AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-25, 21:13   Link #161
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well something I found out also, is this awesome news! for a live action this is def something I'd love to see!
Yesss~!

By the way, I totally hope the preppy freshman girl will get a bigger role to play (hint: crush on Shinagawa) because it totally like, has to happen!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 21:38   Link #162
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Yesss~!

By the way, I totally hope the preppy freshman girl will get a bigger role to play (hint: crush on Shinagawa) because it totally like, has to happen!
I think its already happening

For guys who read raw or chinese scan here, I have a questions though. We have gone for only over half of the raw material so far, and already 2 years have passed in the manga. In what context would the story happen in the rest of the manga? Would their senior year be much condense than the years before before, or would the story go on to their lives in college?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 10:07   Link #163
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for 73-74:
Old 2010-03-07, 10:59   Link #164
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for 73-74:
Then maybe he should ask some delinquent girl who's sitting on the toilet for help on any occasion
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 11:23   Link #165
ReddyRedWolf

I found it amusing Izumi and Chiba dumbfounded by Shinigawa's revelation.

Only he and Rinka know that Hana was a yankee.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 14:24   Link #166
Lypiphera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
I think its already happening

For guys who read raw or chinese scan here, I have a questions though. We have gone for only over half of the raw material so far, and already 2 years have passed in the manga. In what context would the story happen in the rest of the manga? Would their senior year be much condense than the years before before, or would the story go on to their lives in college?
Where the current raws are at (volume 16 and onwards), Shinagawa & co are still in their senior year. I don't know if Yoshikawa-sensei will continue with college, although
Spoiler for ch.155:

Anyway, is there ANYONE out there with a command of the Japanese language interested in translating this faster? Even with that new group working on this, it's not like the speed has increased all that much. I would love to churn out weekly chapters (I'd do all the editing) and release in bulk when time permits, so that we could finally catch up to the Japanese releases. Seriously, this series needs more love.
Lypiphera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 10:18   Link #167
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for 75-77:
Old 2010-04-11, 13:38   Link #168
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Whoa new chapters came out faster!
Spoiler for 78-80:
Old 2010-04-11, 16:24   Link #169
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Ch 75-77: The drama girl is a cutie~

Ch 78-80: Shinagawa is totally a charismatic hero. I bet he'll make a comeback to awe us all after that downer cliffhanger. For an "outcast" delinquent he sure knows how to lead. "He's so dreamy!" lol.

As a side note, one thing I really really like about this manga compared to most other school manga out there -- especially the countless shoujo school life manga -- is how the yankee main character has befriended such diverse people as computer club geeks, metro guys, fellow yankees, a preppy girl, drama club girl, etc. It's such a positive message in a genre usually full of cliques and other nasty stuff.
Old 2010-04-11, 17:14   Link #170
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

the sports fest could easily become one of my favorite arcs, I'm looking forward to see how this turns out... well with some "what the..." joke of course

I loved how it actually didn't show white team's performance but left it a well-placed void, that's quality story-telling to me.
Old 2010-04-11, 20:28   Link #171
Wrath88
Kissing...

Pretty interesting arc, seeing how Shinagawa reacts when he's left with the short end of the stick.
Old 2010-05-16, 10:49   Link #172
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for 81-83:
Old 2010-05-16, 11:01   Link #173
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Up through 86 is out now. Is it just me or is Adachi way out of character for this sports fest? She's become an arrogant jerk during the whole thing.
Old 2010-05-16, 13:58   Link #174
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I'm really astonished at how the author manages to transform something as trivial as a sports festival cheering contest into an amazing epic story like that.

seriously, this series is not getting even close the attention it deserves but I guess slow and irregular scanlations are to blame for, which doesn't mean I blame the scanlators, I'm glad at least someone's working on this.
Old 2010-05-16, 16:16   Link #175
coren

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Up through 86 is out now. Is it just me or is Adachi way out of character for this sports fest? She's become an arrogant jerk during the whole thing.
I thought this as well. Also, it seems like she's becoming less and less important as the story goes on. She's more like a secondary character now.
coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 19:42   Link #176
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

If only my school's sports fest was half as epic!

- The way the mangaka brought in the preppy girl was unexpected. And lol @ her being all tsun on Shinagawa.
- Makoto's jealous of Chiba holding another girl! Looks like it's not all one-sided after all.
- Way to put Izumi up as a dangerous opponent. Two epic poses in a single chapter (85)! Even when his team's losing spirit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven
I'm really astonished at how the author manages to transform something as trivial as a sports festival cheering contest into an amazing epic story like that.
It reminds me a bit of Negima's epic festival arc (which to me was the series' high point) actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I think deep down she's just having fun messing with Shinagawa as always, something which she's done since the very beginning. Of course, Adachi being Adachi, she doesn't know when to stop so she comes off as a bit of an arrogant jerk to us readers.

And yeah the spotlight's not on her much for a while now. I don't particularly mind, though; for me Shinagawa has always been the real star and the people currently around him are just as fun to watch.
Old 2010-05-16, 20:36   Link #177
Who

This little arc just keeps getting better and better. I kinda wish I wasn't a "Shinigawa" back in high school and actually participated in these types of things.

And apparently, the J-drama version of this series is out now. Must go watch it sometime.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 21:18   Link #178
Wrath88
Kissing...

The change in Adachi shows that she's not as my-pace as she's been shown in the past chapters, since the red-white team polarization affects her. Though seriously, what's with couples breaking up just because they're on opposite teams?
Old 2010-05-16, 22:30   Link #179
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yeah, honestly, I was getting tired of the same ol' slapstick of this series since.... well, Shinagawa became a good strong member of the stuCo, but this arc refreshes the same ol formula into something different. Seeing focus shift from the stuCo to the red team's primary members makes things feel new(which in this case equals exciting). Too bad it won't last forever.

I think my fav parts so far have been Rinka's little admiration of Shina bringing everyone together, seeing the oddballs Shina's dealt with be placed into the forefront, Anna's little relationship with Shina(after she became a part of the team), and people from the white team watch the red team having fun practicing at night(that 2 pg spread was simply excellent).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 04:32   Link #180
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's an ad of the TV Drama

Tags
shonen