AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-06-08, 22:16   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Manju's Icons & Sigs

Updated April 2010
All icons are free to use as long as they havent been claimed by anyone. Most sigs posted here are reqs Ive done but if no name is attached to it, its free. Ugh looking at my old stuff makes me cringe

~looks around and wonders why she decided to make a thread ~

Ok hi! Im Manju for those who dont know me. I generally only make icons/avy for livejournal accounts. Be wary, Im in NO WAY a photoshop guru But I am learning through trial and error. So here we go...(plz be kind )

These are actually kinda old, I made them when Geass first started and I did them in ms paint (I know <_<) but I still like them and they were some of the very few things I made in ms paint that I liked. As you can see, there's no layering effect so the color isnt all that great.

Some with borders

Well if you couldnt tell from my avy, sig, quote, usertitle and location, I like Ghost Hunt This is alot of what my gallery is made up off since I actually had the raws to take screens from. All of these I did in adobe photoshop image ready so the color isnt as bad as the Geass ones, these are some early ones so again not that great.

Ghost Hunt is nice to practice on since Naru is so freaking pale you need to tweak the layers to make him look decent Im not gonna say Ive mastered it but my most recent stuff I made (not yet posted) does look a bit better then that
batch

For some reason this is still my fav icon Ive done of Naru so far. I think its the way the layers worked with the lighting in the background. JC Staff did a great job illuminating GH and this scene took place in the evening so a red background was cast on the characters slightly.

Ok thats all for now. Next time, icons with text!! Bet you all cant wait Any comments are welcome.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2010-04-08 at 18:06.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 13:26   Link #2
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Well sorry for the dbl post but no one commented Well last time I said Id have some icons with text but I really only have a few XD Took me a while to nail down how to do animation with text.
These were my first attempts with text, again not very good.

The last one Im actually thinking of redoing since I like that icon alot and I think I could make it better now. Here's more with better use of text and stroke.

Animated text

Ok next post will be back to regular non-text icons. Again any comments are welcome ^^
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2007-09-05 at 10:46.
Old 2007-06-13, 13:44   Link #3
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Well sorry for the dbl post but no one commented
How could we be so mean to hurt an ojousama's feelings

Quote:
(to all whom didn't replied): Sakujo!

To your works, it's hard to make good looking works while using MS paint.
You should definitely go for versions with borders as they're certainly look better than the borderless ones. My favs are those of Mikami (sakujo!)

If you allow me a small criticism, try not to include two characters into the same icon if they're far away in the original sequence. That's because it would require a large crop, and once resized, the characters will become very small (examples: the 7 last avatars before the final one of Naru on the first post).
Anyway, I see improvements in the second post, considering you have Paint as program. Again, borders, borders, borders ! ^^

I also see you have quite an obsession for bishounen ^^ , though it's not that surprising, I'm surprised not to see any Yuuichi here
Old 2007-06-13, 13:49   Link #4
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

LOL comment right here (hope its not too late )

Hehe nice static sigs; I'm not a photoshop guru either but I can see some great works Keep it up
Old 2007-06-13, 13:59   Link #5
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post

LOL!

Quote:
To your works, it's hard to make good looking works while using MS paint.
You should definitely go for versions with borders as they're certainly look better than the borderless ones. My favs are those of Mikami (sakujo!)
Just so you know, I only did the Geass ones in paint, at the start of the GH ones I said I switched to Adobe, didnt know if you saw that.
Quote:
If you allow me a small criticism, try not to include two characters into the same icon if they're far away in the original sequence. That's because it would require a large crop, and once resized, the characters will become very small (examples: the 7 last avatars before the final one of Naru on the first post).
Uguu~~ I know <_< I made those as a req for some on one of the GH comms who req Naru x Mai icons, only problem is its hard to find screens where they are standing next to eachother. I normally dont make icons with more then 1 person in it unless they are right next to eachother.

Quote:
Anyway, I see improvements in the second post, considering you have Paint as program. Again, borders, borders, borders ! ^^
Haha, I have a love/hate relationship with borders, for some reason I like GH icons w/o them but I did use them in several Ouran icons I made but havent posted yet. So Ill try to make some GH ones with borders
Quote:
I'm surprised not to see any Yuuichi here
Thats because I didnt take any screens from Kanon and when I wanted one I just posted in it in the Kanon thread

Thanks for the comments Pelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climber
Hehe nice static sigs; I'm not a photoshop guru either but I can see some great works Keep it up
Thanks, Im trying to learn the basics and applying them since I like making icons to much.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-06-13, 18:08   Link #6
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

You should make a Cornelia one with border! If you do can I use it? I simply love her!

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 18:26   Link #7
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
thats one word that i will never forget XD

wow now even WMB has joined the rising trend as expected from a naru fangirl *nods*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 18:31   Link #8
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
Quote:

NO!!!!! i don't wanna be eliminated... i'll be good... i'll reply...

@manju:
hehe, nice little spread u got... i like the added bits of comedy to your second set... good stuff.. keep it coming.... and yea, i think u should upgrade to a better program too... ::EDIT:: oh wait, u did already? lol, nvm then... ::EDIT:: either way, nicely done...

k thxs...
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 20:24   Link #9
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Miko View Post
You should make a Cornelia one with border! If you do can I use it? I simply love her!
Made 2, the first one is the orginal with a border added, second one has some layers to it. Glad you liked them.

@Killz: yeah Naru did get me into this trend XD Im hoping to get good enough where I can actually have the graphic designer title under my name

@darkjester: haha glad you like my bits of comedy, I try Thanks for the comments!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-06-22, 14:10   Link #10
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Update!!

Ok kinda mixed it up with this post XD And I again I lied about what this post would be about XD Said before itd be non-text icons...I was wrong

The Vampire Knight avy/sig was a crop job only with a bit of layering. Only complaint is on the sig I cant get rid of the crease from the org scan of it, since I didnt scan it.

Close up on Kaname

Youll also notice I like Ouran alot, especially Tamaki

A few from Narutaru
Hoshimaru is just too cute

Made a few Friends Only banners for lj

Ok next post.....yep you guessed it, more Ghost Hunt!! (this time Im not lying ) I hope Pelli notices me use of borders for most of the icons
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-07-12, 11:58   Link #11
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
I hope Pelli notices me use of borders for most of the icons
Nope, I didn't forget about you, actually this reply was just delayed

I think that with the borders your works looks definitely better, don't they?
The first crop sign is very cute, too bad it has those weird signs from the scans. You still make too many male avatars for my tastes
And yay for Narutaru! I liked that series, it was impressive.. on many levels. Odd subjects you chose there ..

but Hoshimaru is cute indeed!

Keep up the good work * . You know, it's always hard at the beginning.

*and make more females avatars. I made Yuuichi for you XD j/k
Old 2007-07-12, 12:15   Link #12
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Haha I had to edit my post since I was gonna bump it but then Pelli posted xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelli
I think that with the borders your works looks definitely better, don't they?
I agree it does in most cases my problem comes from me forgetting to add a border when I start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelli
You still make too many male avatars for my tastes
And yay for Narutaru! I liked that series, it was impressive.. on many levels. Odd subjects you chose there
Haha sorry XD When Geass starts up again Ill make more female ones probably. Course Higu 2 is out too!
As for Narutaru, I have yet to finish the series, still tracking down the last 3 epis but I like the frames for those 3 icons and yes Hoshimaru is kawaii!! Thanks for the comments! and for posting so I didnt do another dbl post

As I stated in my last post, there will be GH icons again!

I think of all those I like the last one the best. Sakauchi just looked really cool in that frame.

Made this for a different forum so its obv not 100x100 But I like my crop job. Its from the GH dvd vol 1 cover.

Couple of Ren from KnS

I got into this weird phase a few weeks ago after listening to the song "My Weakness" by Moby. I suddenly made lots of icons XD Mostly of dream!naru and a few varations on text and layout

I liked the text better in ver2 but the wording in ver3 so I use that one on lj

Also did one on Tamaki which I also use on lj and its my avy on AO

This was a bday gift for a friend who's obsessed with Tsukimori from La Corda

An just cuz I loved Ceres expression in this frame, had to make an avy xD

Again comments are welcome!! I need all the help I can get
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-07-13, 19:20   Link #13
herbert

Well-done, madam, they are stunningly beautiful. But why don't you make some from currently ongoing series instead of just Ouran and GH. That would make more ppl interested.
Old 2007-07-16, 11:39   Link #14
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Well-done, madam, they are stunningly beautiful. But why don't you make some from currently ongoing series instead of just Ouran and GH. That would make more ppl interested.
Why thank you ^_^. I posted that Ouran and GH ones since thats what I had on file but Ive been a bit obsessed with Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (if you hadnt noticed XD) so I made icons of epi 2 (along with some more GH ones)

I didnt realize when I was taking screens that I took so many of the girls XD

Few more GH ones.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-08-30, 16:05   Link #15
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Small update. Im currently doing icons for a few ongoing series, Zombie-Loan, Mononoke and even more for SZS so here they are.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

This one was made for random_passerby

Zombie-Loan

Mononoke, I wasnt too happy with the layering I did on the MedSeller here <_< but Ive made more icons lately I think he looks better now. So these were my first attempts...

Cropped some CLAMP scans into icons

Again comments are welcome. Id really like to know if Im improving at all since my first post ^^ Also I finally got the courage to add "graphic designer" next to my username XD
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-08-30, 16:29   Link #16
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

I don't think there is anything wrong with the avatars. There good as they are now. But you could always add some effects to it to make it more appealing to the eye.
You can also just save them as a jpeg to maintain max quality. Though i don't see any quality lose atm.

Just that some avatars like this.

Are a bit empty. Avatars are already so small. And when losing half the size for a empty background. I feel it's a bit wasted(imho). And i think you improved with the text in avatar. I like the last 2 with text more than the previous one. The big stroke around the text in your older avatars wasn't to pretty imho.

Just keep going at what you enjoy to do, and you will get better at it.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 16:22   Link #17
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Just that some avatars like this.

Are a bit empty. Avatars are already so small. And when losing half the size for a empty background. I feel it's a bit wasted(imho). And i think you improved with the text in avatar. I like the last 2 with text more than the previous one. The big stroke around the text in your older avatars wasn't to pretty imho.

Just keep going at what you enjoy to do, and you will get better at it.
I see what you mean, that icon wasnt my fav but the scene was important so I tried my best to make a decent icon of it. I try to stay away from more then 1 person in an icon unless they are close, as in facing or backtoback, to eachother.

Thanks for the info

Mmmm k, where were we XD Ok well Ive been playing around with selective color on adobe trying to make the icons color seem better, along with Brightness and Saturation levels. I think these were my first attempts at it.
All these are from the Ouran ps 2 game. Btw I know the 1st & 3rd one dont have borders....I forgot to set the stroke on those XD

I hadnt quite figured out a good techinque when I did the Ouran ones but I was happy with how they turned out for the time being, I liked them more then the other vers I had of the same icons...color wasnt as good.

Im actually not a fan of La Corda that much but the scans from the game are still pretty to look at So I made icons

My 2nd attempt at the Medcine Seller from Mononoke, I liked this much better then the first set I did.

Next time Ill probably unload the rest of my ZL icons, just waiting for the sub to come out since I made icons of epi 11

Comments are always helpful
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-09-14, 02:48   Link #18
geki~
noLife
*Artist

I really really like the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei icons.
geki~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 16:02   Link #19
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

@geki~ why thank you, SZS is fun to iconize.
Hmmm let's update this shall we??

Zombie-Loan icons (Im partly blaming LKK-sensei for this... I never set out to iconize ZL that much but she was also doing and it rubbed off on me...and if she ever sees this Im dead!!)

The 3rd from last icon of Shito is my fav, I really hit pay dirt on that one I think. Yes I know they dont have borders...honestly I always forget to add them :3

These were done from scans.

And whats this thread without alittle Ghost Hunt!

Firo from Baccano! happily joined my bishie list and you gotta love guys in hats

Even an animated one

Next time will be more Mononoke and SZS and I just started iconing Nougami Neuro. Again comments/critics/generally talking is welcome I mean come on! We're still on the first page here!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-10-22, 16:26   Link #20
Thrasher187
Spellcaster
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Thrasher187
Talking

Quote:
An just cuz I loved Ceres expression in this frame, had to make an avy xD

Again comments are welcome!! I need all the help I can get
Yes! A Hellsing avy! *adds to collection*

You're really improving from the first post. The "this is my weakness" animated avys were pretty good too, even though the text appeared to be a little grainy...

Well, keep up the good work!
Thrasher187 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags