Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-12, 15:13   Link #141
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Being a bigger wuss than Shinji warrants it. He needs to grow a pair.
Given his actions throughout the series, I can't really see that he's much of a wuss. Just because someone doesn't replicate the western stereotype of a moronic, ham-fisted gorilla doesn't mean he's a wuss. I think his reactions lately aren't so different those of a more-or-less normal, reasonably adjusted individual, even if I don't particularly like the arc.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 15:19   Link #142
lightbringer
M9000

Sounds to me like we are reading two different manga
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 12:37   Link #143
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 47:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 17:30   Link #144
GrimJack

The thing is...
Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-17, 21:15   Link #145
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Yes but the chapter is making it freaking ridiculous really. The whole arc feels just way way too stretched out. For me this whole anus arc is the worst Nana to Kaoru arc so far without a question and the worst thing is it is still not over with.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 17:02   Link #146
GrimJack

I would still put it ahead of the whole Tachi on New Years Eve arc which I really didn't like at all, at least this has shown development in their relationship, though neither of them realize just how much the other cares for them.
Old 2011-01-18, 18:19   Link #147
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
The thing is...
Spoiler:
Nana should just bite the bullet and get it over with herself. It's not hard to do, it does not hurt, and no, you don't need lube for it either. Instead we got this drama for like four months now. As for Kaoru, if he's serious about this S&M stuff then he should just shut up and do it also, god knows he needs the experience as he'll probably be doing other forms of anal play with Nana further down the road
Old 2011-01-18, 19:02   Link #148
ZODDGUTS

The side story of this series kinda ruined it when you think about it. The side story takes place even further in the current story line of the story and there not even together yet. ugh
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 19:55   Link #149
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I ended up dropping this series, which sucks because I do like the author's artwork. I just lost interest as the S&M escalated (even more so in Arashi) and overpowered the romance. Really hard to keep reading when you're not into that stuff and it ends up being the main focus, instead of the romance (a romance, I might add, is really going nowhere-- it's always the same dragged out "she can't find out/Nana's an idiot who can't realize her feelings). The spanking chapters really killed it for me.

Ah well, still have Negative Happy Marriage for now. Unless he decides to mess that one up, too, like he did with his original work by having characters cheat. ><
Old 2011-01-23, 14:56   Link #150
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Yes but the chapter is making it freaking ridiculous really. The whole arc feels just way way too stretched out. For me this whole anus arc is the worst Nana to Kaoru arc so far without a question and the worst thing is it is still not over with.
Indeed. What REALLY gets on my nerves is the whole "h-he he he is g-g-gonna do i-it. My X... he's gonna... G-gonna s-s-spank/w-w-whip/f-f-fondle me/it. H-he's r-really going t-to. T-that Kaoru." crap. At first, I thought it was cute, but now, it's REALLY getting on my nerves and takes up too much time on nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klg View Post
I ended up dropping this series, which sucks because I do like the author's artwork. I just lost interest as the S&M escalated (even more so in Arashi) and overpowered the romance. Really hard to keep reading when you're not into that stuff and it ends up being the main focus, instead of the romance (a romance, I might add, is really going nowhere-- it's always the same dragged out "she can't find out/Nana's an idiot who can't realize her feelings). The spanking chapters really killed it for me.

Ah well, still have Negative Happy Marriage for now. Unless he decides to mess that one up, too, like he did with his original work by having characters cheat. ><
All of this mangaka's work(the ones I read at least) tends to bore me after maybe 30 or so chapters, or more specifically, the main couple starts to get their act together and be well with one another. It's like the real conflicts of the relationship disappear. I'm not saying that's bad in and of itself, since relationships don't always have to be filled with troubling issues, but when compared to the start of the manga(s), the story really lacks the ability to keep its grip on you.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 15:16   Link #151
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Indeed. What REALLY gets on my nerves is the whole "h-he he he is g-g-gonna do i-it. My X... he's gonna... G-gonna s-s-spank/w-w-whip/f-f-fondle me/it. H-he's r-really going t-to. T-that Kaoru." crap. At first, I thought it was cute, but now, it's REALLY getting on my nerves and takes up too much time on nothing.
That's pretty much my main issue with this manga, as stated before. I wonder if, despite being serialized in YA, this manga is really for a younger audience? At least, I find it really hard to relate to these two characters falling all over themselves stuttering in their embarrassment. Maybe ten years ago, while still in highschool, I might have felt differently about this.
Old 2011-01-23, 16:17   Link #152
Fran~
floating away...

Well... before you can be mad at the whole h-he he i- he is blablabla, you must consider Nana's background. She is the model student, i bet no one in her school will suspect that she is into S&M. OTOH, Kaoru's one open pervert who even spoke freely about those issues with his friends... and besides that she is sick... and with fever... so... yeah...

I'm not saying that i'm ok with the last chapters, but i think that the author is trying to show that Nana's (= Normal People) could be even more pervert about trivial things like that.

I personally think that perhaps the mangaka is exaggerating the situation.
Old 2011-01-23, 16:38   Link #153
Shadow5YA

I personally enjoyed the S&M eroticism when I started reading this series. However, I expected something to come out of Nana and Kaoru's relationship. When it turns out that they've barely progressed any further, I lost interest in this series.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 11:53   Link #154
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I personally enjoyed the S&M eroticism when I started reading this series. However, I expected something to come out of Nana and Kaoru's relationship. When it turns out that they've barely progressed any further, I lost interest in this series.
That's exactly how it is with me, minus the enjoying the S&M. While the eroticism and S&M stuff keeps escalating, the romance of it hasn't kept up at all, so it caused me lose interest. It went from being a couple of kids on the verge of becoming a couple experimenting with some erotic stuff to a couple of perverts just getting off on S&M. Throw Tachi into the mix and it becomes even more apparent that Nana's more into the bondage than she is into Kaoru. She could probably do a breather with the president and still be satisfied with it.
Old 2011-01-31, 12:18   Link #155
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
That's exactly how it is with me, minus the enjoying the S&M. While the eroticism and S&M stuff keeps escalating, the romance of it hasn't kept up at all, so it caused me lose interest. It went from being a couple of kids on the verge of becoming a couple experimenting with some erotic stuff to a couple of perverts just getting off on S&M. Throw Tachi into the mix and it becomes even more apparent that Nana's more into the bondage than she is into Kaoru. She could probably do a breather with the president and still be satisfied with it.
I wonder about that. The mangaka is obviously hinting at some romance between Nana and Kaoru in Arashi by making parallels between them and the S&M master and his wife.

However, the problem is that it's taken this far just for the romantic subtlety. That's makes the six volumes of the original Nana to Kaoru series nothing more than episodic S&M sessions with no progress between them since the beginning.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 20:33   Link #156
Arturro

I still like this series. I agree, as of now, Nana and Kaoru relationship is dragging, only in Arashi it looks to progressing. On the other hand I know that nana to kaoru restart in a new magazine slowed plot progress. But I still enjoy a mix of their innocence and pervertness.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 20:52   Link #157
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 48:
Old 2011-02-01, 12:09   Link #158
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler for ch 48:
That gave me a good laugh. Thank you.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 09:50   Link #159
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Promo clip now up for the Live Action: http://www.vap.co.jp/tokyo-shishunki/003tr.html

While he might be tall and "pretty" for Kaoru, i like how he play his awkwardness and excitement well. For Nana, not too sure yet.
Old 2011-02-27, 14:07   Link #160
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 50:

Tags
bondage play, romance, seinen