AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-11-03, 00:18   Link #421
CryptWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permidion View Post
I have read in diagonal pretty much all messages in this thread but couldnt find any info about how to manually add files in PD.
I think it's not implemented.
CryptWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 17:43   Link #422
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Desbreko
It is, all you have to do is click the Add Download button on the Downloads tab, enter the file's ID, and click OK. That'll add the file to your downloads list without having to search for it.

The problem is that there doesn't seem to be anywhere like hashdb that stores PD file ID's. So either you still have to search for the file you want through PD or you have to be given the ID from someone else who previously ran the search.
Desbreko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 03:22   Link #423
Ryu Koshi
18591479151120:9

is there a way to manually delete files from the unity folder? i've already maxed out 40 GB so when i try to add a new download i get asked if i want to increase the max size of my unity folder just to accomodate that new download. i've tried the "delete file" and "clear reviewed item" at the complete section but i don't see any change in the size of my unity.
Ryu Koshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 05:30   Link #424
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
Go to your unity folder, delete some shit?

E~
Emess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 06:52   Link #425
Ryu Koshi

yeah....i deleted files inside my cache folder back in Share and that kinda screwed things up so i'm being extra careful to not waste all the time i spent filling my unity folder.
Old 2009-11-06, 06:57   Link #426
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu Koshi View Post
is there a way to manually delete files from the unity folder? i've already maxed out 40 GB so when i try to add a new download i get asked if i want to increase the max size of my unity folder just to accomodate that new download. i've tried the "delete file" and "clear reviewed item" at the complete section but i don't see any change in the size of my unity.
This could help your cleanup
Old 2009-11-07, 05:55   Link #427
Ryu Koshi

thanks for the help. i wish they'd make manual deletion available in later versions.
Old 2009-11-07, 06:45   Link #428
Doughnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu Koshi View Post
thanks for the help. i wish they'd make manual deletion available in later versions.
The unity is what keeps files alive on the network after the initial uploader stops uploading it (usually after a few days). Afterwards, anyone downloading a file relies on the fact that others on the network have the pieces in their unity. As people download more though, those pieces in the unity get replaced, so fewer and fewer people have them. You might contain a piece that nobody else connected to the network has, preventing others from completing their download, all because you wanted to save 1MB of disk space. (Ok, all files die eventually, but they can last months instead of days or weeks).

The whole network relies on the unity to function as it should anyway. Without it, you may aswell be using BitTorrent and an anonymous layer like Tor - you get your anonymity at the price of speed, and crippling everyone else on the network.
Doughnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 19:46   Link #429
Winrar

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I have some downloads pending and they've been in (´-w-`)zZZ state for days. Can someone explain this state? My unity is 6GB. And my connection upload speed is 50KB/s. Is this the problem?

Thanks.
Winrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 20:51   Link #430
jpwong

Going to depend on factors, there may be no one with the pieces you need online. Or, the people who do have pieces are currently sending things to other people.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 21:43   Link #431
Crescentvn
Loli Lover

And how do I know if the file has many sources or not?
Crescentvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 21:50   Link #432
Winrar

I see, thanks for the reply. So I should keep waiting.

Also there are some downloads highlighted in red
Old 2009-12-02, 21:58   Link #433
Crescentvn
Loli Lover

And btw, my download status is sleep. but i still receive something, total receive now is over 500MB. What is perfect dark downloading?
Crescentvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 22:01   Link #434
Winrar

Same here. I guess unity/cache?
Old 2009-12-03, 02:09   Link #435
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescentvn View Post
And how do I know if the file has many sources or not?
The count column shows how many distributed copies are out there I believe, though it may not show how many you're connected to. Higher numbers are obviously better. It won't display any number below 10 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescentvn View Post
And btw, my download status is sleep. but i still receive something, total receive now is over 500MB. What is perfect dark downloading?
IIRC you're downloading random bits of other files, that way even if no one has a fully complete file X, they can still get a whole download because the parts of the file were randomly picked up by other users while they were connected.
Old 2009-12-06, 18:06   Link #436
Friminus

Ok I am sure this has been asked a lot but I did not quite see it

I have a Max Unity Folder 40GB/40GB and I want to download 1 (only 1 file) that is right filled the entire unity folder to download 1 file....moving on

The file is 13GB I have the space for it on my HD (16GB free unless I need more)
The File is queued or sleeping the ('-w-')zZz
It will start downloading then stop.....
wtf is up with that? lol

I have done bent to the will of this program.....I just want The Dragon Quest Anime Box set DAMNIT~! >.<
Friminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 00:17   Link #437
K!R4
Freelance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friminus View Post
I have a Max Unity Folder 40GB/40GB and I want to download 1 (only 1 file) that is right filled the entire unity folder to download 1 file....moving on

The file is 13GB I have the space for it on my HD (16GB free unless I need more)
The File is queued or sleeping the ('-w-')zZz
It will start downloading then stop.....
wtf is up with that? lol

I have done bent to the will of this program.....I just want The Dragon Quest Anime Box set DAMNIT~! >.<
it means the pieces you want to dl is offline or not available at the moment. if its old rls like dragon quest, youre goin to have hard time getting all the pieces since most of the users who have the pieces of dragon quest in their unity folder years ago might have already deleted. i dled deathnote and busou renkin r2dvdset off pd one year ago, and it took me months to complete the downloads. anyway, all im saying, its not only you who is experiencing this and most of pd users do. just be patience in your dl it will be completed after couple years. lP
K!R4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 16:39   Link #438
aqwxsz1111

Hello,
I just installed PD 1.06 on windows XP and run it for some days try to build up unity but it stuck a ~26Mo. It grow very slowly and seem to automaticly delete unity when it get past 26Mo even thought more than 500Mo are transferred through my system.

I have a lots of disk space and don't mess with unity folder, so I don't understand what going on. Why are all these data that transfered not filling my unity folder?
aqwxsz1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 06:57   Link #439
Andys

I don't know what's happening with my uploads. Some of them do not appear in uploads tab nor do they appear in search. Others do appear in search after they have been uploaded but not these.

Now I can't tell if some file has been uploaded or not.

//EDIT
Seems like my upload queue is too long to fin in a PD window...
But still I wonder why some of files I uploaded long ago do not show up in search.
Are they deleted from file database or something?

Last edited by Andys; 2009-12-15 at 02:05.
Andys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 05:50   Link #440
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

You guys have to know that the Japanese Police is not checking IPs for BT activity, but the whole internet activity to check for BTs............so intense sharing with any programme is going to be noticed by the Japanese police................we are in such a situation now.........
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p2p, perfect dark