AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-04-20, 16:02   Link #1
Nergol

Anyone Else Having Trouble Since Last OSX Update?

Ever since I installed the last OSX Software Update, which as I recall had an OS update and a QuickTime update, I've had problems. After about two hours of running, I start getting random mouse freezes that last about ten seconds each. They get more and more frequent after that, and last until I Restart, at which point I again have about two hours until the problem starts again.

I'm running a white MacBook Core Duo 2.0Ghz with 512MB RAM.

Anyone else had a similar problem, or have suggestions on what to do?
Nergol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 17:59   Link #2
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter

Haven't heard of this myself (and don't own a MacBook, so...). You might want to try posting on the forums over at MacRumors.com. There's a really huge and knowledgeable community there who might be able to get you pointed in the right direction.
Old 2007-04-20, 20:14   Link #3
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
I've heard of problems with printing after the 10.4.9 update but not the one you describe.

I'd check the activity monitor and see if anything is using copious amounts of CPU or RAM when this occurs.
Epyon9283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 07:28   Link #4
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Sounds like a driver issue, though don't quote me on that. Best place to begin with is Apple, themselves. If your laptop is less than a year old, it's covered under warranty. Tech support on the other hand...is only 90 days. Unless you bought AppleCare with it, which will place it under warranty for 3 years plus increase the free tech support up to 3 years. If it's still under the one year warranty, you can get AppleCare and you'll be covered for the three years since you bought it. Either way, since the OS update is from Apple, it's best to go talk directly to the source first.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote