AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-11, 04:26   Link #461
sarahvonreese

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Okay, so I just finished Episode 2 and it was in fact pretty darn amazing.

I really only have one thing to put out there and it may or may not be significant (or even correct) but it's leading me down the path of believing whether or not there is magic Beatrice isn't the killer.

In both episodes one and two it's said that the way Beatrice gets into locked rooms is she turns into butterflies and slips through the cracks (In other words magic). But in episode 2 she states in red that there are no cracks in the doors when she's laying down the closed room rules for Battler. If there are no cracks then there's no way she could slip through them even with magic.
Actually,every episode (1-5) just turn the cow-bra-witch more and more innocent.
Old 2009-09-11, 23:09   Link #462
orangejuicetang

Does Lambda want Beato or Bern to win? At first it looks like she wants Beato, but later she appears and tells you that she would perfer Bern to win.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-09-12, 07:39   Link #463
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Uhm I wouldn't say she wants Bern to win, why you say so?

Old 2009-09-12, 14:29   Link #464
orangejuicetang

Just watching the end of the secret tea party, she says she decides to help you out, and that she wants to get the title of strongest witch back by defeating bern, but if bern loses, than that means that she needs to defeat beato to get that title back, ect, ect.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-09-12, 18:21   Link #465
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Just watching the end of the secret tea party, she says she decides to help you out, and that she wants to get the title of strongest witch back by defeating bern, but if bern loses, than that means that she needs to defeat beato to get that title back, ect, ect.
She wants Beato to win because she can defeat Beato easier than she can defeat Bern. Despite all her super paper talks the fact is Bern's power is a bad match for her, but defeating Beatrice would be way easier (as she stated with the rock-paper-scissors bit)
Old 2009-09-12, 19:14   Link #466
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

She has also stated that she wouldn't be satisfied if she took back her position from Beato. She wants to take it from Bern.

Old 2009-09-12, 19:43   Link #467
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I rest my case. She said she doesn't want Beato to win and she said she doesn't want Bern to win. She never said she wants anyone to win.

Old 2009-09-12, 23:14   Link #468
orangejuicetang

First she says that she wants beato to beat Bern, saying that she'll help Beato out, tell her Bern's weakness, anyone who's Bern's enemy is Lambda's ally, ect, ect. Than later, when their all gone, she goes and tells you, who are allied with Bern, that she would rather have Bern win, and tells you Beato's weakness. Oh, and that "I definitely won't forgive you if you make Bern cry" line that makes me wonder if Lambda's actually tsundere for Bern.

Old 2009-09-12, 23:41   Link #469
Graskell
invisible man

Since when did "I want to beat the crap out of Bern with my own hands" mean "I want Bern to win"?
Old 2009-09-13, 00:15   Link #470
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

That wasn't stated in Episode 2, so you can't discuss Lambda's role in this topic too much I don't think. D:

Old 2009-09-13, 00:30   Link #471
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graskell View Post
Since when did "I want to beat the crap out of Bern with my own hands" mean "I want Bern to win"?
Didn't she say something like "I'll support anyone who shows up as Bern's enemy"?

Old 2009-09-13, 00:38   Link #472
Travisaw
Just passing by...

Send a message via MSN to Travisaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
That wasn't stated in Episode 2, so you can't discuss Lambda's role in this topic too much I don't think. D:
oh, I didn't know.
I'll delete it right away.

~Travis
Old 2009-09-13, 01:06   Link #473
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
First she says that she wants beato to beat Bern, saying that she'll help Beato out, tell her Bern's weakness, anyone who's Bern's enemy is Lambda's ally, ect, ect. Than later, when their all gone, she goes and tells you, who are allied with Bern, that she would rather have Bern win, and tells you Beato's weakness. Oh, and that "I definitely won't forgive you if you make Bern cry" line that makes me wonder if Lambda's actually tsundere for Bern.
She doesn't say she would rather have Bern winning, she said she'd rather not have her losing. You are jumping to conclusion because you think if she doesn't want Bern to lose then she wants her to win, wrong. In chess there are three ways for the game to end not just two.

Old 2009-09-13, 01:11   Link #474
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
She doesn't say she would rather have Bern winning, she said she'd rather not have her losing. You are jumping to conclusion because you think if she doesn't want Bern to lose then she wants her to win, wrong. In chess there are three ways for the game to end not just two.
Since Beatrice is the "endless" witch there's also the possibility of no ending at all.
I don't think many readers would be too happy about that possibility though.
Old 2009-09-13, 01:12   Link #475
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

But it looks like Kadokawa Shoten thought that was a nice idea XD

Old 2009-09-13, 01:15   Link #476
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
But it looks like Kadokawa Shoten thought that was a nice idea XD
How many arcs are planned.... EIGHT...!
Old 2009-09-14, 09:45   Link #477
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
How many arcs are planned.... EIGHT...!
Yeah, but this series has different things happen each Episode.
Old 2009-11-09, 04:26   Link #478
Arbane the Terrible

I've been reading Episode 2 again, and I noticed some oddities. There's a bit that was cut from the anime, after Maria & Rosa met Beatrice in the garden. Rosa questions Maria about Beatrice, and doesn't like any of the answers she gets. (Maria's been meeting Beatrice every time she visits the island, and Beatrice lives there.)

Rosa's reactions ring a little false after what we found out in EP3, namely that
Spoiler for EP 3:

So... who was lying here? Maria? Rosa? (I've heard a reasonably convincing theory that she was behind at least some of the murders in this arc.) Or the narrator?
Old 2009-11-09, 09:03   Link #479
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Actually don't you think that knowing that there's even more of a reason for Rosa to doubt Maria's words?

anyway this discussion should go to Ep3 thread.

Old 2009-11-23, 05:25   Link #480
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I thought I would ask here cause I didn't really know where else to ask.

I recently replayed Episode 2 and I kinda don't understnd a certain thing.
Jessica gets seriously pissed at Battler being all lazy and taking a nap saying "It isn't his turn yet" I understand the scene so far but then Jessica gets also kinda depressive and looks out of the window and is saying something ike
Quote:
When she put her forehead against the glass, it seeemed the cool sensation chased away the memories she didn't want to remember.
"What do you mean it isn't your turn yet? Then when will you get up on the stage?" In that case who are you saying is the main character on the stage
?
Why?! I mean I can partly understand her getting pissed at Battler (well not really..she was a bit overdoing it a bit wasn't she? I mean let the poor Battler have his nap) but the whole getting depressed thing. Why all of sudden? Didn't get that... maybe I was to tired at that time but I dunno how to interpret the scene

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-11-23 at 05:53.
Closed Thread