Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
Relevant pixiv art: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...ust_id=5567846
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 14:48   Link #1962
Bambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Dont read it.... spoiler for ep 20 - 23...
I planned to repost it here too, but you was faster
With ep20 pool preview it looks like as confirmed

Ep19:
- i knew winning hand from manga but still loved how they animated it. I have only one remark, it was overly dramatic, at least for my tastes
- Saki is one trick ponny unfortunately , on the other hand everything else will not work against Koromo, she will sense dangerous hands (like Kana's Suu An Kou)
- Kana learnt nothing when she counted with exhaustive draws when she plays with Koromo
- at least someone aimed for Kokushi Musou
- second half was too sweet for my tastes

Last edited by Bambi; 2009-08-09 at 16:08.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 15:52   Link #1963
andy

Don't matter how you win , just that you do. As the say in fighting games spam the move if the opponent can't do anything about it .Might be boring but if works why change it .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 16:19   Link #1964
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

I see TERU! At the end of the preview!! ARGH. Now I'm really excited again for next week for a swimsuit episode. >_> Oh GONZO / Magic Picture / whatever, you sure know how to tease me...

There was no interview. No one asked about Saki's sister. Koromo has mahjong friends though now.

This entire episode was pretty epic. I could not stop laughing throughout.

That heavy church like music during Saki's win was hilarious and the wind, the lightning! The ridiculous poses and tile throw downs! Saki looking like a demented mahjong demon! (Somehow, that smile is even more chilling that Koromo's fire hands.)

Kana and her "I just have to be in tenpai for 30 times in a row and then win on a yakuman!" and Yumi's "I'm going to win forever!" Ahahahaa.

Fantastic episode.

Edit: The Saki VA gang.

Link: http://yasashiisekai.files.wordpress...pg?w=450&h=338

Last edited by tjalorak; 2009-08-09 at 16:46.
tjalorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 16:52   Link #1965
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post

Ep19:
- i knew winning hand from manga but still loved how they animated it. I have only one remark, it was overly dramatic, at least for my tastes
- Saki is one trick ponny unfortunately , on the other hand everything else will not work against Koromo, she will sense dangerous hands (like Kana's Suu An Kou)
- Kana learnt nothing when she counted with exhaustive draws when she plays with Koromo
Nah. Saki's specialty may be kans but it's not like she doesn't know how to win on OTHER hands. She has won on other hands in previous episodes. Also, Fujita-pro mentioned that the only other hand that could get to tenpai against Koromo when she's doing her manipulation thing is ... kokushi musou. IF this is a certain someone's specialty hand, then Koromo must have had a ridiculously bad time against this someone.

Kana learned plenty. Ever since Koromo got rattled by Saki, people have been getting to tenpai and Kana actually DID get to tenpai with a yakuman hand. Heck, she even had a tsumo (if she had wanted it)!

Yumi <3. I loved her "sure, I'll play you again and next time, I'm going to win!" She was so awesome this episode as well. Actually, EVERYONE was awesome, even Tsuruga's president and the two others crouching in the stairwell "supervising" Momoko and Yumi. Nice "supervising." Also, yay! Hand touching!
Old 2009-08-09, 16:59   Link #1966
ThoHell

Preview of 20 showed a glimpse of Teru didn't it? Wonder what's going to happen? Gotta wait and see....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 17:45   Link #1967
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Ouch... poor Yumi, she was one tile from that 1-pin being her winning tile. -_- Aw well, I guess I'll be leaving this series for a while while I throw a tantrum. Wake me up when she appears on the screen again.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 17:52   Link #1968
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Yumi ;____;
It seems she's gone for Thirteen Orphans often. Maybe it could/should be noted she has a minor specialty in it? Not quite as strong a specialty as Saki's in Rinshan Kaihou or Koromo's in Haitei Raoyue, but it's still there. (Too bad she was utterly stonewalled by Saki sitting on the 1 of Circles)

Still <3 Yumi. Even if I was screaming at the screen "BAKA YUMI. SPIT IT OUT. HUG HEEEEEEEEER. Oh well, I guess holding hands is a start."

(Koromo, they treat you as the youngest because you're so adorable when you're petted. XD)
Old 2009-08-09, 18:06   Link #1969
Proto

Quote:

Ep19:
Nah. Saki's specialty may be kans but it's not like she doesn't know how to win on OTHER hands. She has won on other hands in previous episodes. Also, Fujita-pro mentioned that the only other hand that could get to tenpai against Koromo when she's doing her manipulation thing is ... kokushi musou. IF this is a certain someone's specialty hand, then Koromo must have had a ridiculously bad time against this someone.
The problem with Saki is that with her the game totally loses its mind game aspect and totally devolves into a luck based game, unlike the style of people like Koromo when she's not going for a Haitei, Mihoko or Yumi, which may be the reason I never feel satisfied when she literally pulls a win out of her... dead wall.
Old 2009-08-09, 18:37   Link #1970
Peanutbutter

The final game was just too exaggerating. They really worked the anime medium to its fullest.

So from here on, anime has exceeded manga, or to be more specific, 3/4 through.

I'm interested to see how they'll end this in 6 more episodes.

Spoiler for lolgonzo:

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2009-08-09 at 19:03.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 18:59   Link #1971
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep19:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 19:07   Link #1972
Proto

Sometimes I wonder if you actually read the other posts on the threads you post in, sb.
Old 2009-08-09, 19:14   Link #1973
Bambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Ouch... poor Yumi, she was one tile from that 1-pin being her winning tile. -_- Aw well, I guess I'll be leaving this series for a while while I throw a tantrum. Wake me up when she appears on the screen again.
She and Momo was in preview, so I guess it'll not be Kiyosumi only episode
Old 2009-08-09, 19:19   Link #1974
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder if you actually read the other posts on the threads you post in, sb.
I do. Why ask?

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-08-09, 19:22   Link #1975
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
She and Momo was in preview, so I guess it'll not be Kiyosumi only episode
I bet everyone's gonna be there.

The question is, are they able to create swimsuits for everyone? Oh wait, they already did.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 19:28   Link #1976
Vash002
Ready to Boast

So anyone thought that during Saki's speech about "Mahjong is fun" she was actually thinking: DEAL IT! DEAL IT!, anyone? Lol.
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 19:43   Link #1977
Proto

Quote:
I do. Why ask?
Hmm... because many people have mentioned several times that Gonzo barely has anything to do with the series at this point.
Old 2009-08-09, 19:44   Link #1978
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Yumi still needed a Pei as well. She was close, though... but she was never going to get the Kokushi to come together. Shame. Might have made it more interesting.

I was kind of hoping that we'd see the reporter go into pursuit mode, but I guess not, huh? (What reporter wouldn't be all over that story, though? That's just weird.)

And yeah, I was thinking what Saki was really saying "Mahjong is fun (but it's more fun if you dump that 1-pin). It's really fun. (I'll be your friend if you give me that 1-pin. C'mon little girl, give me that 1-pin. I have candy for you.)"

What I thought was more interesting was Koromo's line about "being reborn." I had no idea mahjong was that powerful. Ah, but it was over-the-top fun, not to be taken seriously.

People who want realism... seriously, you've been watching the wrong show since the beginning. The whole +/- 0 thing at the very start was the tip-off that this wasn't going to be a show about realism.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 19:49   Link #1979
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Despite the animation studio's mess up of 12k, assuming they meant to do what the mangaka did, then Koromo has some pretty good intuition of people's hands. Koromo knew Saki's hand previously was a 2k and then a 12k. Of course, Saki's usage of the dead wall means she can change her hand, which throws it off...

How would Saki know that Koromo had the 1 pin anyway? Her "powers" only seem extended to the dead wall... That being said, she seemed pretty confident she was going to win that last hand. When Fujita-pro says loved by the tiles, I think she means the fact that Koromo picked up a 1 pin instead of the 5 manzi Koromo was expecting.
Old 2009-08-09, 19:50   Link #1980
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Hmm... because many people have mentioned several times that Gonzo barely has anything to do with the series at this point.
Hmm? The part where Gonzo is placed as cooperation in the ED credit?

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen