AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-27, 05:25   Link #1
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Clannad - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.)

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Clannad here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads
Old 2007-09-27, 07:33   Link #2
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Any official news about the singer of the ending theme? I know I've read on ANN and at Moon Phase that they have listed Chata (茶太) as the performer of "Dango Daikazoku" ("だんご大家族") but other than those sources I'm not sure if it's official or not.
Old 2007-09-27, 08:54   Link #3
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Finally, a music thread for CLANNAD.

Here's my thoughts on the various CLANNAD soundtracks:

For the OST, most of the songs are pleasant to listen to, as with KEY's high standards. However, the AIR OST still ranks highest amongst my favourite KEY soundtracks, followed by Kanon. This is not to say CLANNAD OST is bad. Compared to other series, CLANNAD certainly ranks up there, but still pales in comparison to AIR and Kanon.

The CLANNAD/Tomoyo After piano album, Piano no Mori, is a pleasant assortment of some of the best tracks from the two games. Though more songs from CLANNAD should've been chosen.

The CLANNAD remix album, memento, is a mixed bag for me. It combined disco remix with orchestral rearrangements, I preferred the latter. I wasn't too happy on them butchering the beautiful Engrish song "Ana", turning it into a mindless disco track. But this album also has the most beautiful song of all the soundtracks in its final track, the 10 minute ballet Sakura Shuukyoku (桜抒曲).

I've yet to hear the new ED "Dango Daikazoku", but it should be more or less a variation of Nagisa's theme.
Old 2007-09-27, 09:15   Link #4
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

I actually rank the Clannad OST as better than both AIR and Kanon. The music of Clannad really grows on you, and each character's own theme song is very unique and suits the image of the characters really well. The gradual gaining of backup instruments of Kotomi's theme "Etude Pour Les Petites Supercordes", Fuuko's playful "Hairy Starfish" were some really outstanding character themes which instantly reminds me of their characters and stories.

Also some of the official, as well as unofficial symphonic (although synthesised) arrangements of Clannad music are incredible. The ones done by Resound Wav are really amazing, especially Kyou's theme "Soyo Kaze no You ni", easily my favourite.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2007-09-27 at 09:34.
Old 2007-09-27, 15:50   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
I actually rank the Clannad OST as better than both AIR and Kanon. The music of Clannad really grows on you, and each character's own theme song is very unique and suits the image of the characters really well.
Call me mad, though i've sat down and thought about it --- and i just can not choose which i like more out of the three scores. I think i'm happy with that, though i can agree with your opinion on CLANNAD's. Top 05 tracks come soon. :3

I do very much look forward to hearing CLANNAD's original score in the anime. It shall be a beautiful watch just for that alone.
Old 2007-09-27, 16:58   Link #6
Westlo
Lets be reality

I really like Clannads OST but I can't rate it higher than Air/Kanon's atm due to not having any emotional attachment to any of the songs. Curious to hear the ending song...
Old 2007-09-27, 19:13   Link #7
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
I certainly prefer Clannad's OST rather than Kanon. First it has more songs. Second the vocal songs are all more lively than Kanon. Clannad's song has a lighter touch in it and it is more relaxing to listen to them while when I listen to Kanon music I always have this feeling in my chest that sinks in.
My favourite piece is 'A Tiny Palm', the song that happens in the true end of After Story, second being '-Two Shadows-' which is played at the true end of each route.
Old 2007-09-29, 03:45   Link #8
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Posting a video of a digital variation of a song doesn't count as breaching the rules, does it?

Here's the OP "Meg Meil" sung by Hatsune Miku of the popular Vocaloid2 digital voice software.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1142706
Old 2007-09-29, 09:20   Link #9
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Any official news about the singer of the ending theme? I know I've read on ANN and at Moon Phase that they have listed Chata (茶太) as the performer of "Dango Daikazoku" ("だんご大家族") but other than those sources I'm not sure if it's official or not.
Yes, it's official. It basically used Nagisa's melody (from OST) with lyrics about... dango.

By the way, the OP animation looks REALLY nice. I'm not sure if posting youtube links is against the rules here, if not, I can post the links to both the OP & ED animations.
Old 2007-09-29, 09:43   Link #10
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Yes, it's official. It basically used Nagisa's melody (from OST) with lyrics about... dango.

By the way, the OP animation looks REALLY nice. I'm not sure if posting youtube links is against the rules here, if not, I can post the links to both the OP & ED animations.
I understand that there are even tags for the use of embedding youtube links into posts, so why wouldn't it be disallowed?(unless it is full raw episodes of course)
Old 2007-09-29, 10:01   Link #11
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Please refer to this post then.
Old 2007-09-29, 16:10   Link #12
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Please refer to this post then.
OP

ED

The animation of the ED is very cute, but the music is a bit...maybe I'm too used to the harmonies of 'A Tiny Palm'.

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-09-29 at 20:00.
Old 2007-09-29, 16:42   Link #13
Tiberium Wolf

Man! The OP animation is godlike! So many details!
Old 2007-09-29, 16:49   Link #14
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Well it's same as the Nagisa route video...but it's a great song nevertheless...
Old 2007-09-29, 17:46   Link #15
FireChick

For everyone who wishes to know, I have posted both the opening and ending to Clannad on YouTube. Go check it out if you want!
Old 2007-09-29, 19:13   Link #16
justsomeguy

When do the OP and ED singles get released? I'm really liking cuckool mix 2007; it sounds peppier and less dramatic than the original and the first cuckool mix.
Old 2007-09-29, 19:19   Link #17
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

The OP was just the game OP edited. If you aquire the clannad OST you'll get it. I do have a sample copy of it if you leave your e-mail address around.
Old 2007-09-29, 19:37   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
The OP was just the game OP edited. If you aquire the clannad OST you'll get it. I do have a sample copy of it if you leave your e-mail address around.
Just like Last regrets & Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho, we'll probably see a single re-release for the both of them, anime version.

But yeah, both can be found on the original soundtrack.
Old 2007-09-29, 19:55   Link #19
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

iamandragon all you need to do is put the youtube number between the tag in order for it to show up. It's the video ID after the = sign.

The OP you posted seems to be the game's OP.
Old 2007-09-29, 21:11   Link #20
Chaotic_Reign

A small piece of miscellaneous info from Chata's blog
ttp://chata.moo.jp/blog/index.php

Dango Daikazoku was originally produced to be only an insert song. Somewhere along the way Kyoto Animation decided that it should become the ED instead (probably after hearing the song and finding that it fitted the themes of Clannad so well?) The decision was made a short while after the most recent Comike in mid August.

Chata herself was a bit surprised too after jokingly thinking beforehand that it would be nice if they used the song for the ED
Closed Thread