AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 16:37   Link #2961
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
It really sounds like most of the other civilizations does not sound unhappy at being assimiliated. Maybe inidivdual-based civilization like humans are the exception rather than the rule in the galaxy afterall?

It seems that the ELS' reaction to "fighting back" was a notion they copied from humans. Woah, I did not expect that. It seems that they did something that humans found offensive and that they continued to fight afterthat was a mirror image of what humans did as opposed to a notion of theirs (wow talk about absorbing everything from the other civilisation; this beyond literal). I find this kind of interesting because it shows just how totally alien they are in their way of thinking in contrast to humans. A good idea by the people who thought of this, I have to give them credit.
Old 2011-04-22, 17:27   Link #2962
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So, the ELS never became hostile towards humans? At all?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 17:36   Link #2963
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
-After they left their planet, they went to find other planets similar to theirs. During their travels, they sense other QBW. This tells them that other intelligence life forms exist.

-They eagerly get into contact with these other QBW using life form. They were surprised that so many different life forms exist outside their planet. (The chinese translation seems to miss out 1 line. I think it says that ELS fuse with these new QBW using life forms and gain their knowledge)
What this tells me is that QBW isn't unique to humanity. Which raises the question of why a previous translation said the ELS had never encountered QBW before.
Old 2011-04-22, 17:53   Link #2964
kakakka

I remember in ELS flashback in the movie, there was a creature with golden irises like that of Innovators. I can't believe there some who still like to deny that...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 18:19   Link #2965
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I remember in ELS flashback in the movie, there was a creature with golden irises like that of Innovators. I can't believe there some who still like to deny that...
Well add me to that list of denial.

Mind showing me what you're talking about?
Old 2011-04-22, 18:24   Link #2966
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Golden irises does not an Innovator make.
Old 2011-04-22, 18:45   Link #2967
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah I don't remember any golden-eyed creature beyond Setsuna, Amia, Descartes, and Tieria in that movie as well.

EDIT: Nevermind. Spotted it. Lemme get a screenshot up.
Old 2011-04-22, 18:49   Link #2968
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Here it is:

Note that the eyes aren't Innovator-ish, and are more orange-colored anyway. There are a lot more creatures depicted, too.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2011-04-22 at 19:14.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 18:54   Link #2969
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
There are a lot more creatures depicted, too.
Would you mind posting screen caps of them as well? The movie discussion or alien threads will do if you think it doesn't belong here.
Old 2011-04-22, 19:02   Link #2970
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Does anyone happen to have HQ scans of all the chapters? Or at least the first chapter? >>;;
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 19:35   Link #2971
kakakka

^Bazookafied's forums has tons of large images, Homeless updates them whenever she wants/can: http://z11.invisionfree.com/gundam00/index.php

Quote:
Here it is:

Note that the eyes aren't Innovator-ish, and are more orange-colored anyway. There are a lot more creatures depicted, too.
The fact that their eyes were expressed/focused like that made me think that they are possibly like Innovators. And I'm not really attached about the minor/specific details as it was from scenes with overlapping images.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 21:11   Link #2972
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Here it is:

Holy shit....

What part of the movie was this?
Old 2011-04-22, 22:16   Link #2973
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
^Bazookafied's forums has tons of large images, Homeless updates them whenever she wants/can: http://z11.invisionfree.com/gundam00/index.php
I'm well aware of that place but I'm specifically looking for chapter 1 since all the others are ample size, more or less.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 22:34   Link #2974
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Holy shit....

What part of the movie was this?
It's during the part after Setsuna engages Quantum Burst, where he gets a barrage of mental images just before seeing the entire history of the ELS. It's one of those scenes where you need to pause the screen to see it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 00:33   Link #2975
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Is that the only visible creature you see?
Old 2011-04-23, 01:08   Link #2976
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Is that the only visible creature you see?
No, there are a wide range of others, including insects, deer, tentacles, something like Charybdis, and something that looks like some sort of multi-winged whale creature.

I'll post some screenshots of them in the Aliens thread tomorrow.
Old 2011-04-23, 09:19   Link #2977
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Here it is:

reminds me of the xenomorphs from Aliens for some reason, but with eyes & without fangs.....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 23:34   Link #2978
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

From the 00P File No. 21 "Swift Current" Physical Virtue chapter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
The development report for this chapter explains why particle virtue is adopted and some worries associated with this decision.

-Particle virtue is adopted after many rounds of combined combat practice with the other gundams. One of virtue’s mission is to protect the nadleeh underneath.

-Technicians prefer physical virtue, but veda made the decision based on the fact that it work the best with the other meisters. This cause them much worry as the job of preventing betrayers now rest on the uncompleted GN blades, increasing the urgency of their completions.

-This also means that the responsibility given to exia’s pilot has increased. If something happens to him, responding to the betrayer will be harder.

-If a betrayer interferes with the selection of exia’s pilot, then he may not have the qualities required of a meister. Even though all this may be wild assumption, the fact that exia’s pilot is selected after the change in person in charge of scouting meister, worries some.

-Veda rejected the use of both virtues by changing the equipment. This is due to insufficient manpower, design of Ptolemy and the fact that Nadleeh’s existence maybe exposed if the enemy realised the common point between the different equipment.
[EDIT]

00P File No. 5 - Crisis of Krung Thep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
Some info from the chapter

On the surface, Krung Thep is a civilian factory colony. It is finance by multiple companies to produce products that can only be made in space as well as R&D of new materials. The companies do not know that it is used to developed gundams. It is run by a rich businessman in HRL who is a CB agent. Only ships that transport raw materials and trade industrial goods go to krung Thep.

Main communication method between gundams is visual signals/signs. Information is transmitted by looking at the slight vibrations of the other gundam’s armour. It uses the vibration as a code. Compared to light signals/sign, this method can transmit more info. This is done to overcome the communication disruption due to spread of GN particles. The basic technology for this is done centuries ago.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-04-26 at 14:37.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 17:46   Link #2979
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

00P Intermission Chapter 1, 2 and 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
Some interesting stuff in chpt 1. It take place after chpt 15 i think.

-GN Sefer is being analysed to gauge the effectiveness of support unit.

-Hixar failed the gundam meister suitability test, thus he can only pilot support unit.

-During the conversion between Chall and Hixar, the topic of using gundam as support unit came up. Hixar also mention that there are too many gundams. These 2 things cause chall to think of a support unit consisting of gundams.

-The unit must be independent of CB. Ideally, it must also be easily abandon if it is in trouble. Taking the negative feeling associated with this into account, it should also be a secret unit within CB. Thus, fereshte was born.

Chpt 2

-Story takes place after chapter 16 I believe.

-Even though the Next Generation Development Technical Laboratory knows about the existence of gundam, they did not report this to higher authorities. They wish to capture the gundam so that they can claim the technology as their own. (This is also mention in other 00P chapters)

-Delphine knows that this is incorrect but goes along with it so that if they succeed, leonard can prove the value of super soldiers.

-The laboratory notices gundam’s existence when their agents were trying to capture allelujah.

-Chall then meets with both of them and ask why they are chasing the gundam. Even though delphine did not give a complete answer, chall was able to deduce that they are doing so not because they are following orders. She then decides that it is okay to leave them alone for now.

-The other 00P chapters state that as it is likely that the lab will not report this to the higher-up, hence keeping gundam’s existence a secret, there is no need for CB to go after them. CB will exterminate them if there are signs of them reporting it to the hgher-up.

Chpt 3

-Story take place after chapter 17 I believe.

-Eco is testing gundam astrea under 874’s watch. This is to prepare for the use of gundams in fereshte.

-The fact that Eco did not become a gundam meister but a backup instead shows that the selection mechanism is working fine. According to veda, more than half of the meister candidates will not be selected. If all are selected, then there must be interference somewhere.

-Generally, use of 0 gundam & plutone are avoided, due to suggestions from their original pilots. Emotionally driven request will not be rejected by veda as long as it does not hinder the mission.

-Even so, veda still decides to send both units to fereshte. This is done to handle unexpected situations. Veda is considering whether to send Rasiel over as its main purpose is reconnaissance not combat.

-Currently, the meister candidates are grave and hixar (grave did indicate that once he finishes what he is currently doing, he and hixar will join the group). The possibility of eco being selected is low. 874 also wishes to help the group if permitted by veda.

edit:added the last 2 chapters
Old 2011-04-30, 04:15   Link #2980
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Seems like Fereshte was attractive enough for soon-to-step-down Gundam meisters and spare pilots.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote