AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 198 45.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 20.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 70 16.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 32 7.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 1.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.46%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 22 5.06%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-03, 22:57   Link #921
Jsmithmim@saber
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dhaka,bangladesh
Age: 24
Ranga92 i knew you would disagree with me..i never said all the fans want fsn remake or sequel..i also didn't say the 6th war is a must..again i didn't day they have to combine the stories of udw or hf in the remake of fsn..ufotable can bring some changes themselves..i should stick with my idea about remake of fsn...thanks to cherry lover for her /his explanation..to who love bittersweet endings:IF ED DIED AT THE END OF FMAB YOU WOULD SURELY HAVE SAID IT WAS EPIC...IF LALOUCH WAS STILL SHOWEN AS THE KING AT THE END YOU WOULD HAVE SAID IT WAS A DOWNER ENDING..IF LIGHT WAS ALIVE YOU MIGHT HAVE LOVE IT..FSN ending was never an epic ending cause both saber's and shrio's wishes didn't come true..saber never got what she wanted..shiro's charecter was wasted just for 10 minutes..hoping fate zero will be great and prompt uft and aplex for fsn..
Jsmithmim@saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 23:52   Link #922
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: As far away from reality as possible
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmithmim@saber View Post
Ranga92 i knew you would disagree with me..i never said all the fans want fsn remake or sequel..i also didn't say the 6th war is a must..again i didn't day they have to combine the stories of udw or hf in the remake of fsn..ufotable can bring some changes themselves..i should stick with my idea about remake of fsn...thanks to cherry lover for her /his explanation..to who love bittersweet endings:IF ED DIED AT THE END OF FMAB YOU WOULD SURELY HAVE SAID IT WAS EPIC...IF LALOUCH WAS STILL SHOWEN AS THE KING AT THE END YOU WOULD HAVE SAID IT WAS A DOWNER ENDING..IF LIGHT WAS ALIVE YOU MIGHT HAVE LOVE IT..FSN ending was never an epic ending cause both saber's and shrio's wishes didn't come true..saber never got what she wanted..shiro's charecter was wasted just for 10 minutes..hoping fate zero will be great and prompt uft and aplex for fsn..
I think the major issue here is you assume that Saber is always the main focus in every possible path. While she is the poster girl of the game to the point that they made an extra unlockable ending for her in Realta Nua, the other 2 routes are not focused on her.

Plus, Saber didn't get her wish because she understood it wasn't a wish that should have been granted. She remained the king. Realta Nua fixed the "together" part in an acceptable (for F/SN) way. Not sure what your point about Shirou was.

And Lelouch is alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
In what way is HF True sad? And, conversely, how can UBW be a truly "good" ending when you take HF into account, not to mention what happens to certain characters in the story itself...?
It is given as such, plus when you get UBW ending, HF isn't taken into account. Even if it does, you have to really try to take HF into account because it's not even an afterthought when you're in UBW route. In that sense, the issue in UBW is resolved with the UBW couple as alive and well as it can, and pretty happy about it, unlike both Fate and HF (especially HF).
__________________
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 00:58   Link #923
Jsmithmim@saber
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dhaka,bangladesh
Age: 24
Saber is the main focous in fate and ubw(archer also)+fsn manga+carnival phantasam and fate zero..i have already told you that udw should go with the good end+holy grail should be used..ABOUT HF IS WITHOUT ANY UNDOUBT THE WEAKEST ROUTE..I AM QUITE SURPRISED HOW CAN A GAME HAS Three ending.."the holy grail can never be dystroyed by sacrificing one's life"..so you consider..THE THINGS I PREFER MOST ABOUT AN ANIME ARE...FATE OF MAIN Charecters and ending.THIS IS WHY I LIKE CG AND FMAB..I KNOW LALOUCH IS ALIVE..
Jsmithmim@saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 03:39   Link #924
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
It is given as such, plus when you get UBW ending, HF isn't taken into account. Even if it does, you have to really try to take HF into account because it's not even an afterthought when you're in UBW route. In that sense, the issue in UBW is resolved with the UBW couple as alive and well as it can, and pretty happy about it, unlike both Fate and HF (especially HF).
Erm, what?

Since when are the "main couple" in HF not "happy"? Or, indeed, "alive and well"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmithmim@saber View Post
Saber is the main focous in fate and ubw(archer also)+fsn manga+carnival phantasam and fate zero..
No, she's not. She's the main focus of Fate, the Manga (which follows Fate) and (to some extent) Carnival Phantasm (which is because it's based on a doujin by someone who is a Saber fan), but she is not the main focus of Fate/Zero (she's one of many focii) and she's sure as hell not the main focus of UBW.

Quote:
ABOUT HF IS WITHOUT ANY UNDOUBT THE WEAKEST ROUTE..
Gee, biased much...?
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 04:01   Link #925
Jsmithmim@saber
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dhaka,bangladesh
Age: 24
I have gone through HF...IT was quite funny..dark..dark..shrio's mentality....weakest because have no such believable ending.(way of vanishing the grail).UBW..rin,archer,saber,shiro..I AM NOW READING THE MANGA..HOPING FOR A HAPPY ending..fate zero..amiya and saber main charecters..
Jsmithmim@saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 05:47   Link #926
TwilightsCall
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Really? Cause I personally thought Heaven's Feel was the best of the three routes, and I don't really see what's so unbelievable about the ending...

As for Fate Zero, Kiritsugu and Saber are important characters, but so are Irisviel, Waver, Kirei, etc etc etc. Can hardly call any them the 'main' characters, because the story isn't about them, its about everyone.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 06:53   Link #927
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 21
Have you really gone trough HF, Jsmith? Because that is the route where Shirou's mentality is the strongest. The only route were he really knows what he truly wants to do. And that is to protect the ones that are close to him.

And why isn't the ending believable?
Spoiler for HF:

And Saber is not the main focus of F/SN she never was, she is the poster girl though.

And in UBW she isnt even close to being the focus She isn't even the third, that place goes to Rin, I wouldn't even say that she is fourth since the route is more focused on other characters dilemmas than Saber.

Saber had her time to shine in Fate and got the ending that was best for her. her wish was never meant to be granted, and she realized that herself. Had Shirou or anyone else wished for her to stay,and the grail had granted that, she would have been corrupted.

And the manga will without a doubt end up the same way as fate did in the end. The mangaka has always been looking forward to drawing the last scene, he said so in the first volume. He won't change that.

I don't even understand why you had such a problem with the ending. Of course it was sad but thats life. Saber was doomed to disappear.

I always found her fate in the UBW good ending rather sad since she never found her 'answer' which means that she still doesn't know what to do, what her place in the world is and so on.
__________________

Last edited by sona-nyl; 2011-10-04 at 09:31.
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 09:24   Link #928
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: As far away from reality as possible
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Erm, what?

Since when are the "main couple" in HF not "happy"? Or, indeed, "alive and well"?
Eh, from what I remember when playing it
Spoiler for HF true ending:
__________________
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 09:26   Link #929
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Eh, from what I remember when playing it
Spoiler for HF true ending:
Spoiler for HF:
__________________
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 09:34   Link #930
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: As far away from reality as possible
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
Spoiler for HF:
Spoiler for HF:
__________________
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 09:54   Link #931
Ragna92
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmithmim@saber View Post
Saber is the main focous in fate and ubw(archer also)+fsn manga+carnival phantasam and fate zero..i have already told you that udw should go with the good end+holy grail should be used..ABOUT HF IS WITHOUT ANY UNDOUBT THE WEAKEST ROUTE..I AM QUITE SURPRISED HOW CAN A GAME HAS Three ending.."the holy grail can never be dystroyed by sacrificing one's life"..so you consider..THE THINGS I PREFER MOST ABOUT AN ANIME ARE...FATE OF MAIN Charecters and ending.THIS IS WHY I LIKE CG AND FMAB..I KNOW LALOUCH IS ALIVE..
Saber is not the main focus of UBW. She has a less of a role in UBW then Rin did in Fate. Even Gil had more of a role then saber in Fate. And majority of people agree that Fate is the weakest route. How could you say heavens feel is the weakest? That route was amazing and it was atleast 50% of the game. Anyways which fate stay night manga are you guys talking about? isn't that manga based on ubw route, or is there another fate manga?
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 11:15   Link #932
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 21
No its mainly Fate, but it was going in the UBW direction for a while (also included som alternate retellings of HF), but now it's back on the way towards fate again (damn, I wanted it to do the UBW route).
__________________
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 12:50   Link #933
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Spoiler for HF:
Spoiler for Heaven's Feel & Kara no Kyoukai:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 13:00   Link #934
alumnox
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Well something that we cant ignore is the fact that the whole idea of setting up the Saber/Fate route was only to let the player know the basics and relevant information about what is the grail war and stuff. They even describe the Fate route in the last tiger dojo as nothing more as an introduction to the main game that its UBW and HF.

The author said several times that Fate, UBW and HF all of them happens in alternative universe or dimensions so all the endings are true BUT HF its considered the main route simply because Hollow ataraxia as well as Fate zero took that story line to build or expand the fate universe.

Now here comes what took a lot of people by surprise.

Bck in 2004, A HUGE and I mean a HUGE amount of people RAGE about the ending in the Fate route. The game did a pretty good job making the player care enough for Saber to the point that they even got letters asking the author to explain what the hell happen there (but we will go there in a bit).

Back in 2004 like every year since the game was released they published their first popularity poll and saber pretty much crushed everyone else while Sakura even when she was pretty much the mainstream of the history she ranked 17th or something like that.

So that's the thing... although the original plan was to set Saber as nothing more of an introduction, she pretty much took the leading role in the audience preferences and even today 7 YEARS later she never fails to rank in the top 10 of type moon females characters and top 20 in anime females in general.

Going back a little about those letters I told you before the ending we know in realt Nua and the manga its the author fault (lol). In 2005 he said that in the Fate route Shirou ends as a guardian but since Saber change him a little bit he became stronger in his resolve about his dream.

Then people went crazy and they create that "extra" ending we know with Saber and Shirou.

Man Saber needs a true hollywood story episode.

Last edited by alumnox; 2011-10-04 at 13:14.
alumnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 13:11   Link #935
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: As far away from reality as possible
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Spoiler for Heaven's Feel & Kara no Kyoukai:
I can't say I remember the 5th movie all that well xP I always assumed the first one was fake Plus Touko is Touko, very few mages in TypeMoon can pull stuff like that, so it could be a bit more special (or have a better affect) when done for herself. Anyway, I'd rather pick HF's good ending actually over something like that Although long-haired Sakura is nice.
__________________
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 13:12   Link #936
Ragna92
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
No its mainly Fate, but it was going in the UBW direction for a while (also included som alternate retellings of HF), but now it's back on the way towards fate again (damn, I wanted it to do the UBW route).
where can I find that manga? The one I'm reading says it solely based on the UBW route. And plus right now it's not following any route. It's just one messed up manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
Have you really gone trough HF, Jsmith? Because that is the route where Shirou's mentality is the strongest. The only route were he really knows what he truly wants to do. And that is to protect the ones that are close to him.

And why isn't the ending believable?
Spoiler for HF:

And Saber is not the main focus of F/SN she never was, she is the poster girl though.

And in UBW she isnt even close to being the focus She isn't even the third, that place goes to Rin, I wouldn't even say that she is fourth since the route is more focused on other characters dilemmas than Saber.

Saber had her time to shine in Fate and got the ending that was best for her. her wish was never meant to be granted, and she realized that herself. Had Shirou or anyone else wished for her to stay,and the grail had granted that, she would have been corrupted.

And the manga will without a doubt end up the same way as fate did in the end. The mangaka has always been looking forward to drawing the last scene, he said so in the first volume. He won't change that.

I don't even understand why you had such a problem with the ending. Of course it was sad but thats life. Saber was doomed to disappear.

I always found her fate in the UBW good ending rather sad since she never found her 'answer' which means that she still doesn't know what to do, what her place in the world is and so on.
Yeah people need to realize that being the most popular doesn't make you the main or any better then anyone else.

Last edited by Ragna92; 2011-10-04 at 13:26.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 13:15   Link #937
Ragna92
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alumnox View Post
Well something that we cant ignore is the fact that the whole idea of setting up the Saber/Fate route was only to let the player know the basics and relevant information about what is the grail war and stuff. They even describe the Fate route in the last tiger dojo as nothing more as an introduction to the main game that its UBW and HF.

The author said several times that Fate, UBW and HF all of them happens in alternative universe or dimensions so all the endings are true BUT HF its considered the main route simply because Hollow ataraxia as well as Fate zero took that story line to build or expand the fate universe.

Now here comes what took a lot of people by surprise.

Bck in 2004, A HUGE and I mean a HUGE amount of people RAGE about the ending in the Fate route. The game did a pretty good job making the player care enough for Saber to the point that they even got letters asking the author to explain what the hell happen there (but we will go there in a bit).

Back in 2004 like every year since the game was released they published their first popularity poll and saber pretty much crushed everyone else while Sakura even when she was pretty much the mainstream of the history she ranked 17th or something like that.

So that's the thing... although the original plan was to set Saber as nothing more of an introduction, she pretty much took the leading role in the audience preferences and even today 7 YEARS later she never fails to rank in the top 10 of type moon females characters and top 20 in anime females in general.

Going back a little about those letters I told you before the ending we know in realt Nua and the manga its the author fault (lol). In 2005 he said that in the Fate route Shirou ends as a guardian but since Saber change him a little bit he became stronger in his resolve about his dream.

Then the people went crazy and they create that "extra" ending we know with Saber and Shirou.

Man Saber needs a true hollywood story episode.
What do you mean by heavens feel being the main route. All 3 routes are main. But yeah heavens feel is the most important story wise.

Yes, the Fate route was an intro, but an intro is important. Well anyway don't know why fans were so depressed about the "Fate" route ending. I was satisfied but that's just me..

Last edited by Ragna92; 2011-10-04 at 13:27.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 14:14   Link #938
TwilightsCall
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Spoiler for HF and Kara no Kyoukai:
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 15:33   Link #939
Jsmithmim@saber
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dhaka,bangladesh
Age: 24
@usami haru-fate route and anime wouldn't have exsisted without saber.she is not the poster girl..the same thing goes for ubw!shiro metalily surely got strong in HF.. He learnt to only save sakura.WHY DIDN'T HE ATTEMT TO SAVE SABER,RIN AND ILLIYA AT THE TIME OF NEED..YOU SAY THE HOLY GRAIL LIED WITHIN ILLIYA..so the holy grail concept is like toys to you like it can hide in ones body..IF Its the end result than 5th war shouldn't have been there..it would have figured out in the 4th war..the holy grail should have vanished..it was never said that if holy grail grants one's wish who has won the grail war he/she would be corrupted by it..it was the for getting the grail and making their wish come true -for which all the master of 1st-5th war fought for..they never desired to dytroy it(expect shiro and his father.I DON'T KNOW WHy they did that)..finally i should go on with the manga..
Jsmithmim@saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 16:10   Link #940
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
Spoiler for HF and Kara no Kyoukai:
Spoiler for Kara no Kyoukai:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.