AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-26, 02:22   Link #41
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Thumbs down. I don't think anime will do justice to Blade of Immortal set piece art beauty.

I have a feeling it is going to be waste of time too.
Old 2008-01-26, 13:18   Link #42
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Thumbs down. I don't think anime will do justice to Blade of Immortal set piece art beauty.

That's pretty narrow-minded. Or do you have some actual information behind your bias?
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 21:59   Link #43
Iron Fist
Ninja Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post

I disagree.
Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 17:02   Link #44
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Cherry View Post
That's pretty narrow-minded. Or do you have some actual information behind your bias?
It is called feel or instinct. The manga was awesome because the raw feeling is done well in the 2 page one panel styling which I don't think anime medium can translate well.
Old 2008-01-29, 09:42   Link #45
saravis

If they use a conventional art style then I would agree it wouldn't fare well, but if they use an art style to reflect the style and beauty of the manga, then I think it could be very successful. The fights in the manga are very well done and border on animated being that they are drawn with the flow of the action. It wouldn't take too much adjustment to transistion to animated form.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 11:16   Link #46
Ryo.Massaki

I am a big fan of the manga, and i am having doubt about the quality too, but i will judge this when i see the first chara designs.
I hope they go for a more fluent skribble-like style and NOT a standard style.
And no dumbing down please, i want all the disturbing and violent details.
Ryo.Massaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 02:03   Link #47
Drowning Instructor

The anime adaptation can be done successfully...so long as they have the budget and stay faithful to the manga.

Part of the allure of Blade of the Immortal for me is the brutality. Even though it is fantasy, if an event, battle or emotional scene feels like it could happen that way in real life, it does happen in the manga. No skimping corners in the graphic novel...so nothing in the anime should be short of what the books offer.

I am hoping for a long anime without chopped out parts. Breaking away from the original story usually breaks away from why people loved it in the first place.
Drowning Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 07:34   Link #48
Westlo
Lets be reality

There was like a fuck all chance of this being done justice in the first place

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...med-for-summer

But out of all the studios they go with Bee Train? You have to be fucking kidding me.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 08:01   Link #49
ZODDGUTS

Uh time to bail out people not much hope now unless Production IG helps out but that's unlikely.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 10:59   Link #50
Woland
Latin Rascal

And I was worried about a possible involvement of Gonzo... Be train and Mashimo, that's even worse. (And Mamiko Noto on Makie?! oh dear God, I so want to puke...)
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 11:09   Link #51
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

What's so bad about Be Train and Mashimo?
* Cats is clueless

Westlo: Isn't Bee Train responsible for the animation production of Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles?
Old 2008-03-23, 11:14   Link #52
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Koichi Mashimo is an extremely mediocre director. He isn't particularily atrocious, but he has a penchant for doing everything by the numbers.

His, and his studio's, main plus has always been the involvement of Yuki Kajiura, but his show are usually otherwise so tedious and uncreative, that it's simply not fun to watch them.

By the way, didn't the mangaka used to say that he'll never allow Blade of the Immortal to get animated? I mean, OK, they made him an offer he couldn't refuse, but since when is BeeTrain so irresistable?

Though, since BeeTrain is owned by Production I.G, I guess I could see where they've got the financial support.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 11:20   Link #53
andromeda0201

Glad to see I'm not the only one disappointed by this news....
Probably expect another extremely slow paced anime with a great soundtrack behind which would not match the scenes at all
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 11:29   Link #54
Westlo
Lets be reality

Inujun the majority of responses I've seen to the news of Bee Train doing the animation has ranged from lukewarm to outraged. I haven't seen one positive comment anywhere period so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Westlo: Isn't Bee Train responsible for the animation production of Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles?
Production I.G (who as MrProphet said owns Bee Train) where the ones to animate the Tsubasa OVAs. I honestly can't believe that Bee Train are doing this instead of I.G, I know I.G have a lot on their plate with 3 series in Spring plus the Sky Crawlers movie but I'm still pissed off at Bee Train doing it.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 12:14   Link #55
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
And I was worried about a possible involvement of Gonzo... Be train and Mashimo, that's even worse. (And Mamiko Noto on Makie?! oh dear God, I so want to puke...)
I agree with you about Bee Train, but you gotta give Mamiko Noto some credit. Witchblade was a HUGE step for her.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 12:32   Link #56
aardvark

This is almost comical I think.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 12:49   Link #57
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
BeeTrain
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 12:53   Link #58
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
rofl are we going to have the same kind of music as in avenger madlax noir etc etc that would totally fit the manga...
anyway a bit LOL @ beetrain
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 14:40   Link #59
Sheba
Must Bury Qiqi

Kou Ohtani did the awesome score of Shadow of Colossus. But Bee Train out of all studios?

/dies
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 16:56   Link #60
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
Inujun the majority of responses I've seen to the news of Bee Train doing the animation has ranged from lukewarm to outraged. I haven't seen one positive comment anywhere period so far.
I guess most people were hoping that if BOTI had to be made into an anime (meh), that there would be some attempts at a 'radical' or even 'trippy' adaptation. It doesn't look like that's going to happen now. It was vital they got the best animation production behind this, and I'm also disappointed it's ended up being BeeTrain. I'm not even a BeeTrain hater, I just don't see this as the sort of project where they'll excel.

The music is being done by the man who did Haibane Renmei and Blade of the Phantom Master. And I actually like his work, although I'm really hoping he does something different to the 'typical' feudal style soundtrack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland
And Mamiko Noto on Makie?! oh dear God, I so want to puke...
Don't rule Mami out. She's actually a much better seiyuu (in voice range) than most people give her credit for (Yamibou, Mnemosyne, Witchblade, Jigoku Shoujo).

Interesting that half of the cast of Bamboo Blade seems to be in this (which is ok, as that equates to some talent). I'm less than thrilled with the idea of Tomokazu Seki as Manji though.
Diodati is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen