AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-11-13, 12:18   Link #121
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
machine that develops human feelings is so overdone in anime/JRPG its almost standard, i think the dog with special powers is probably more "fresh" in terms of materials, off the top of my head the only other anime i could think of with thatis Cowboy Bebop.
There was a subtle twist to Aegis though. She's not AI per se -- she's an artificial personality with a Persona. Ikutsuki explained that they decided to give this personality a humanoid body rather than, say, a tank, because they wanted it to think like a human. An artificial mind inhabiting an object would have had great difficulty maintaining a "human" personality -- or so they thought.

By the way, has anyone done any research on the occult aspects of the game? I've done a little pottering around, and was amazed by what little I've found so far. Let me just say that Persona 3 bears more superficial resemblance to Neon Genesis Evangelion than I had realised.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 07:55   Link #122
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I'm suffering from Persona withdrawal. Guess what I found?

Spoiler for Fuuka's Awakening:

Courtesy of the following website:
http://sunamati.afz.jp/kobenidou/com...ona/index.html

If only translations were available for the later chapters...
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 00:45   Link #123
KKensei
Lost Member

So...after read several posts...I'm seeing that people are finishing the game at 80-191 hours?.... Is that going through the game twice or what..o.O?...
KKensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 04:49   Link #124
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKensei View Post
So...after read several posts...I'm seeing that people are finishing the game at 80-191 hours?.... Is that going through the game twice or what..o.O?...
The average time for finishing this game is around 80 hours i think. For me it was 88 hours because i fell asleep in the summer break part and i wasted a lot time fusing the personas i wanted. Basically, i finished the game within 2 weeks.
Old 2007-11-16, 15:12   Link #125
RX79GMCustom
Grumpy Bear

i'm 135 hours in and i'am only at nov 8. most people are racking up hours dungeon crawiling or persona fusing. i mean it took me a good 30 mins. to get megidola, die for me and resist light on thanatos
RX79GMCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 22:20   Link #126
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

i finished the game at 110+ hrs, Messiah with die for me, resist dark and Fetilized, Thanatos with nearly all godly physical skills, Loki with all 4-dyne spells, Succubus with all 4 Ma-Dyne spells, all but 4 highest-tier personas. MC has Full Messiah gear (useful ones), Aegis has full Messiah gear, Monads depth gloves and knife, and Monads depth dodge boots.

Take out Loki, Succubus, Alice, Thanatos, and Messiah screening time, i would've finished the game around...90hrs?
Old 2007-11-17, 09:15   Link #127
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

I have some question here about the ending

Spoiler for ending:
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 11:49   Link #128
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
I have some question here about the ending

Spoiler for ending:
Well, since you asked...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-18, 08:27   Link #129
MeganeShounen
Huh?

@Leon_Lelouch

Spoiler:

And Aigis could probably remember, since she's a robot and her memories aren't stored the same way as normal people would... maybe.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 08:31   Link #130
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Well... I know that Aigis still can remember.... even in the bad ending she still remembered it too....

Spoiler for Persona 3FES:
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 09:23   Link #131
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Well... I know that Aigis still can remember.... even in the bad ending she still remembered it too....

Spoiler for Persona 3FES:
Spoiler for FES:
Old 2007-11-20, 13:45   Link #132
Ending

I have been playing this game for a few weeks now and it's been pretty good. Certainly refreshingly different from the regular FF cannonfodder. I don't really like of any of the characters, since they are -frankly- boring, but at least they don't cause homidical intentions minute after you start playing.

What is fun is the skill system, which allows quite a bit of customization. Just have yet to see it due of the strict level-restrictions... What isn't fun is the fact that the tougher battles are sometimes purely based on luck. I.e: if you do not have access to any strategic features, such as immunity to fire or damage reflecting items, it becomes all about scoring a critical at the right time. Not really rewarding because you will absolutely know that it wasn't your skills that granted you the win.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 15:34   Link #133
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

The "skill" require for this game is the planning before heading in to the battle, which is apprent in all Megaten games, more so in previous ones. u HAVE to get the right element/immunity/counter for the bosses or they waste u quickly. Turn base RPGs really takes no excessive skills since u can simply overlevel and beat down on enemies, but Megaten makes overleveling much more tedious and force u to plan the battle, which is why it has such a dedicated fanbase.

I mean honestly...i dont remember the last time i needed "skills" to beat an FF.
Old 2007-11-21, 04:51   Link #134
Ending

FF series are mainly about fanboyism anyway, so it's not fair to compare a tiger to a tired, old milking cow.

Quote:
u HAVE to get the right element/immunity/counter for the bosses or they waste u quickly.
That is exactly what I thought too, but with access to only lv.13 personas it's impossible. At lv.14 I could had gotten pyrojack, which grants immunity to fire, but that would had helped only the protagonist while the rest wipe. So it's kinda annoying that there aren't any tools to counter the things that cause trouble to you. Not just the level-restrictions of personas, but the lack of items too.
Old 2007-11-21, 09:20   Link #135
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

which boss are u currently fighting?
Old 2007-11-23, 12:36   Link #136
Ending

Currently I'm heading towards the 60th floor after beating the Emperor & Empress -duo. Noticed that there are many wind or electricity weak mobs here. Luckily I now have a persona against electricity, fire, and ice. Hopefully the next boss isn't something else again...

Emphasize on word "hope", since the game gives absolutely no way to prepare for it in advance. So much for planning.

** Edit **

Pff, it's another luck-based encounter at lv.59: Inteprid Knight. He basically insta-gibs anyone with kill-rush and such, so the only way you can win is that he doesn't insta-gib the protagonist (which means automatically game over). Already lost twice in a row because of this. Cheap. It seems this game just loves to kill you in random occasions for the kicks of it.

For example, now that I have gotten past the knight, the next big boss (day 7/7, Lovers) also has the strat of charming your protagonist, which means that you can't do a jack, and spamming your entire party with a spell that takes about 1/3 of your health. No control + massive damage = game over without you doing anything wrong. In fact, I was doing perfectly well with two criticals, max health, and only 10% HP left on the boss, but again this kind of wipes hint of the shobby design from the part of the game-developers.

It's really unfortunate that they can't patch the faults on console games. Not that they would actually do anything, since fixing the random wipes would require extensive work from them.

Last edited by Ending; 2007-11-24 at 13:11.
Old 2007-11-30, 17:21   Link #137
GetBackers
Semper Fi

I actually cried while playing this game. That mite sound a little weird, but I couldn't help it. They play some really depressing music at certain times in the game (like when the stripped shirt man is dieing). I also cried when (You Know Who >.>(spoiler not working) died. Best anime game ever IMO.
GetBackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 18:02   Link #138
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
Currently I'm heading towards the 60th floor after beating the Emperor & Empress -duo. Noticed that there are many wind or electricity weak mobs here. Luckily I now have a persona against electricity, fire, and ice. Hopefully the next boss isn't something else again...

Emphasize on word "hope", since the game gives absolutely no way to prepare for it in advance. So much for planning.

** Edit **

Pff, it's another luck-based encounter at lv.59: Inteprid Knight. He basically insta-gibs anyone with kill-rush and such, so the only way you can win is that he doesn't insta-gib the protagonist (which means automatically game over). Already lost twice in a row because of this. Cheap. It seems this game just loves to kill you in random occasions for the kicks of it.

For example, now that I have gotten past the knight, the next big boss (day 7/7, Lovers) also has the strat of charming your protagonist, which means that you can't do a jack, and spamming your entire party with a spell that takes about 1/3 of your health. No control + massive damage = game over without you doing anything wrong. In fact, I was doing perfectly well with two criticals, max health, and only 10% HP left on the boss, but again this kind of wipes hint of the shobby design from the part of the game-developers.

It's really unfortunate that they can't patch the faults on console games. Not that they would actually do anything, since fixing the random wipes would require extensive work from them.
u need to get nacrusis' fertilized item, its anti-charm.
I got 4 but only really needed on Yukari and MC, once thats on the Lover was a joke, and the later bosses requires anti charm as well: the dancers needs anti charm
Old 2007-12-07, 19:38   Link #139
beamknight87
Gold Saint

OMG, I finished the game just a couple of hours ago and man, all the events of the final battle are simply epic, the anime cutscenes where the MC goes to face by himself Nyx was awesome, as so that battle.

However, this game left me with a couple of questions/observations...

Spoiler for Comments:

Anyways, I greatly enjoyed this game, definitely one of the best RPG's I have played, still can't get out of my head most of the great tracks that it has.

Last edited by beamknight87; 2007-12-07 at 21:22.
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 00:46   Link #140
U<3Anime
Boo!

What exactly do you not understand about Ryoji? It's been a long time since i have played the game. I'll try to tell you what I remember

Spoiler for Ryoji:

Tags
ps2