AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2008-02-11, 12:58   Link #1
Crystal Blaze / Glass Maiden

12 episodes. Main broadcast on Chiba TV; repeaters somewhere up in UHF covering most of the nation, and it's already in overseas solicitation; Official Engrish trailer is here.

Production by Studio Fantasia, who are notable for involvement in old classics (A-ko 3, Final, Vs., subcontracting on Otaku no Video and Gunbuster), old things that used to be considered classic (Nuku-Nuku), and new... not so classics (Aika, Stratos Four, the Yukikaze spinoff where the planes were girls).

Staffwise, director, script, and character designer are the same as Saikano, with Tomioka Atsuhiro, the writer for Samurai 7 and Ray, also being involved. In addition, mechanical design is by Kagawa Hisashi (Soukou no Strain, Stratos Four,) who's also covering art direction; sound direction is Kameyama Toshiki (Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei, Hidamari Sketch, Nanoha Strikers)

Characters are: Shuu (Miki Shin'ichiro, Gundam 00 "Lockon Stratos"), Akira (Ueda Yuji, Rurouni Kenshin "Sagara Sanosuke"), Manami (Arai Satomi, Z Gundam theatrical "Fa Yuiri", Ayaka (Takahashi Mikako, Honey and Clover "Yamada Ayumi"), Sara (Kobayashi Yu, Negima "Sakurazaki Setsuna"), Porilin (Rokkaku Seiji, apparently was in live-action Train Man), Kitoh (Inoue Norihiro, Master Keaton "Keaton"), Kirie (Sawashiro Miyuki, SZS "Sekiutsu Maria Taro"), "Sensei" (Maruyama Eiji, Moyashimon "Sawaki's grandfather"), Monica (Itoh Miki, Dragonball Z "Android 18"), Sophia (Chiba Saeko, Mai-Hime "Natsuki Kreuger"), Lawrence (Kusumi Naomi, Guardian of the Sacred Spirit "Mon"), JJ (Takahashi Hiroki, Death Note "Stephan Giovanni").

Originally Posted by official site's introduction
A corner of near-future Asia.
A world where through the manipulations of national governments, freedom and eqality have been established as mere pretenses.
"The Trash City" Lags Town, an assemblage of all peoples composed of those whose lives have burned out.

This tale, playing out in the symbol of false glory, Lags Town, is a near-future detective story shown through gun action and sexy action.

The Lags Town Jack-of-all-trades "S&A Detective Agency".
Its members are Shu, who stands against the powers that be through pulse-pounding incidents even though it's forced him out of society, and Akira, a complicated, beautiful young man.
And the young detectives-in-training, high school girls Manami and Ayaka.

Unfulfilled, Shu lives day-to-day as a detective, when he meets the amnesiac heroine Sara. Investigating an incident which rocks Lags Town, he takes new steps forward with friends who accept his past.
That drama plays out in a hard-boiled and stylish detective story, symbolised by the Smith and Wesson model 29 and the '80 Trans Am.

During discussions between Shu's actor Miki and producer Tsukino, the concept of "creating an animation that stirs real emotion, which even adults can enjoy" was struck upon.
Through the twists and turns of the five years since production began, with attention to script quality and character design, Miki's wish has been met.
Also, through further discussion with Miki, special attention has been paid to his feedback on particular castings and art.

The director, known for her work on "Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team: Miller's Report" (1998) and OVA version "She, the Ultimate Weapon" (2002), is Kase Atsuko.
Animation production will be handled by the source of many original hits such as "Stratos Four" and "AIKA R-16", Studio Fantasia.
Apart from these, famous actors such as Ueda Yuji, Sawashiro Miyuki, and Kobayashi Yu are lending their talent to enhance the distinctive personalities of the characters.
As well, the stage and television actor Rokkaku Seiji debuts as a voice actor, playing Porilin, the mama of a crossdresser bar in the city's seedy underbelly.
Possibly cool, but probably pure fangirl bait.
Mandoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 13:26   Link #2
Excessively jovial fellow
Official page (Japanese):

I wonder why they chose to have two official English titles for it.

(hi fellow ADTRW poster :V)
| ffmpegsource
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 23:24   Link #3
Promo video here

or watch this:

Looks pretty good.

Last edited by Kaijin; 2008-04-22 at 19:40.
Kaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 15:09   Link #4
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi
I'm not sure what to think, but I'll certainly be here next week. A mystery. Some action. Decent animation. Some good (and some over-the-top) voice-acting from Takahashi Mikako and Arai Satomi. Miki Shinichirou's voice just great.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 23). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino).
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 11:27   Link #5
This looked like a trainwreck to me, mostly because Manami was so annoying. I will give it a try if a sub appears soon due to the cast being full of seiyuu that I like but I don't have big hopes.
'The world we live in is always in darkness.'
'Yes, and that is why we seek light.'

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 14:58   Link #6
Waiting for more taiyuki!
I definitely have to get used to Manami. I'm also tuning in next week to see how it goes.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 12:59   Link #7
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I'm surprised not many people have commented here

ep 1

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 18:34   Link #8
So ummmmm, is it jsut me or does it kinda look like speed grapher
negativeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 08:03   Link #9
MMmmmm Bacon~~~
the 1st episode was so so, it's hard to see whats gonna be like... it's beginning of the april, almost every show will be subbed, once the fansbs determine which ones are popular and which ones suck, they will stop subbing for the crappy shows.
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 02:46   Link #10
Yeah I didn't like Manami too, she made this episode fail a bit.
Even then, I think it has potential, like the jazzy blues feel of the OP and ED.
Still not totally sure about the whole premise but heres hoping they manage to make it a good mystery action flick within 13 episodes
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 21:07   Link #11
Oh, a sub has been released by Hitode-AnimeSS
I'll take a look at episode 1 and see how this one turns out.
Kaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 21:58   Link #12
Go go awkward extended censorship...Felt like the smoke coming from the car at the end was less from any damage inflicted and more for the need to concoct a way to continue to keep her covered.

Wasn't too horrible overall though...Nice OP/ED songs and some of the dialog in the first half was snappy. Kinda dragged in the second half though...Guess it gets the old SOP of 3 episodes before come to any judgments.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 22:18   Link #13
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
The intro seems good enough though, don't cha think so? ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 00:58   Link #14
Genma Killer
lawl , this feel very very much like a city Hunter remake.

other than that ep 1 was interesting , I just regret nobody has given Manami a slap , because she freakin deserve it !
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 04:23   Link #15
I'll watch this if I can get a confirmation that Manami will die (or leave) at some point. Her voice is so annoying.

Anyway as for the episode it self, the first 3 minutes (not counting the opening) was definitely interesting but after that, not so much.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 04:48   Link #16
Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
the first ep was o.k,
nothing special yet but theres a chance for some proper story..
the annoying girl is pretty much the only minus thus far..

should mention that while it's not technically written anywhere this anime is pretty much a gonzo production, that is almost all the staff is from gonzo..
thats why the animation style and artwork probably reminded people of some of gonzo's productions..
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 06:36   Link #17
Loyal Haruhist.
I was under the impression that it was supposed to be a serious show.

I guess I was wrong.It looks like a standard detective story with boring comedy.
"Politics always takes vengeance on those who belittle it."
Julian Minci, Legend of the galactic heroes .
ZeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 06:46   Link #18
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post
I was under the impression that it was supposed to be a serious show.

I guess I was wrong.It looks like a standard detective story with boring comedy.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I found this to be pretty disappointing; I was hoping for something fairly hard edged- not that I mind the comedy - but this was a terrible mish-mash of styles that committed to nothing and ended up failing at everything. The poor animation didn't help much either.

I might give episode two a look but only if I've run out of stuff to watch. Which doesn't seem likely to happen as this season is pretty crammed full already.
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 08:23   Link #19
Gundam Meister
Send a message via MSN to _Setsuna_
Mmh i have watched only the trailer and,frankly,i'm not really impressed..atm i'm DL the first episode hoping to see something cool ^^
_Setsuna_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 20:01   Link #20
Affably Evil
Manami has the most annoying voice ever. Literally, in all anime I've ever watched, it is by far the most annoying.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote