AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-16, 23:00   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Speculation for identities of Servants and their Masters

A section devoted to people's speculations for the true identities of Servants and their Masters.

If you have played the game and already know who they are, please do not blatantly blurt out posts along the lines of "You are all wrong. I've played the game and XXX is OOO." Such posts as those will lead to deletion at my discretion.

But, that does not restrict game players to post identities what they thought they were at the time before they played the game. Try to remember that you too were once among the rest.

Also, remember the golden rule: spoiler tags are your friends

Spoiler tag examples
[spoiler]Text to be hidden[/spoiler] becomes
Spoiler:

addition:
I will update this post with the identities of the servants and their masters once they are revealed (hidden in spoiler tags) per the episode progression in the anime.

Spoiler for Servant class (Master's name) = Servant's identity (revealed as of Ep. 19)::

Edit 2006/2/27:
I have decided to start revealing the identities of the servants and their masters as they are revealed per each episode progression, hidden in spoiler tags.

By the way, I HAVE PLAYED THE GAME. So for those who have the urge to correct me for a certain servant class and his/her master, there is a reason for why it is written that way, as I am revealing it by means of the current anime progression.

Edit 2006/4/8:
I did write who Archer's true identity BUT I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO DISCUSS AND SPECULATE WHO ARCHER'S IDENTITY IS BY LOOKING AT THE HINTS IN THIS EPISODE BEFORE YOU DO as it will reduce the fun, intrigue, and the mystery behind the awesome-ness of Archer.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-15 at 12:29.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 23:26   Link #2
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
It would be very interesting to know what people's (obviously for those who haven't played the game) guess for each of the servants know at this point:

The servant classes once again are:

Archer
Lancer
Saber
Rider
Caster
Assassin
Berserker
Aye, I already know Saber's identity.. ;; The rest.. I can't make even educated guesses, save those from Chinese culture. I do think that for the assassin category, the best assassins shouldn't even be in recorded history.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 23:37   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Aye, I already know Saber's identity.. ;; The rest.. I can't make even educated guesses, save those from Chinese culture. I do think that for the assassin category, the best assassins shouldn't even be in recorded history.
The best assassins have to be known at least by the identity of someone that they killed or else they haven't done anything worth being called legendary. For instance, the killer of JFK is a worthy legendary assassin, even though we don't know his name. Even though we do not know his identity, he and any other possibility must definitely be in recorded history or legend.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 02:03   Link #4
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
The best assassins have to be known at least by the identity of someone that they killed or else they haven't done anything worth being called legendary. For instance, the killer of JFK is a worthy legendary assassin, even though we don't know his name. Even though we do not know his identity, he and any other possibility must definitely be in recorded history or legend.
You actually make a very standing point for Nasu's world on servants. In many ways it is stressed in FHA that you don't need a "name" per-say if none exists to become one - a legacy alone is susceptible.

For example, the Unknown Rebel who defiantly stopped several tanks in the Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 can be heralded as a major hero and the image known throughout the world - even though no one knows who that person's name is. Of course, what kind of servant he would be if were to be one, I wouldn't know.

Furthermore, while the thought of it is highly deplorable, Adolf Hitler is known throughout the world in infamy by many and with praise to some as well - a legacy that is for the better or for the worse. Of course with no real battlefield command, the most likely Nazi that may have a shot of becoming a servant might be Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Rommel for that matter...

ugh, my rant is starting to go nowhere...must put a stop.
Old 2006-01-17, 11:56   Link #5
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
It would be very interesting to know what people's (obviously for those who haven't played the game) guess for each of the servants know at this point:

The servant classes once again are:
Archer - Li Guang, a warrior form the Spring and Autumn Warring State Period (Most likely not him thought) legend said he was peerless with a bow and can shoot a arrow through a tiny red circle drawn on the leaf of a willow tree.
Lancer - lu bu
Saber - Sir Galahad
Rider - too easy
Caster - Merlin
Assassin - no idea
Berserker - Eric the Red

Edit: added a possible name for archer

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2006-01-17 at 12:12.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 12:02   Link #6
Paracelsus

Archer: Legolas

actually I'm not too much into legends, so he's the only one that comes in my mind that is peerless with the bow and also a strong double-wielder swordsman (but prolly all the elves have his same skillz)
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 12:24   Link #7
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

haha Legolas well archer doesnt have pointy ears or long blond hair...

Hmmm although for some reason when lancer was taunting archer saying he doesnt look like the type for fight one on one, it seems to me like lancer was saying a pretty boy like him doesnt seem like hes used to fighting So he might be a pretty boy like Legolas
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 12:47   Link #8
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Rider - too easy
"too easy" is not a name. Please be more specific, even thought it may seem "too easy."

By the way, this topic is rather a good one for it's own thread should F/sn have it's own section. Better keep that in my mental note to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus
Archer: Legolas

actually I'm not too much into legends, so he's the only one that comes in my mind that is peerless with the bow and also a strong double-wielder swordsman (but prolly all the elves have his same skillz)
Really? I would've thought most English speakers would've thought of someone like Robin Hood as a prime descriptive of an "archer." Either that, or people nowadays take "Lord of the Rings" more seriously through the immense success of the Hollywood movie.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-01-17 at 13:04.
Old 2006-01-17, 15:48   Link #9
providence
!!!

I know who Archer is.....

LEGOLAS
providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 16:07   Link #10
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by providence

LEGOLAS
Someones been reading too much Lord of The Rings.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 16:23   Link #11
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!reStr!fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by providence

LEGOLAS
Someones been reading too much Lord of The Rings.
And not enough of this thread since it was already suggested just a few posts ago
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 16:39   Link #12
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Really? I would've thought most English speakers would've thought of someone like Robin Hood as a prime descriptive of an "archer." Either that, or people nowadays take "Lord of the Rings" more seriously through the immense success of the Hollywood movie.
I think that Archer is William Tell

Still it is disputed if Tell's status as true hero is authentic or not.

Everyone else just take for granted the overwhelming, pop culture franchises from Hollywood.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 17:21   Link #13
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I think that Archer is William Tell

Still it is disputed if Tell's status as true hero is authentic or not.

Everyone else just take for granted the overwhelming, pop culture franchises from Hollywood.
Why William Tell? He isn't supposed to have any skill with swords, let alone dual sword use.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 17:27   Link #14
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Why William Tell? He isn't supposed to have any skill with swords, let alone dual sword use.
Well, Legolas from LOTR doesn't displays very much sword action except for his skillmaship in the use of bow either, isn't it?

Besides, "archer" refers to someone that excels in the craftsmanship of the use of bows, as also can be applied to use of crossbows.
Old 2006-01-17, 17:58   Link #15
Mr. Guy

New theory: Lancer is Dracula. Eh? Eh? EH!?

Why you ask? Well I say it's quite obvious! Take a look at his teeth when he's talking to Archer right before their fight. They are in fact pointy little buggers! What else would someone do with pointy canines besides sucking the blood out of innocent mortals!? Gas accidents they say... I say Lancer got hungry and drained them of their mana. Notice how we saw him at night as well! AFRAID OF A LITTLE LIGHT LANCER!? His eyes too. What kind of human has red eyes?

Now now, you say appearance isn't everything? Well, look at his weapon. A lance. Yes that's right. Lancer uses a lance. What do you do with a lance? You impale it into helpless victims. What was Dracula's other name? Vlad the IMPALER.

It all makes sense.

Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 18:07   Link #16
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

If you go through that theory then I must logically conjecture that Lancer could be Vlad Tepes, the real life human character from which Dracula's legend is based off.

Quite interesting perception about Tepes's character is while the rest of the world associates both his image and legend with the insurmountable atrocities he committed against his enemies throughout his lifetime, in both present-day Romania and Moldova is perceived as a folk hero.
Old 2006-01-17, 20:21   Link #17
ordnance11

Hmmm...looking at Saber..I keep thinking that she's noble...I keep thinking that shes's Joan of Arc, but if that's not the case, she could be a Knight of the Round Table, if any of Knights are female. But there is no way she can be Arthur!

Archer...William Tell or Robin Hood

Caster...Medea or Morganna Le Fey

Berserker...a homicidal strongman? The only one I can think of the top of my head would be Hercules when he killed his family in a fit of rage sent by Hera..nah.
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 20:39   Link #18
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm quite convinced that Saber is either Arthur or Gallahad from the Ancient Britain folk legend.
Old 2006-01-17, 20:52   Link #19
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11
Caster...Medea or Morganna Le Fey
Caster can also be Merlin, as there are legends that Merlin used be a woman.
Old 2006-01-17, 22:12   Link #20
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

While Servants are heroic figures in history/legends/myths, it's important to note that those legends were written by people and altered throughout history, thus the Servant's true identity could be radically different than what is commonly known in legend.