don't release a sub-only DVD. As much as people hate dubs, I really wanna see SP characters having an english dub voice no?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 05:37   Link #1846
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

I'd like to see this happen. Could be a tough road if they're gonna try to keep all the lesbianism intact, because they could come under fire by high profile homophobes, like Jack Thompson.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 15:29   Link #1847
Devious

hm well I don't think the could hide all the lesbian stuff I mean there's a lot and it's obvious just ugh.. I wish there would be a second season... well I know it won't happen...
Devious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 16:18   Link #1848
Dandruff
Flakey

I'm wondering why a few individuals are even assuming that MB is going to waterdown the lesbianism in StoPanic
Dandruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 10:00   Link #1849
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Why is it that Strawberry Panic don't have a 2nd season?
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 10:06   Link #1850
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Because it followed the novels and ended with the novels...?
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 13:52   Link #1851
Sarah89

Send a message via MSN to Sarah89
There's basically no way you can either tone down or overlook the yuri, since that's pretty much all StoPani is (besides the general moe cutesiness). So any attempt to appease the likes of Jack Thompson is already pretty pointless.

It's interesting that more yuri (and yaoi for that matter) is getting licensed these days. It was pretty much unheard of a while ago, but with SP, Kannazuki no Miko, Kashimashi et al all being released in the West, the times are clearly changing. Gone are the days of trying (badly) to pass off lovers as cousins, as with Sailormoon.... ^^;
Sarah89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 15:03   Link #1852
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Well, speaking about the whole world frankly, they said 10% of the population in this world are homo's or bi's..

Not saying only them will like the anime (even straight people, of course), but not much tap their market in anime THAT much, so they'll really like it.. n_n
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 10:02   Link #1853
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

found this on yourtube yesterday:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UC_2Wf2qb...elated&search=

a music video someone made for Chikaru-sama for 2006 saimoe.
Old 2007-08-13, 10:44   Link #1854
Liingo
Love Hina?

Well I just finished watching it all yesterday. Sorry if any of the things below have already been discussed. I haven't had the time to read through the thread yet.

It wasn't too bad, although not good enough to be part of my top ten anime list (once I get around to making one).

It would have been better IMO if they had focused more on Nagisa/Shizuma, giving us a better insight of the two sides of their relationship, instead of going off with the Hikari/Amane pairing. Although it was good to watch, things between Nagisa and Shizuma could have been handled/shown better if that screentime devoted to Hikari/Amane was decreased.

The plots between Kaname and Momomi to separate Hikari and Amane were low points of the show in my view, especially since we're never really given a proper explanation for why they're doing what they're doing, making it seem quite weird.

Still it was a entertaining show to watch and I don't want my time back so all's good.

Now to dig through the thread...

@Xellos
Ohh nice amv there Really well done how they've put it together.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 09:48   Link #1855
jrkira

Quote:
I believe that the slow version of the 1st OP song: "Shoujo Meiro de Tsukamaete" by Aki Misato.
Does anyone have this song? i've been searching like crazy for it.. i really like it alot.. gona buy it but duno where exactly to get it from. which album is it from? just any clue of how to get it please...
jrkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 10:28   Link #1856
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Well I just finished watching it all yesterday. Sorry if any of the things below have already been discussed. I haven't had the time to read through the thread yet.

It wasn't too bad, although not good enough to be part of my top ten anime list (once I get around to making one).

It would have been better IMO if they had focused more on Nagisa/Shizuma, giving us a better insight of the two sides of their relationship, instead of going off with the Hikari/Amane pairing. Although it was good to watch, things between Nagisa and Shizuma could have been handled/shown better if that screentime devoted to Hikari/Amane was decreased.

The plots between Kaname and Momomi to separate Hikari and Amane were low points of the show in my view, especially since we're never really given a proper explanation for why they're doing what they're doing, making it seem quite weird.

Still it was a entertaining show to watch and I don't want my time back so all's good.

Now to dig through the thread...

@Xellos
Ohh nice amv there Really well done how they've put it together.
Well they were the anime's bad guys, at least we got lesbian sex out of them although I find it as more of a "shock" technique. And yes, Chikaru got guys rallying behind her banner.

Also, does anyone have the CGs of the PS2 game? Or no one has the game?

Last edited by asaqe; 2007-08-15 at 19:18.
asaqe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 08:56   Link #1857
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Because it followed the novels and ended with the novels...?
Actually, no they didn follow the novels nor did they follow the manga. They did use elements of both, but mostly they pulle dthe story out of the a*se. It wasn't bad, dont get me wrong, i liked the series. However the manga and Novels are waaaaaaay better and waaaaaay raunchier. Especially Shimizu's posesion fication.

I can understand why they didnt follow it though, if they had it probably would never have been licensed given its content. Shame though, Shimizu nekkid is delicis
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 10:48   Link #1858
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Really? I mean SP! Anime had Amane and Hikari going at it, Kaname and Momomi going at it and finally Shizuma and Kaori going at it. But how was SP! Manga more raunchier? Got visual proof?
Old 2007-08-16, 11:16   Link #1859
zordon

Send a message via MSN to zordon
Hey darlings, the slow version of the 1st opening is on youtube is called Mellow Berry Ballad .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq9ieRDP5BM

about the manga it has more kissing,groping but nothing very explicit, the story goes faster and the etoile election is longer that's what i know.
zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 11:22   Link #1860
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordon View Post
Hey darlings, the slow version of the 1st opening is on youtube is called Mellow Berry Ballad .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq9ieRDP5BM

about the manga it has more kissing,groping but nothing very explicit, the story goes faster and the etoile election is longer that's what i know.
that is all

no boxcutters
no s&m
no Chikane channeling

too bad

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri