AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-10-06, 14:45   Link #1
Flower
In harmony with the flow

Nyanbo

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-anime/.106917

Summary: " The "Nyanbo" are creatures with square bodies with ears and tails that came to Earth from outer space. There's Tora, who dreams of repairing their broken UFO and returning to space, as well as his sister Kotora, the precocious Shiro, the mischievous Mike, the mysterious Kuro, and many more. All of these Nyanbos are now happily living much like cats, free-spirited and sometimes getting into trouble, in places that humans don't know about."

Two episodes have already aired.
Old 2016-10-06, 16:33   Link #2
Dop
Mmmm....

The mix of CG Nyanbos and their real-world surroundings works pretty well for me, kind of reminiscent of the season 1 "Moyashimon" opening. It's pretty fun too.

The end credits, how they taunt us with their brief glimpse of Yotsuba in anime form...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-06, 16:41   Link #3
Flower
In harmony with the flow

To be honest I was indignant to be thus taunted by Yotsuba anime possibilities! The nerve of them!

*cough cough*

As to the series itself, I also thought the blending of animation and real footage worked pretty well (surprised me actually), but the story itself was sorta uninvolving. Not bad, just did not do much for me, I guess.

P.S. Although if Yotsuba WERE made into an anime I would be dancing in the streets at the announcement, make no mistake.
Old 2016-10-22, 22:37   Link #4
s07195
Kimi no na wa?!

I'll third the thoughts about Yotsuba
As for so far, it's mostly been a series of cute but short episodes.

I really like this combination of IRL camera shooting, and pretty great CG! It's unlike anything I've seen before, especially combined with the toy-like size of the Nyanbos.
Voice acting is great too, and I'm pretty surprised they found all these big-name people for a short series. Well, it's NHK so...