AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Apocrypha - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 4 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 8.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 8.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-07-17, 10:17   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv160
*Graphic Designer

Fate/Apocrypha - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/Apocrypha, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 10:58   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Okay, I have a couple questions (sorry if the answers to them involve spoilers):
  1. What did Astolfo's master actually do to him? Was she just licking him all over the place? Some BJs? BDSM routine? Ecchi mana-transfer? or did she just do the deed by raping him?
  2. How was Chiron killed in Nasuverse? Was it due to Hercules accidentally shot him with the poisoned arrow, or do we go with the one where Chiron's hand was clumsy and he dropped the arrow on his own leg while holding/examining it?
I also have a one major gripe too in this episode:
  • I don't know how this will develop in the future but there's an obvious hint this episode that Frankie will involve in some kind of romance with her master. That alone makes the purpose of genderbending Frankie clear to me, and I can't say that I like it. I'll be happy to be proven wrong on that subject. Also, one of the important points that drives Frankenstein's monster story is that he was big and looks utterly hideous. With those important traits being replaced by a cute girl with fair skin and a weird head-ornament, you practically removed 50-60% of the conflicts in Frankenstein's story. And so I wonder how could this pretty-Frankie's life ended just as tragic as the big and hideous Frankie?

Other than that, this episode is solid. Karna's battle looks as impressive as the action in Naruto movie or the above-average episodes of One Punch Man, so I give them props for that. And as usual, the chemistry between Go Lion & Mordred never fail to amuse me . The plot involving the rebelling homunculus is interesting and I'd like to see how it will develop. Ruler/Jeanne's character so far is merely existing and didn't really excite me, but it's not a negative as I feel her interaction & referee-ish status interesting. Guess I'll see what she'll bring to this story.
Old 2017-07-17, 11:03   Link #3
Ultragunner

I just read the story on Karna and oh boy, he is indeed a "Lancer" because of
Spoiler for Mahābhārata:

also, about the "hero" that Karna mentioned, is it
Spoiler for :
Old 2017-07-17, 11:08   Link #4
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I just read the story on Karna and oh boy, he is indeed a "Lancer" because of

also, about the "hero" that Karna mentioned, is it
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for also in FGO:
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 11:12   Link #5
Ultragunner

^ oh thanks
Well, it's not very surprising considering the lores regarding those two
Old 2017-07-17, 11:25   Link #6
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

As a Javanese who was growing up with Mahabharata & Ramayana stories (I've even watched the Indian-made Mahabharata TV show), I gotta say that I've never really seen Karna in this light. In the actual story he has a bit more of a.....personality. But that's okay for now. We'll see him again and his development, I guess.
Old 2017-07-17, 11:29   Link #7
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Okay, I have a couple questions (sorry if the answers to them involve spoilers):
  1. What did Astolfo's master actually do to him? Was she just licking him all over the place? Some BJs? BDSM routine? Ecchi mana-transfer? or did she just do the deed by raping him?
  2. How was Chiron killed in Nasuverse? Was it due to Hercules accidentally shot him with the poisoned arrow, or do we go with the one where Chiron's hand was clumsy and he dropped the arrow on his own leg while holding/examining it?
Just licking. She doesn't want to go far and be brutal to him yet because he's a Servant to be used in battle. It's fairly obvious from the place, the cuffs on Astolfo and her looks that she's the crazy type that tortures people. But when the war is over though...

Former. Chiron gave up his immortality because the poison was too much for him. He wants it back like he said because it's the only thing connecting him to his parents.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 11:57   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Just licking. She doesn't want to go far and be brutal to him yet because he's a Servant to be used in battle. It's fairly obvious from the place, the cuffs on Astolfo and her looks that she's the crazy type that tortures people. But when the war is over though...

Former. Chiron gave up his immortality because the poison was too much for him. He wants it back like he said because it's the only thing connecting him to his parents.
Much appreciated. So far, Chiron's personality has been the most faithful to the actual legends imo.
Old 2017-07-17, 12:30   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I agree Frankenstein's story doesn't really work when the monster is a beautiful woman with no apparent flaw, but it's not like we know her full backstory. It's still too early to judge.

Karna and Siegfried's fight wasn't too interesting to watch but it did its job since it conveyed how immensely strong they both are. Even Jeanne was impressed. Didn't Siegfried's master tell his servant not to reveal his identity to anybody last week? The first thing he does is tell it to his opponent on his first fight, completely giving away his weak point to the opposing side. Honor, I know, but it was still dumb on his part.
Old 2017-07-17, 12:39   Link #10
Tenzen12

Irc whole Frankenstein deal was that he wanted create perfect being both outside and inside. So when Fran awakened and he saw she is retarded he threw her away. It wasn't about appearance but intellect.

Anyway this is Apocrypha as I remember. Boring with exception of Modred and Kairi parts (that's actually enough to make whole show worth watching though). Well, I am starting warm up to Berserker of Red (his name wasn't revealed yet, right?) as well.

Also they could seriously make better OP and ED, they just don't work. At least as far as I am concerned that is.
Old 2017-07-17, 12:46   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Irc whole Frankenstein deal was that he wanted create perfect being both outside and inside. So when Fran awakened and he saw she is retarded he threw her away. It wasn't about appearance but intellect.

Anyway this is Apocrypha as I remember. Boring with exception of Modred and Kairi parts (that's actually enough to make whole show worth watching though). Well, I am starting warm up to Berserker of Red (his name wasn't revealed yet, right?) as well.

Also they could seriously make better OP and ED, they just don't work. At least as far as I am concerned that is.
I assumed Fran's lack of intellect was due to her status as Berserker. And she actually seems smarter than most of the Berserkers I know of, since she can at least talk a bit.

Berserker of Red's identity was revealed last week, it's Spartacus. There hasn't been much mystery if any regarding the identities of the servants so far, their names get revealed pretty much as soon as they're introduced to the viewer.
Old 2017-07-17, 13:05   Link #12
Tenzen12

Well, considering how crappy her stats are, her ME should be pretty low. Or I remember it wrong, but hey, if professor didn't like how she look, why would he bother reanimate her in first place?

Oh great to hear it was revealed calling him by full tittle is mouthful. Anyway Spartacus didn't impressed me in novel, I am quite fond of him here.
Old 2017-07-17, 13:56   Link #13
DemonneoPT

Having Frankenstein as a cute moe pretty girl is such a waste. It's almost as bad as loli Jack the Ripper. But whatever, at least we don't have high ammounts of kids as masters like what happened in Fate/UBW.
So far, Fate/Zero still have the best combinations of characters! One of the main reasons why it's my favorite.

The fight scene was cool but extremelly short! Mordred and her master are still the best part of the show. I also liked the homunculus sub plot so far!

Last edited by DemonneoPT; 2017-07-17 at 18:14.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 14:28   Link #14
drawr

Chiron, Astolfo and cute Berserker are a charming bunch so far. So are their masters(except Astolfo's...yikes). I see next episode we'll be properly introduced to the rest of the servants on the red side.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 15:39   Link #15
AntonKutovoi

Er... I don't remember Siegfried casually naming himself during his battle with Karna.
AntonKutovoi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 16:00   Link #16
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I agree Frankenstein's story doesn't really work when the monster is a beautiful woman with no apparent flaw, but it's not like we know her full backstory. It's still too early to judge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post

Victor sought to recreate the original couple described in the bible -- Adam and Eve. Due to the limitations of man, he first built Eve, intending for her to give birth to the counterpart. What started as a patchwork of lifeless flesh was given life by the energy harnessed from lightning. Unfortunately, what awoke was not the ideal woman that Victor envisioned, but an abomination with the mind of an infant. Having no developed capacity for expression, her sense of morality was completely absent. After presenting the entrails of a slain dog as a gift for the master, she was branded a failure and disassembled, before being abandoned completely

Bad first impression, basically

Yeah, again, everytime that I see to Fran, I become more convinced, the Dr. Frankenstein was gay

Seriously, the man just did it wonderful with no magic. What was his freaking problem?

A bit of time invested in education don't hurt
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 16:47   Link #17
ReddyRedWolf

Poor Jean she is suffering as her luggage and stuff got wrecked. Unlike the other servants she needs those as she is sharing the body with a young girl.

I'm assuming the "blueprints" was used as a catalyst. Are we sure this is Frankenstein's Monster not the Bride of Frankenstein? The Bride of Frankenstein is the 1935 Universal Pictures sequel to the 1931 film Frankenstein where Dr. Frankenstein creates a female monster as he was coerced by his mentor and his Monster.

As for Astolfo's new friend I can somewhat relate to the terror of not being able to move while you are conscious. Yeah he doesn't want to die like that. Chiron leaves himto think what to do with his short life.

Sisigo and Mordred pair is entertaining as ever. But being a "girl" Mordred doesn't appreciate their home base is a graveyard. Plus she is bored but won't go out on her own as she wants Sisigo to be there. Sisigo poses a rhetorical question whether Mordred is a baby as she throws tantrums. Actually yes she is. I guess he doesn't know Mordred was a Homunculus grown at a fast rate by Morgan and had a short lifespan.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 16:53   Link #18
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Going to spoiler tag this juuuuuuuuuust in case, but I don't think skipped scenes are really spoilers:

Spoiler:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 17:22   Link #19
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Poor Jean she is suffering as her luggage and stuff got wrecked. Unlike the other servants she needs those as she is sharing the body with a young girl.
When was this established?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 17:31   Link #20
Tenzen12

In scene she was introduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post

Victor sought to recreate the original couple described in the bible -- Adam and Eve. Due to the limitations of man, he first built Eve, intending for her to give birth to the counterpart. What started as a patchwork of lifeless flesh was given life by the energy harnessed from lightning. Unfortunately, what awoke was not the ideal woman that Victor envisioned, but an abomination with the mind of an infant. Having no developed capacity for expression, her sense of morality was completely absent. After presenting the entrails of a slain dog as a gift for the master, she was branded a failure and disassembled, before being abandoned completely

Bad first impression, basically

Yeah, again, everytime that I see to Fran, I become more convinced, the Dr. Frankenstein was gay

Seriously, the man just did it wonderful with no magic. What was his freaking problem?

A bit of time invested in education don't hurt
His problem was she was stupid, couldn't properly show emotion and lacked sense of morality. Basically she lacked specs she was projected for, so scrapping her make sense.