2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.87%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-15, 19:33   Link #61
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
The highest point of this episode was it's background music. I've really liked the BGM which gives an actual sense of nostalgia. The content of the episode is very good at most point. The starting sequence before the OP-theme, is the highlight of the episode. The animation is good, but I've seen better in Naruto.

The episode gets a solid 8 from me for the BGM alone. I still need to get used to the OP and ED theme songs.
You make a wise point, I have re-watched the episode and the BGM is of a good quality - I really didn't even notice it because of the sporadic storyline... bah...the one and only time in Naruto I can actually say, that music really made a difference to what I watched, was during the third hokage's funeral (Sadness and sorrow- piano).
Nothing really grabbed my attention during this ep, although (as I pointed out earlier) after re-watching the episode the BGM is very cool throughout the ep - I should really stop taking it for granted, and I need to start appreciating the quality of it.
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 20:26   Link #62
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukisApprentice View Post
I would of been happy if they kept to the actual manga storyline in chronological order, instead of pulling the storyline backward and forward into this mish-mash of a first episode.
I think you're forgetting that the Naruto anime has always been changing and rearranging scenes from the manga. I personally thought it flowed quite good, even if it was a bit different. It's not at all like FMA, where they just outright change the storyline (and yes, I'm well aware that was planned from the get go, it just always leaves a bad taste in my mouth when an anime based off a manga OR a novel deviates too far from its source).
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 00:13   Link #63
ThoHell

WHOA WHOA WHOA, when did this come out? I just found episode 1 subbed today and was like WTF? I'm rather excited, I like Naruto until nonstop fillers took place. Downloading NOW, can't wait!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 00:49   Link #64
thedonkiluminati

Haven't seen the episode yet but I have seen the OP and I love it. Best Naruto OP yet.
Old 2007-02-16, 01:59   Link #65
ThoHell

Still downloading, so haven't watched it yet. Does anyone know if this serie is suppose to follow the manga? I hope so, from the title it seems like it does.....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 02:32   Link #66
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
No, thank you!

Don't forget my partner in crime, Hunter-san either. He stalks the forums with a deadly spoon and never hesitates to use it for the sake of keeping this forum tidy. We intend to do our best to keep this section spoiler free in hopes that no one will be spoiled by a careless post.

Anyway, have fun and enjoy yourself. Just a few more hours to go for the episode to air which should mark the beginning of the end of the filler.
ahh i didnt know hunter was mod for this forum too . Thanks alot to you too hunter-san . Now is the time to go watch Naruto subs YEEEEEY .
Old 2007-02-16, 03:04   Link #67
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
It follows the manga but adds some stuff of its own. Maybe it's because the animation is better and the new soundtrack is freakin' awesome that I don't mind some of the extra stuff. *Cries* Horrible fillers are really over. I can't wait until next week's episode!
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 03:30   Link #68
striderm
Adusa #1

I think I watched the OP over 10 times today.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 03:32   Link #69
myopius

Yeah, this first episode is pretty fillerish (as you'd assume when you watch it). You can certainly tell that even when they try to make it seem more "grown-up", they're still appealing to kids.... =|

Intro scene was awesome, of course. Seemed to me like the studio was clearly saying, "Yep, we have no problem showing off ahead of time the animation for the episode we plan to actually spend our money on."

Was pretty quality animation in the main episode, however. A few points where it seemed off, but I think it mostly looked pretty cool, and better than I expected from the preview. Loved much of the characterization in the scenes.

Yeah, I knew that it'd be worth it to watch the anime even when I know what will happen--eagerly awaiting some awesomely animated fights and excellent moments in characterization.

Very decent episode which leaves a lot to be anticipated, I'd say.
Old 2007-02-16, 03:56   Link #70
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
awesome cant wait for next episode...
is it me or sakura´s breasts shrank???
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 04:02   Link #71
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Wow, such awsome episodes. Thats the way naruto should be . It was perfectly done with all the actions and background music blending in it. It was so epic. Also i havent had such a good laugh for such a long time. Its the naruto that we used to know and love or even maybe better. Any ways i wont spoil any thing yet .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
awesome cant wait for next episode...
is it me or sakura´s breasts shrank???
Its because she has changed her clothings. Thats the way most Female ninja's used to dress. Read here if you want to know more.

P.S. I loved the part of BGM when Sasku called out Sakura's name.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2007-03-13 at 01:31.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 04:40   Link #72
Hatake_Kakashi
Team 7 Sensei

Send a message via AIM to Hatake_Kakashi
Ok, this episode has forced me to come out of hiding and post once again....

OMG O_O I was blown away by all of it, yes the opening had spoilers out the ass but still the art was amazing and the background music just made everything better. The episode as a whole has renewed my faith in the show and I can honestly say I am happy that an episode came out this week...
Hatake_Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 05:06   Link #73
Rein Masamuri

This was an amazing episode.

And what Monir said about the music. Incredible.

oh, and Monir... didn't one of the mods say you need to put screenshots of current episodes in spoiler tags?
Rein Masamuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 05:12   Link #74
kishinfoulux

great debut episode for the series, accompanied by an awesome opening theme.

the first sequence with sasuke was kind of shocking. was quite surprised they showed that.

seems the music has also changed completely. the new music was pretty good but i loved the original stuff. guess we'll have to wait and see how that turns out.

sasori dont sound how i pictured them either.

Last edited by monir; 2007-02-16 at 14:51.
kishinfoulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 06:16   Link #75
Neobody

Yeah a great debut for the the new season of naruto
Spoiler:

Naruto Shippuuden ^_^ Indeed an interesting anime...
Neobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 06:22   Link #76
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Has it been subbed, if so Nine Devil is back!
Old 2007-02-16, 06:42   Link #77
Popo-kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Popo-kun
after seeing the opening scene i was hoping for so much but after that is was like a extension of the fillers. no action at all. very disappointing. i felt like cutting myself the whole time
Popo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 06:44   Link #78
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neobody View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Anyways... To quote Naruto: "nostalgic" to see an episode again after quite some time. I wasn't that thrilled to see the Konohamaru brat pack, although it was funny to see that same mission. Poor cat.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 07:13   Link #79
Syaoran
Inactive Member

My favourite scène was the introduction of the new arc.
When Naruto was running everywhere, looking behind every door, calling after Sasuke.
At a certain moment, you see Naruto's tears glistering in the light, while he's running. It's kind of moving. It shows that Sasuke means more for him than anything else. Beautifully done by the animation team!
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 07:39   Link #80
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

INCREDIBLE.

Absolutely amazing. I completely forgot how much I have missed Naruto. Outstanding. I shivered and shaked like a drug addict. WOW.

WOWOWOWOW......

I cant wait a hole week goddamit...
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote