AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2009-01-06, 16:46   Link #1301
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Well, ToraDora! returns tomorrow, 25h45, JST - accordingly to episode 13, of course.
qwerty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 16:54   Link #1302
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Good, now we have something to talk about.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 17:28   Link #1303
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Well, for how many episodes Taiga maintains that smile on her cute face?
Old 2009-01-06, 17:31   Link #1304
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

What smile
I think she will till the end
Old 2009-01-07, 01:25   Link #1305
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty_ View Post
Well, for how many episodes Taiga maintains that smile on her cute face?
I think she will lose that smile about 2 minutes into the episode.
Old 2009-01-07, 01:30   Link #1306
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
I think she will lose that smile about 2 minutes into the episode.
Just because she reverts to her usual way of behaving does not negate character development.

People do not change easily. It takes HUGE, HUGE emotional upheavals for anyone to change.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 02:11   Link #1307
wistfulloner

Her smile will give way to her usual smirks and grins, when she goes back to her usual self.

Nah, they're just discussing how long she'll still look like an angel for, not if it changes Taiga's character.
wistfulloner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 16:32   Link #1308
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Her smile will give way to her usual smirks and grins, when she goes back to her usual self.

Nah, they're just discussing how long she'll still look like an angel for, not if it changes Taiga's character.
Well said.

And as this anime is on gear 6, Taiga's development in these 13 episodes so far is pretty impressive.
Old 2009-01-11, 06:11   Link #1309
TobiaSR32
Jedi Familiar

Send a message via Yahoo to TobiaSR32
I think it wears off for the most part once she opens her mouth lol
TobiaSR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 11:19   Link #1310
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Seems like a DVD-only extra. More info and images, here.

The 1st DVD is out now, how'd this turn out? Also, did they add anything new to the first four episodes or was it just animation clean-up?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 22:00   Link #1311
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

Ep. 16

The high school drama was spot on in my opinion. Kitamaru sure suprised me.

cdk
cdkobasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 15:56   Link #1312
CocoWawa

episode 17

Ep 17, I liked it... Was it just me or was there a slight increase of fanservice in this one?

Last edited by CocoWawa; 2009-01-30 at 16:24. Reason: Doh, there is a whole thread for episode 17 :P Ill just move tho most of this one... hurr hurr
CocoWawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 16:23   Link #1313
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

eh???? the reason it is "quiet" is that people are commenting in the episode threads next door in this subforum You're in the "wrong bar pub"

See episodes 15, 16, and 17 threads in the Toradora subforum.
Old 2009-02-10, 10:01   Link #1314
Peanutbutter

Any news regarding Taiga-tan?

Just seen the stuff about Shana-tan, Index-tan etc, though I didn't catch either of those series, it greatly interests me.

Taiga-tan will be awesome, since I'll appreciate whatever parodies they come up with.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 12:23   Link #1315
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Any news regarding Taiga-tan?

Just seen the stuff about Shana-tan, Index-tan etc, though I didn't catch either of those series, it greatly interests me.

Taiga-tan will be awesome, since I'll appreciate whatever parodies they come up with.
I don't know if it'll necessarily happen, because those "-tan" videos are (IIRC) for Geneon-published J.C.Staff shows only as a pre-order/first-press bonus along with all the other bonus content on the disc (they usually ship with discs 1 and 5). Toradora! is published by King Records, and I don't see any sign that they comissioned this sort of omake for this show. Both shows are originally published by ASCII MediaWorks, which is why you see some cross-over, but extras still related to the tangled web of publishers and producers involved. So basically, because this isn't a Geneon show, I don't think there'll be a "Taiga-tan".
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 01:18   Link #1316
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't know if it'll necessarily happen, because those "-tan" videos are (IIRC) for Geneon-published J.C.Staff shows only as a pre-order/first-press bonus along with all the other bonus content on the disc (they usually ship with discs 1 and 5). Toradora! is published by King Records, and I don't see any sign that they comissioned this sort of omake for this show. Both shows are originally published by ASCII MediaWorks, which is why you see some cross-over, but extras still related to the tangled web of publishers and producers involved. So basically, because this isn't a Geneon show, I don't think there'll be a "Taiga-tan".
Oh, okay, I thought there was gonna be one. Looks like I'm not reading those Sankaku articles closely enough.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 01:56   Link #1317
donoghu

Just watched episode 19...

The main dilema which will surely follow until the end is officially "framed".
(Before, we had the idea about Taiga's and Minori's feelings and weren't sure about why Minori happened to move away from the crew which she normally full of joy about behing with. Now, all is clear)

Spoiler for What I think about what's coming...:
donoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 02:19   Link #1318
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If you'll scan the subforum, you'll find that there's a thread for each episode.... you might rather publish your thoughts over in the Episode 19 thread.

These "generic" threads are the leftover thread from when the series only warranted one thread instead of its own whole subforum.

Be aware though that some of the followers of the series are rather staunch and passionate about their ideas
Old 2009-02-14, 05:46   Link #1319
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Be aware though that some of the followers of the series are rather staunch and passionate about their ideas
Which would be a problem for some forumers to have some fun and liberty in discussing about the current episodes at hand.

For the current time being I don't care much about the recent episodes thread + character discussions other than to look for spoilers. And I'm trying to be careful not to pull some gags for myself for even the "(supposedly) most tearjerking" moments in Toradora. Of course, who likes it when you're grinning/smirking/laughing over a serious matter?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 08:30   Link #1320
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Which would be a problem for some forumers to have some fun and liberty in discussing about the current episodes at hand.

For the current time being I don't care much about the recent episodes thread + character discussions other than to look for spoilers. And I'm trying to be careful not to pull some gags for myself for even the "(supposedly) most tearjerking" moments in Toradora. Of course, who likes it when you're grinning/smirking/laughing over a serious matter?
Well, I browsed some of the episode threads, and was instantly reminded of last year's True Tears sub-forum — full of angst-ridden 'shipping, and barely any real critique of the series' strengths and weaknesses. But that's inevitable with shows such as Toradora!, and some people probably enjoy the grand regatta as much as watching the show itself.

For my part, it's clear from the outset who the eventual couple would be. The other females in the cast play a supporting role in expanding the story's main theme: the simple fact that people, in real life, often hide their true feelings behind social masks.

Taiga, despite her lolicious looks, is a pocket-full of seething rage far removed from her cute, innocent-looking appearance. Minori hides deep insecurities behind her mask of energetic youth. And the fake and manipulative Ami is also, ironically, the most perceptive one of them all at the same time. Perhaps because she's been a pretender her whole life, she knows a fellow fake when she sees one.

All three want to be understood and accepted for who they really are, just like Ryuuji and Yuusaku, but are at the same time afraid of revealing their true personalities. Heh, in a way, the premise of this show is a perfect fit for a Persona video game!

In short, I'd say that Toradora! is an excellent series that breaks the usual mould of high-school/harem dramas. It's got humorous, lovable characters that mirror real-life issues better than most other such shows. Inevitably, there will be those who would say the light novels are better (I've never read them, and am unlikely to do so), but be that as it may, I'd say the anime already stands out as a highly polished product on its own merits.

A worthwhile watch indeed.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen