AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Gurren-Lagann - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 6 10.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 37.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 32.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 13.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-06, 17:57   Link #41
Guido

What Kind of Person Was Your Brother?

Animation for this episode ranged from standard to decent, and it was dialogue packed that straightforwardly answered right away several questions regarding Nia.

Overall, it was quite an enjoyable episode that set up Nia in a different perspective.
Spoiler:

At first the Gurren-Lagann brigade misunderstood Nia.
Spoiler:

I am beginning to like Nia. She's quite tenacious and not feared to open up her mind against the old hag of Adine.
Spoiler:

But I do think that Nia would be feeling the aftereffects of being rejected.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-06, 19:52   Link #42
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Viral needs to defect to the other side imo.
I don't know why, but I can see that happen. Once Viral realizes his "rival" is dead, and not by his own beasty hands, plus the way Spiral King deals with "failures". It could be a turning point for him.

Adiane seems a bit confused as well by Nia's words, but she'll probably die before coming to her senses.
Old 2007-06-06, 20:52   Link #43
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, Viral is an independent thinker. So at some point he's got to realize that it's best not to be there. It doesn't look like his genetic line is alive anymore either so the humans are the closest "relatives" he has technically speaking.

Besides, it's no fun if he isn't fighting.
Old 2007-06-07, 00:04   Link #44
Grey

Nia's voice remains at that strange mixture between grating and charming. Argh. I would have liked her speech if that didn't distract me.

Viral has an interesting stalwart side to him. Taking that abuse from Adiane so calmly and humbly--such loyalty. And yet, I could see him defecting. Of course, I could also see him being the semi-tragic figure who fights the protagonists only because he's loyal--and not because the people/cause he is loyal to is worth it. Either route is awesome, because I find Viral awesome (as of this episode).

Also, huzzarh for the Dai-Gurren/Ganzen being able to move! Lets leave that wasteland and move on to...new wastelands!
Old 2007-06-07, 06:07   Link #45
JediNight
キズランダム

I think Nia will go through a bit of a funk over her father abandoning her. But I also get the feeling that she didn't get to see him all that often either. He was "around" but not really in her life very much.
Old 2007-06-07, 16:55   Link #46
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
yea it seems to me that viral's first impressions have changed dramatically on me...at first he seemed like a blood thirsty psychopath but during this ep he has really cooled down his "raging temper" in the earlier eps...

i wonder if he would go to the good guys after he finds out that kamina really is dead...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-06-08 at 15:22.
Old 2007-06-08, 08:19   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i wonder if he would good to the good guys after he finds out that kamina really is dead...
Lets not forget that Viral is a beastman --- also that he has no reason at all to defect to the good side. You can already see how loyal he was around Chimiruf, and now with Adiane.
Old 2007-06-08, 15:25   Link #48
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well thats true if he remains loyal and all but as things are going now i can see a pretty screwed up future...theres something dark and mysterious about the king's motives so maybe if viral hears about him just "using" his kind he then might decide to rebel :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-08, 22:01   Link #49
outlaw97

Make no mistake, the show DID lose some viewers after episode 8, as there was no possible way these two episodes could make up for Kamina's energy/attitude/cockiness/arrogance/whatever-you-want-to-label it. Most people are going to presume the show will become another Eureka Seven, with Simon turning into a man to protect Nia.

With that said, it's still doing a good job of being entertaining, between Kittan's hijinks and Nia's introduction. The super-idealistic pacifists are always annoying, but for now, she has ignorance on her side as an excuse. As she learns more about the world, I'm guessing they'll develop her to be a Lacus-type character - still a pacifist, but definitely more in touch with reality. It's strange really, seeing Kamina's determination and will manifested into someone very, well, NOT Kamina.

More importantly though, she's already started her job in making Simon realize that he can't, and shouldn't be his brother, but to set his own path. I don't think Yoko will ever fully warm up to her though, seeing as how she was promised something 10x better

All in all, Nia's not so bad - I have to say I'm a bit biased though, since everytime she speaks I think of Buster Machine 7
Old 2007-06-09, 00:04   Link #50
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
Make no mistake, the show DID lose some viewers after episode 8, as there was no possible way these two episodes could make up for Kamina's energy/attitude/cockiness/arrogance/whatever-you-want-to-label it. Most people are going to presume the show will become another Eureka Seven, with Simon turning into a man to protect Nia.
kinda get what you mean..., but. Make no mistake, the show also GAIN some viewers after Nia's introduction. The show is good in its own way and her introduction doesn't meant to replace Kamina's energy/attitude/arrogance/or what-ever-you-called it, she stands out on her own way. If Kamina is able to draw viewer by his GARness, Nia can too. Whether its the same attitude or not I don't know.

This show is enjoyable both before and after ep8 in its own way. I am not expecting it to turn crap like Eureka 7.
Old 2007-06-09, 05:38   Link #51
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
I don't know why but even with how good this was comments, It was just couple days ago when I checked this and it was instant win ...

One thing about ep 10. Was it just me, but Nia reminded me about Princess Euphemia from Code Geass in ep 5. I can see myself warming to like her after she gets ridden some of clueless and don't happen to be too naive to common things. Luckily under her naiveness she looks like having inner strength and flexibility to adjust to changes. *knocks on the wood*
Old 2007-06-09, 17:50   Link #52
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
kinda get what you mean..., but. Make no mistake, the show also GAIN some viewers after Nia's introduction. The show is good in its own way and her introduction doesn't meant to replace Kamina's energy/attitude/arrogance/or what-ever-you-called it, she stands out on her own way. If Kamina is able to draw viewer by his GARness, Nia can too. Whether its the same attitude or not I don't know.

Well, Nia's design is not something that can compete with the other bishoujo characters in other series out there. If it was just another pretty face, they'd flock to Precure. Oh, wait...

Nia can't stay moe clueless for long in a post-apocalytic hot-blooded mecha title imo. She needs to evolve or expire imo.

Edit: Precure is seriously kicking G-L's butt in the ratings.

Last edited by orion; 2007-06-09 at 18:02.
Old 2007-06-11, 22:27   Link #53
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Precure is something that actually churned out 2 seasons (PC and PC Max Heart) and 2 spin-off series (PC Splash Star and Yes! PC 5)! Hell it is the Sailor Moon of the 21st Century! All the little girls in Japan are going gaga over this! Even Shounen-blooded fans like me actually watch it! Of course it's ratings beat G.L.

But IMO, NIA Wins over Cure Black and Cure White combined!

Last edited by musashiken; 2007-06-11 at 22:53.
Old 2007-06-20, 21:34   Link #54
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Anyone besides me a little weirded out by the fact AiA I-Z's subs for episode 10 have been out for almost a week but it hasn't been submitted to AnimeSuki?
Old 2007-06-21, 00:27   Link #55
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

It hasn't? Odd, it usually gets up there as soon as we put it. I guess someone must have missed it.

I'll make a post about it to make sure they add it.
Old 2007-07-05, 16:41   Link #56
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'd say this episode was mostly just good:

Spoiler:

I gave this episode a Seven Out of Ten overall.
Closed Thread