AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

Notices

View Poll Results: Ouran Host Club Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 12 30.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 35.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 25.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 5.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-10, 20:52   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Ouran Host Club Episode 15 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ouran Host Club, Episode 15.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-07-11, 15:13   Link #2
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-11, 17:07   Link #3
Omniscient

Episode 15 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-12, 07:45   Link #4
dxgarten

Episode 15 screencaps and review

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-12, 23:20   Link #5
KJlost

Did anyone else laugh at Hikaru's ring tone?
Old 2006-07-16, 23:02   Link #6
Kiomi

Wow this one is taking a bit to translate ^^, can't wait till i can understand it.
Old 2006-07-17, 08:58   Link #7
Aiya Kasai

Wow, isn't it usually translated by now? O___o
Old 2006-07-19, 10:03   Link #8
Forever
Revealing the truth

Fantastic episode! Tamaki's creativity is virually unmatched in his dreams!
Old 2006-07-19, 10:31   Link #9
Fai

haruhi has long hair in ep 16!!
Old 2006-07-19, 12:16   Link #10
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

i just watched the subs for this episode and me lub <33 ^_^ yay mori with no shirt on that was nice and misuzu is so funny when his voice sometimes switches when she wants it to be high and sing-songy..it turns manly..and the elephant joke is funny funny as well XD i like hikaru and kaoru so much more now!! arai is pretty cute as well =/ cant wait till next episode subs!! hikaru&haruhi date!!
Old 2006-07-19, 13:26   Link #11
Red_eyes

Call me dense, but can someone explain to me the elephant joke =/
Old 2006-07-19, 18:42   Link #12
bubu
Glittering

well...an elephant is often used to represent a certain male body part...so I guess Hikaru sleeps in the buff!
Old 2006-07-19, 22:18   Link #13
domino
デレデレ

Fun episode. :P The elephant was so random.

With the introduction of a new character and the increasing hints that the twins' gay act might be more than an act, the love triangle/square/octagon has gotten even more complicated...

Mori-senpai...! Refreshing indeed.

Can't wait til the next episode. The twins are great and have been developed quite well so far.
Old 2006-07-19, 22:54   Link #14
Kiomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Fun episode. :P The elephant was so random.

With the introduction of a new character and the increasing hints that the twins' gay act might be more than an act, the love triangle/square/octagon has gotten even more complicated...

Mori-senpai...! Refreshing indeed.

Can't wait til the next episode. The twins are great and have been developed quite well so far.
I really don't think their gay ^^. It doesn't matter to much if they are or not..but i personally don't think so. If anything their bisexual.

I am a Twin...and I act EXACTLY like them. I hang on my sister, hang out with her 24/7. We only have ONE friend, maybe a few other people we say hi to...but we only really have one. We sleep in the same bed, becuase of what they said "we were born together." At night it's really hard to sleep alone, it IS, becuase it's just hard to be alone. If you think about it, I don't know if the author thought about....maybe she has...probably. Imagine if you woke up in this world with only one person...you took baths together, you were always there for each other. Its normal to be able to touch each other and hug a lot. To you you are practicly the same person, but in a way you are very different people. Its a world connected through two people.....almost as if your connected by a line.

When I was little people thought I was lezbo....no............................

If they are I gues....that could work out, but I could NEVER love my sister more then a sister...that would be like...loving myself. I think they do it to please their customers....I really don't think they are into each other...

But then again it really doesn't matter who is gay or who isn't ^^////
Old 2006-07-19, 23:08   Link #15
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Interesting point you brought up there, Kiomi.

Regarding the twins being gay thing, I think in the manga, Hatori Bisco wrote something in one of her freetalks that Kaoru was most likely gay while Hikaru wasn't... or something like that. Or was it that Hikaru was undecided/bi?

I dunno, but it sure seems like this series likes to keep up confused about their relationship with each other.

I wouldn't mind either way though, since I like shounen-ai. It's interesting how they're making Haruhi the oblivious factor that threatens to break the twins' close bond with each other.

By the way, this episode was !@#%ing hilarious. I was on the floor laughing half the time. Okay, so I was sitting on the floor with my laptop to begin with... but still, it was really funny.

Did anyone else notice how the characters' cell phones corresponded with the color of their roses from the previous episode? If you look up the meanings of the different colored roses, you'll see that they actually fit quite well with the characters.

~ Noodlehead
Old 2006-07-20, 00:54   Link #16
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiomi
I really don't think their gay ^^. It doesn't matter to much if they are or not..but i personally don't think so. If anything their bisexual.

I am a Twin...and I act EXACTLY like them. I hang on my sister, hang out with her 24/7. We only have ONE friend, maybe a few other people we say hi to...but we only really have one. We sleep in the same bed, becuase of what they said "we were born together." At night it's really hard to sleep alone, it IS, becuase it's just hard to be alone. If you think about it, I don't know if the author thought about....maybe she has...probably. Imagine if you woke up in this world with only one person...you took baths together, you were always there for each other. Its normal to be able to touch each other and hug a lot. To you you are practicly the same person, but in a way you are very different people. Its a world connected through two people.....almost as if your connected by a line.

When I was little people thought I was lezbo....no............................

If they are I gues....that could work out, but I could NEVER love my sister more then a sister...that would be like...loving myself. I think they do it to please their customers....I really don't think they are into each other...

But then again it really doesn't matter who is gay or who isn't ^^////
Interesting to see a twin's point of view. So maybe some twins really DO act like that... I'm not close to my sibling at ALL so it's very different for me

But about the twins maybe being more than just acting, I was kind of referring to hints from the manga (as mentioned in the post above me) where the author mentions that Kaoru is probably really gay For Hikaru it's just an act, but maybe not for Kaoru...
Old 2006-07-20, 02:20   Link #17
nhyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJlost
Did anyone else laugh at Hikaru's ring tone?
was it a parody? pls enlighten me
Old 2006-07-20, 02:23   Link #18
tritoch

Anybody seen the H&C reference in this one? =p
Old 2006-07-20, 04:55   Link #19
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

No, but you're free to point in out.

I thought this episode was entertaining, but a tad generic. The cliffhanger/character introduction will make for some interest in the next episode, but given the next ep preview points to something else happening, I'm not sure much is going to be made of it. Other than that, there really wasn't much to this ep past a few gags and few "tender" moments between Hikaru and Kaoru that don't really expand on what we already perceive/know of them.

The comedy wasn't really at its best in this ep either. Overall, it was an ok ep, but hardly one that ranks among the best Ouran has supplied so far.
Old 2006-07-20, 20:04   Link #20
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyn
was it a parody? pls enlighten me
Hikaru's ring tone was a part of the show's ending theme song. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Anybody seen the H&C reference in this one? =p
Completely missed it. Where, where? D:
Closed Thread