AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-07-14, 20:00   Link #1241
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
>_< I doubt that Lost Odyssey sold lest than 1 million copies i don't think FFXIII will sell more then 1 million copies on the 360
DMC4 sold more on the PS3 than the 360
Its over 700,000 copies to this point. Which is good regardless for a new title. Final Fantasy is another animal and will do excellent on the 360 selling millions of copies. As far as worldwide on DMC4, yes the PS3 has sold more do to the 360 fanbase virtually not existing in Japan but not in the US market it hasnt which goes back to my statement that it will sell well on the 360.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 20:03   Link #1242
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If there's one thing to be learned from this, it would be... If even FF13 isn't safe from Microsoft's clutches, then what game is? Every supposed PS3 exclusive that's not to be released soon has its 'exclusivity' in the air because of this.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 20:08   Link #1243
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
If there's one thing to be learned from this, it would be... If even FF13 isn't safe from Microsoft's clutches, then what game is? Every supposed PS3 exclusive that's not to be released soon has its 'exclusivity' in the air because of this.
Thats why 1st parties are important, and we know that Sony is very strong in this department, way better than MS.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 20:36   Link #1244
Lebron
I hear voices

That FFVII remake announcement needs to come tomorrow, so that my current PS3 theme will actually mean something!

Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 20:45   Link #1245
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Thats why 1st parties are important, and we know that Sony is very strong in this department, way better than MS.
That's very true. What exactly was the last good First Party game on the 360 again???

Has there been any company thats mastered, the techniques of developing for the PS3 yet, I think Insomniac Games has but I can't think of any other company besides them that might have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
The fact of the matter is that "technically" Square didn't break any word or go against a previous statement because Only the Square Enix Japan claimed PS3 exclusivity on the title which is true since there won't be a 360 Final Fantasy XIII in Japan. Square Enix America however never said anything about exclusivity.

Thus they have loopholes
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 21:01   Link #1246
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
That's very true. What exactly was the last good First Party game on the 360 again???
Lost Odyssey? Ninja Gaiden 2? Unless we're talking about actual internal studios, then yeah, that goes without saying. The last good one I would say was Halo 3, but then Call of Duty 4 came out and the whole Bungie thing. So yeah, for me, Forza 2. Still the best simulation racing experience on any console, but that will probably change when Race Pro comes out by Simbin. Not to mention that games like Fable 2, Halo Wars, and Banjo Kazooie 3(not liking the vehicle reliability though) all look pretty damn good. Not denying Sony's awesome 1st party studio, but to say MS's isn't any good is pretty laughable.

Then again, it's a different mind set. Sony is obviously relying more on it's internal endeavors this gen, while MS is relying a bit more on 3rd party support. At least to me that seems to be the case.

Edit: Anyway, moving on, DICE showcased a demo of Mirror's Edge. Game looks unbelievable. Nice to see an actual new approach to the FPS genre
http://www.gamekyo.com/video12260_mi...onference.html

Last edited by Lebron; 2008-07-14 at 21:25.
Old 2008-07-14, 21:26   Link #1247
kujoe
from head to heel

LO and Ninja Gaiden 2 are still technically 3rd party, but MS was the publisher for those games. I think the same goes for the rest, or they're at least 2nd parties. Bungie has already left the nest and has become independent, but it still remains committed to MS.

Nintendo has the strongest 1st party tradition in my opinion, but Sony's internal studios are no joke either with studios such as Polyphony Digital, and Team Ico.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 21:27   Link #1248
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

sony needs to surprise us off the scale tomorrow, they always have to best trailers and game plays for the conference but only a few actual game release days.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 21:33   Link #1249
Lebron
I hear voices

They need Team ICO's PS3 Project and God of War III, and just for kicks, FF7 remake. Oh yeah, and more HOME pimpage. Of course, surprises like we've had during MS conference, are always welcomed.

Quote:
I think the same goes for the rest, or they're at least 2nd parties.
All the games I mentioned are actual 1st parties though. Lionhead, Turn 10, Ensemble Studios, and Rare are all apart of MS's internal studio.

Edit: and give me my Twisted Metal PS3, David. Give it to me now.
Old 2008-07-14, 21:40   Link #1250
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
They need Team ICO's PS3 Project.
Why is Team ICO so popular i've never played any of their games myself but I hear everone being so excited over any new about games that are to be made by them. Why is that did they make some revolutionary game or something like that???
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 21:46   Link #1251
kujoe
from head to heel

Something like that. Their games have this special something that makes them truly great.

See Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.
Old 2008-07-14, 21:47   Link #1252
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Why is Team ICO so popular i've never played any of their games myself but I hear everone being so excited over any new about games that are to be made by them. Why is that did they make some revolutionary game or something like that???
short answer, yes. Long answer, Hell Freaking Batman BBQ Yes!

Seriously though, if you haven't played ICO or Shadow of the Colossus, you're doing yourself a great disservice. SoTC was easily my favorite game last gen. If you have a PS2, or PS3(with BC) you need to play those.

I mean come on, the intro to SoTC alone lets you know you're about to play something special.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiQFNZx3INs
Old 2008-07-14, 22:04   Link #1253
kujoe
from head to heel

I definitely agree with Lebron here. You're doing yourself a disservice for at least not trying out this game.

What he has shown is just the opening scene. Its main premise is really about giant slaying, where each giant is a puzzle on their own. It also has one of the best game soundtracks from last gen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGO5X...eature=related
Old 2008-07-14, 22:15   Link #1254
Lebron
I hear voices

Yeah, and each colossus is vastly different so it always requires a different approach in order to slay it than what you tried last. I mean the approach and principal are the same, discover the colossus, figure away how to scale it, locate it's weak point, then stab the hell out it till it dies. It's more to it than just that, I'm just breaking it down.

but like Kujoe said, the game(and ICO) have that special something. I think it has largely to do with both games outstanding soundtrack. Shadow the Colossus I would say has the better out of the two, and easily one of my most favorite VG soundtracks ever. Ko Otani really outdid himself. The way the music kicks in at the right moment during encounters gave me chills during my first play through.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3PRXFLJYcw

also, the game has one of the best VG horses ever
Old 2008-07-14, 22:24   Link #1255
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Agro>Epona
Old 2008-07-14, 22:26   Link #1256
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Well the 360 is doomed anyway...by the way there selling in EU/Japan the PS3 is going to outsell it soon enough
Old 2008-07-14, 22:29   Link #1257
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
im buying a ps3 along with initial d extreme stage, gran turismo 5, and hopefully the other plethora of anime games

forza is not the best sim, GT 5 is, and ID has a place in my heart XD
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 22:29   Link #1258
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I definitely agree with Lebron here. You're doing yourself a disservice for at least not trying out this game.

What he has shown is just the opening scene. Its main premise is really about giant slaying, where each giant is a puzzle on their own. It also has one of the best game soundtracks from last gen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGO5X...eature=related
Quote:
Yeah, and each colossus is vastly different so it always requires a different approach in order to slay it than what you tried last. I mean the approach and principal are the same, discover the colossus, figure away how to scale it, locate it's weak point, then stab the hell out it till it dies. It's more to it than just that, I'm just breaking it down.

but like Kujoe said, the game(and ICO) have that special something. I think it has largely to do with both games outstanding soundtrack. Shadow the Colossus I would say has the better out of the two, and easily one of my most favorite VG soundtracks ever. Ko Otani really outdid himself. The way the music kicks in at the right moment during encounters gave me chills during my first play through.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3PRXFLJYcw

That's great that you guys are talking about Shadow Of The Colossus since I'm currently playing that game again, what a beautiful and thrilling experience that this game is. The connection that it has to Ico and the refrences in the game just make it that much better. To me it was also the best game of the last generation, the music, the setting, the sheer concept is great.

Anything by Team Ico is definitely something to check out and to expect with high hopes, I hope we get news about their new project soon.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 22:44   Link #1259
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Well the 360 is doomed anyway...by the way there selling in EU/Japan the PS3 is going to outsell it soon enough
I know, and yet the games keep coming! It's like the developers are blind to this fact or something

Anywhoo, now I have to hunt down my copy of SoTC. I now have an urge to play the game, and ICO(just for the ending). But really, if they showed anything from Team ICO tomorrow, that would be it for me. Granted, it's more likely we'll see something from them during TGS, but one can wish!
Old 2008-07-14, 22:52   Link #1260
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

But im still getting the 360 for too human

Tags
console, ps3, sony