AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-22, 19:19   Link #2301
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
7 days for 4 girls. Keima is really running with time right now.
7 days is just the limit for one goddess. Diana just needs help to pull out the knife, she doesn't need everyone to be reunited immediately. I'd imagine the other three will each get their own arc, and it's quite likely that at least one hasn't been met yet.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 20:06   Link #2302
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Imma go with, 1 in school, 1 who isn't there anymore (Nagase, Karate Girl's sister, Sumire) and a last one that hasn't been shown yet.

oh and we have another one, imma just let myself get suprised ^_-. Hopefully a new one. This manga needs moar chapters!
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 20:27   Link #2303
Westlo
Lets be reality

So for the last four goddesses... just guessing..

Ayumi (Hinted @ quite a bit)
<Another school girl> (Chihiro, Yui, Tsukiyo, Shiori, Minami)
<Girl out of school> (Nagase, Sumire, Hinoki, Nanaka)
<New character>

Mio and Kusunoki pretty much ruled out, Rieko is very unlikely imo as well. I think the timing of which goddess gets revealed is another thing to factor, for example if there was a goddess from the out of school group and she was the one found in this arc than Hinoki's chances are very slim since she was just in the previous arc and she went overseas. But if that goddess was revealed last or second last there's always a chance.

Hmm I'll go with Ayumi, Chihiro, Nagase + new girl for the final 4. Would be weird if Chihiro was the only one of the "teaching" arc not to have a goddess, Nagase I'm just biased to and she links with Nikaido too and a new girl just feels right to be one of them. Only thing against Chihiro is that she's got a secured role due to the band as well as being in the class so there's no need for her to be a goddess to keep her in the story... and also 3 goddesses in the same class is a bit much...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 20:36   Link #2304
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
I like that Keima's core group had come to consist of Elsea, Hakua, and Tenri/Diana. I can't say that I favor any one in particular to be his "main" girl, but that's because I love the three equally, especially for how their differences contribute something special to Keima's life that I consider indispensible now that they're there. Love Elsea's goofball cute antics, Hakua's Tsundere disposition that we got from Mio only too briefly, and the dual personality in Tenri/Diana (though Diana is certainly the one I more prefer). For some reason, and I can't really explain why, but I would like for Ayumi to join that core group.
Accordingly to latest anime episode, sharing a secret strengthen their bonds

Btw, Tenri is too obedient. If Diana do not help out, she will becomes the most passive girl ever(it's not like i mind)... So Diana x Tenri forever as partner is what i looks for for the ending. Unlike Apollo and Kanon (mostly due to the time spending with each other), these two hold each other quite dearly, and clearly won't be able to live apart from each other
Old 2010-10-22, 20:51   Link #2305
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Hmm I'll go with Ayumi, Chihiro, Nagase + new girl for the final 4. Would be weird if Chihiro was the only one of the "teaching" arc not to have a goddess, Nagase I'm just biased to and she links with Nikaido too and a new girl just feels right to be one of them. Only thing against Chihiro is that she's got a secured role due to the band as well as being in the class so there's no need for her to be a goddess to keep her in the story... and also 3 goddesses in the same class is a bit much...
I'm amused you use these points to rule out Chihiro while at the same time saying Ayumi is the most likely when Ayumi has the exact same points against her. In the band, Keima's class mate. That's the main reason I don't think Chihiro or Ayumi is likely. Kanon was Keima's classmate but rarely was around.

It's the main reason I think Shiori is very likely because I don't think since her arc we've seen her again have we?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 21:08   Link #2306
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Elsee x Fire Truck is more like it.
The image evoked by that is so wrong on so many levels -_-;;;
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 21:11   Link #2307
NecocYaotl

Quote:
So Diana x Tenri forever as partner is what i looks for for the ending.
Wouldn't this mean the goddess do not seal hell once again? Because re-sealing would mean Diana and the other goddesses will be sacrificed again.
But knowing that there's betrayer in Hell side, even if Keima found all the goddess, they may not immediately redo the sealing.
For one, they are weakened and need more love to charge their power, two, even though they seal it again there are the possibility the seal get broken again if the traitor factor not handled yet.
Is the sealing a part of treaty between Heaven and New Hell? Or is it one-sided by Heaven when they realize the Armage Machina (sp?) has weakened old demon enough to seal them away? This may reveal another group from the heaven coming into the story? Highly no, I guess.

進撃の巨人
NecocYaotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 21:12   Link #2308
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm amused you use these points to rule out Chihiro while at the same time saying Ayumi is the most likely when Ayumi has the exact same points against her. In the band, Keima's class mate. That's the main reason I don't think Chihiro or Ayumi is likely. Kanon was Keima's classmate but rarely was around
Chihiro's the leader of the band and the main focus of it, also Ayumi has that scene where she walked off and than came back to teach Keima how to run the three legged race. She thought Chihiro asked her to teach Kemia and Chihiro had said nothing to her since she was bickering with Keima, that's almost blatant foreshadowing and is something Chirhiro lacks. I'll wager that was her goddess getting involved she just wasn't aware of it at the point (whether she has became aware of it since is another thing..)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 23:28   Link #2309
NecocYaotl

There's also possibility that someone else not something inside Ayumi told Ayumi to teach Keima (using telepathy or something lol). It's looks like foreshadowing though. But making Ayumi has goddess will make her too much special. First heroine, 2B-pencil member, classmate. She already have a lot of chances to be involved in the story without being a goddess, so please share it with another heroines.
With Mari went to meet her husband, won't Elsie excuse as illegitimate child will be blown out? Or his father really is a jerk and Mari will come back with another new little sister later?

進撃の巨人
NecocYaotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 00:03   Link #2310
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

So I started reading the manga after putting it off for so long... (HOLY CRAP! A hundred and how many chapters?!?!)

The positive reviews from the anime finally motivated me enough to start reading it around midnight. "I'll just cover the first two heroines like the anime did," or so I said.

Ayumi's arc was sweet and really got me going. Mio... was kinda of a miss for me, but that's mainly because her archetype is one of my least favourites in a story. I took a peek at Kanon's story just to see what the general outline was and when Keima ignored Kanon on the rooftop, my initial impression was that Kanon would overcompensate and act all attention grabbing, and sweet, and "girly" just to get his attention; because the arcs have all been run of the mill right? Typical tropes and all that.

Then she tazered him.

A. F**KING. SOLD.

Till then, my attention span had been on cruise mode. Now it was on overdrive. By the time I realised it, I had finished reading all the chapters, and it was noon. Thank goodness it's my off-day.

That said, I was kinda gutted by the latest developments, and really hope Kanon doesn't exit stage right in a casket. Looking forward to the future developments.

Cheers.
Old 2010-10-23, 06:12   Link #2311
WhiteWings

Well, so far the manga series have been turning out to be pretty entertaining in a industry where every theme, idea, characters, events and etc have been overused countless times.
Old 2010-10-23, 06:59   Link #2312
tsunade666

don't worry kami wouldn't let Kanon hit the casket yet. He even manage a team with Haqua to enter the search.
Old 2010-10-23, 07:02   Link #2313
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Actually, she already did (becoming a plot device). What's left to see if she gets out or remain there.
Old 2010-10-23, 07:44   Link #2314
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
w00r w00t w00t. I got my wish, yeehaw

time to wreck this sub-forum D:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 08:07   Link #2315
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Ayumi's arc was sweet and really got me going. Mio... was kinda of a miss for me, but that's mainly because her archetype is one of my least favourites in a story. I took a peek at Kanon's story just to see what the general outline was and when Keima ignored Kanon on the rooftop, my initial impression was that Kanon would overcompensate and act all attention grabbing, and sweet, and "girly" just to get his attention; because the arcs have all been run of the mill right? Typical tropes and all that.

Then she tazered him.

A. F**KING. SOLD.

Till then, my attention span had been on cruise mode. Now it was on overdrive. By the time I realised it, I had finished reading all the chapters, and it was noon. Thank goodness it's my off-day.

That said, I was kinda gutted by the latest developments, and really hope Kanon doesn't exit stage right in a casket. Looking forward to the future developments.

Cheers.
Agree there, i mean Kanon is one of the better arc, more than Shiori (the library gir?) and Mio i will say. I still don't understand why many do not find the fact she have the Goddess interesting...

Anyway, other than the main core, it seems the teacher (who name escaped me) and Ayumi are among the most popular

Let's see the interaction when that tazer make it into anime
Old 2010-10-23, 08:14   Link #2316
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Anyway, other than the main core, it seems the teacher (who name escaped me)
Nagase Jun, and because deep down everyone loves the Teacher route.
Old 2010-10-23, 09:26   Link #2317
tsunade666

Quote:
Agree there, i mean Kanon is one of the better arc, more than Shiori (the library gir?) and Mio i will say. I still don't understand why many do not find the fact she have the Goddess interesting...

Anyway, other than the main core, it seems the teacher (who name escaped me) and Ayumi are among the most popular
let see

I actually like Kanon's arc though her continues texting and calling on Kami is quite annoying. But it's not like I don't like it. Seeing Kami get tired out

the teacher is nagase and her arc is interesting. It's quite rare for kami to go against an adult. Though for impact....... I don't get the whole wrestling part -_- she being the captain of basket ball team is good and the story is also good but why wrestling ?

Maybe that's why she doesn't have much impact on me.

But if it's arc probably the most bad for me even though all arcs are good is the who with the ghost. I forgot the name. Forgoteting the name of the heroine of the arc is a good sign that it doesn't give me much impact.
Old 2010-10-23, 09:42   Link #2318
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
let see

I actually like Kanon's arc though her continues texting and calling on Kami is quite annoying. But it's not like I don't like it. Seeing Kami get tired out

the teacher is nagase and her arc is interesting. It's quite rare for kami to go against an adult. Though for impact....... I don't get the whole wrestling part -_- she being the captain of basket ball team is good and the story is also good but why wrestling ?

Maybe that's why she doesn't have much impact on me.

But if it's arc probably the most bad for me even though all arcs are good is the who with the ghost. I forgot the name. Forgoteting the name of the heroine of the arc is a good sign that it doesn't give me much impact.
It's wrestling so that you can stand in the student shoe and look from their POV: "why Jun is so excited with something that silly"

Yeah Yun arc is one of the good one. Especially when we are introduced about his homeroom teacher and be blown with shock later on
Old 2010-10-23, 10:12   Link #2319
Carlos Julian
Elsie smash!

Here's my speculations on who has the goddesses:

Kanon (idol singer) / Apollo (god of music)
Ayumi (runs track) / Mercury (messenger of the gods and owner of the winged sandals)
Nanaka (shogi player) / Minerva (goddess of war and strategy)

Up until now, all the goddesses and girls can relate to each other in some way. The thing is, Tenri and Diana don't have too much in common. In fact, I'd almost say that they're opposites. Because I can't find a good match for Mars and Vulcan, I thought that maybe they were also paired with someone opposite of them.

Tenri (shy, devoted to Keima) / Diana (bit of a tomboy, quick to anger, virgin goddess and so wanted nothing to do with men)
Shiori (shy, submissive) / Mars (god of war, quick to anger, wasn't afraid to kill people who'd wronged him)
Tsukiyo (obsessed with beauty) / Vulcan (a god so ugly, when he was born, he was literally thrown out of the heavens in disgust)

Of course, this relies on there being rhyme and reason to the pairings. Another possibility is Sumire (ramen shop girl) / Mercury (god of commerce), but Ayumi's been hinted at having a goddess, so her chances are higher.
Carlos Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 10:31   Link #2320
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Nagase Jun, and because deep down everyone loves the Teacher route.
That's because everyone at one point or other has imagined themselves in that situation... ^_^

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen