AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-06-20, 14:31   Link #1
Chosen_Hero

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Quote:
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is an upcoming first-person shooter video game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. It is the thirteenth primary installment in the Call of Duty series and is set to be released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 4, 2016.
Quote:
Infinite Warfare is set in the distant future, after Earth has been stripped of its natural resources as a result of population growth and industrial expansion, prompting the nations of the world to unite together and form the United Nations Space Alliance (UNSA), a political organization that handles matters related to trade, travel, land claims and all efforts relating to human space colonization. The residents of Earth rely on colonies established elsewhere in the Solar System in order to mine planets and asteroids for resources. The value of these outposts, however, attracts militant radicals who seek to control them; an action which could place the countries of Earth in a very unfavorable position. In response, the UNSA is defended by the Solar Associated Treaty Organization (SATO), a coordinated military structure that defends Earth and the UNSA's holdings. However, prior to the events of the game, a new hostile faction emerges, known as the Settlement Defense Front (SDF), which consists of insurgents that broke away from the United Nations Space Alliance during a war of secession. Following years of a troubled stalemate with the Front, relations have deteriorated to a point where the entire Solar System is poised on the brink of war. By the events of the game, the Settlement Defense Front declares war on the UNSA and launches a surprise attack on Geneva, severely weakening SATO's forces on Earth. As the newly-appointed commander of the UNSA Warship Retribution, Captain Nick Reyes (Brian Bloom), a Tier 1 Special Operations pilot of the Special Combat Air Recon (SCAR), is tasked to lead a crew to defeat the Settlement Defense Front on Earth, as well as journey to outer space and across other planets in the system using space-based fighter craft, referred to as Jackals, to stop the Front from taking over the entire Solar System. Assisting Reyes in the fight against the SDF are his mentor Admiral Raines, his wingman Lieutenant Salter (Jamie Gray Hyder), United States Marine Corps sergeant Omar (David Harewood), and his robot sidekick ETH.3n. Facing Reyes and his allies in battle is the commander of the starship Olympus Mons, and leader of the SDF, Admiral Salen Kotch (Kit Harrington).
Before the hate train starts let me say a few things: until recently I was one of the people that hated the CoD games with Black Ops 2 being the last CoD game I properly owned and Advanced Warfare being the last I game I actually played (borrowed from a cousin to try it out) after having skipped Ghosts, still haven't played Black Ops 3. Now, I say until recently because one day I just realized that I was just hating the game for the sake of hating it, couple that with coming to the realization of how contradictory the gaming community is and the rampant hate train trend adopted by said community ans things can become really clear. As consequence of this it made me realize that I wasn't having as much fun gaming as I used to and that I spent too much time just complaining about not just these games but many others and I wasn't enjoying what I did play as much, so I decided that I was just going to enjoy myself on my own terms without worrying about the complaints, name of a series or anything else, if it interests me enough to wan to try it out than I will.

Personally, I am very interested in this game due to it being more sci-fi, and from what I've read and seen is much more flexible than past entries, of course I also like these games campaigns which remind me of db fun action movies which I love to watch. I will buy this game (along with the CoD 4 MW remaster) and I will enjoy it to my hearts content without worrying about the hate, I will give it a legitimate chance and if I don't like it after, than I don't like it simple as that. What I most probably won't be doing is spend money on dlc which is the only thing that I truly detest about these games (to this day I haven't bought a dlc map pack for any of the CoD games I owned and I have throughly enjoyed myself without them).

-----------

With that out of the way:

So this game will be more like a smaller scale Mass Effect where you lead your ship and decide in which order to tackle missions instead of just one linear story? If so I wonder if this game might will incorporate different endings or at least cliffhangers since a story like this feels like it would take more than just one game to resolve. Also I read somewhere that you can customize your fighter jet/ship to some extent, if that is true than that would be pretty cool.

If Infinity Ward is smart they would have a digfight mode but only IF the ship mission are not on rails (which at this point is in the air since no one has said anything about it), maybe that csn be their "zombies" like extra game mode. Now what I do know is that some of the MP maps are probablt going to have some pretty crazy designs especially now that it takes place in outer space, a zero g map would be pretty cool if you ask me.

I have been thinking, why doesn't activision just have all three CoD studios have a meeting and have them decide which era each of them is going to base their games on as to not make their games look similar. In my opinion they could have Infinity Ward take care of the space era, let Treyarch work on WW1, WW2, Cold War era games and have Sledgehammer games take care of the modern era games, also if only they would take a break in between each release as to give each give some breathing room and longevity.
Old 2016-06-20, 18:03   Link #2
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Before the hate train starts let me say a few things...
Bravo sir; I can easily imagine how liberating it feels to be off of said train. That said, I think the idea of bundling MWR with IW is a legitimate source of hate insofar as it smacks of Activision having lack of confidence in IW's ability to sell on its own merits.

As for IW's story itself, I can see why folks are comparing it to Killzone and Mobile Suit Gundam; I look forward to finding out if there'll be any interesting twists to what seems a very straightforward scenario...

Quote:
So this game will be more like a smaller scale Mass Effect where you lead your ship and decide in which order to tackle missions instead of just one linear story?
This appears to be the case: there is a 'core path' along with various optional missions you can get lore/intel, upgrades, et cetera from.

Quote:
If Infinity Ward is smart they would have a digfight mode but only IF the ship mission are not on rails (which at this point is in the air since no one has said anything about it), maybe that csn be their "zombies" like extra game mode.
Dogfight modes would be appealing insofar as they could be a way to unlock assorted hull patterns, et cetera for the fighter... which can come in wide varieties; just check out the Ace Combat games' rosters. Extra points if there's a 'score attack' mode inspired by the 'Arcade' replay option from... yes, that's right, Modern Warfare...

Quote:
Now what I do know is that some of the MP maps are probablt going to have some pretty crazy designs especially now that it takes place in outer space, a zero g map would be pretty cool if you ask me.
Infantry combat in the Big Black would be cool without question, if properly done. Interestingly enough, there is a game in the wild whose whole schtick is this: Shattered Horizon...

Spoiler for reference video:

And since we're on the subject of adversarial modes, I do wonder how come, to my knowledge, Old School never reappeared after Modern Warfare.

Quote:
I have been thinking, why doesn't activision just have all three CoD studios have a meeting and have them decide which era each of them is going to base their games on as to not make their games look similar...?
Indeed; it also translates to more customer choice - a clear win-win, I think.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 18:53   Link #3
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Bravo sir; I can easily imagine how liberating it feels to be off of said train. That said, I think the idea of bundling MWR with IW is a legitimate source of hate insofar as it smacks of Activision having lack of confidence in IW's ability to sell on its own merits.

As for IW's story itself, I can see why folks are comparing it to Killzone and Mobile Suit Gundam; I look forward to finding out if there'll be any interesting twists to what seems a very straightforward scenario...
I actually agree about the bundle, the least they could have done was sell it separately as a download for those that want it. Either way no matter how shitty a move it is in consers eyes, its a pretty damn good idea business wise, I mean there are those that really want to play that game and as much as they'll bitch, moan and complain they are going to get it as soon as they hear from their friends about how good it is to play it again and that way IF Infinte Warfare ends up actually impressing many of them word of mouth might make people want to play it, again, a shitty but ingenious move.

But the thing is that being able to make comparisons to popular things isn't bad, heck, the new Legend of Zelda looks and plays like every other open world or rpg game (Skyrim, Dark Souls, etc), again, being able to compare it to something good shouldn't be a bad thing. Now if it reminded you of something bad or horrible like Aliens Colonial Marines or the like, then it would make sense. The comments that bother me the most just because they contradict every reason people say they "hate" CoD for are the ones saying that "It doesn't look like CoD anymore"... this baffles my mind.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-06-20 at 20:05.
Chosen_Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 19:29   Link #4
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

After watching the E3 gameplay, I can say for sure that I'm real excited for the campaign.

The space battles don't look on-rails at all. Free movement.
Old 2016-06-20, 20:04   Link #5
Chosen_Hero

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...te-warfare.asp
Quote:
Later in that same level, Reyes boards the Jackal and breaks through Earth's atmosphere with an armada of ships to take on the enemy in a off-rails space dog fight sequence that wouldn't be out of place in Star Wars or Battlestar Galactica.
Off-rails gameplay confirmed, this game is looking better the more I read about it.
Old 2016-06-22, 18:09   Link #6
Chosen_Hero

SDF explained:

Weapons of Infinite Warfare:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...e-warfare.aspx

Quote:
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare features more weapons than any other title in the franchise to date. These include diverse offerings from a variety of specialized manufacturers as well as powerful new auxiliary options like grenades that create zero-gravity pockets, powerful “riot shields”, spider-esque seeker grenades that can run along walls before identifying and obliterating their targets, and even using your grappling hook in zero-gravity conditions as a weapon to take out targets. You can expect to see all kinds of takes on assault rifles, submachine guns, sniper rifles, shotguns, and more.
I personally like that the weapons are grounded in reality, especially if I can get an M4 or M16 and customize them.
Old 2016-07-01, 18:15   Link #7
Chosen_Hero

Also you might want to read this:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...sing-guys.aspx

Quote:
As with any longstanding tradition, however, it feels like we've gotten to the point where hating on Call of Duty is just a thing we do because we've always done it, and the reason behind it is just as vague and forgotten as why we're stuffing crap in each other's socks in the first place. This year's reveal of Infinite Warfare achieved parody levels of hate...
Quote:
I was neck-deep in the insanity at G.I.'s E3 booth during Sony's press conference, but Reiner enthusiastically recounted the audience's reaction to us after the show. Like the rest of the showgoers, two viewers sitting behind him were fully on board with the demo's action-packed sci-fi shenanigans, but as soon as the Call of Duty logo appeared, their oohing and ahhing was replaced with a perfunctory declaration of "Lame!"...
You can justdo a search in youtibe an see similar reactions which boggles the mind.

Quote:
For us at G.I., the bald-faced reversals while comical came as no surprise. The indiscriminate hate for our recent look at Infinite Warfare spurred a wonderful new social-media trend of Cover Flushing i.e., readers posting videos of themselves tearing the cover off their newest issue and flushing it down the toilet. Because it says Call of Duty.
I cant believe this actually a thing.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-07-01 at 18:40.
Chosen_Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 10:06   Link #8
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
But the thing is that being able to make comparisons to popular things isn't bad, heck, the new Legend of Zelda looks and plays like every other open world or rpg game (Skyrim, Dark Souls, etc), again, being able to compare it to something good shouldn't be a bad thing.
Quite true; I never said this comparability is a bad thing.

Quote:
I personally like that the weapons are grounded in reality, especially if I can get an M4 or M16 and customize them.:D
Agreed, even if there are a couple that make one blink and wonder 'how/why?'... most notably, the grenade that supposedly causes pockets of 0-G, or the SMG that can be 'split' into dual pistols... a rifle version of this, as I recall, is wielded by the Arkham Knight.

Quote:
Also you might want to read this...
Proof that while the concept of bandwagoning predates social media, the latter has just made manifestations of the former obvious and... stranger.
Old 2016-07-15, 02:50   Link #9
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Modern Warfare Remastered looks good.
Too bad you can't buy it separately.
Old 2016-07-22, 06:02   Link #10
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2016-07-22, 07:25   Link #11
Chosen_Hero

^Game looks great and the Killzone like weapons and feeling are plus in my opinion.
Old 2016-07-22, 19:30   Link #12
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

The last 3 minutes are the moments that I absolutely love in COD campaigns.
Old 2016-08-02, 16:21   Link #13
ccesarano

I haven't played a CoD game in years and haven't been fond of Activision's approach to drowning people in their annual franchise, but I haven't hated the games themselves either (well, except the first Black Ops, which I never finished and couldn't understand the "great story" others saw in it). Infinite Warfare looked interesting, but once I saw the E3 gameplay I decided to go on media blackout because this is an insta-buy.

I do think the game is worth purchasing, but I also think Activision is being really dirty by only offering the MW remaster with it. I guarantee you that in one or two years, Activision will sell the remaster alone. Oh? They said they won't do that? I wouldn't trust 'em.

As stated, been on media blackout, so that's about all I can contribute in terms of what I'm looking forward to. I skimmed the thread so I can go in as cold as possible.
Old 2016-08-04, 21:33   Link #14
Chosen_Hero

Old 2016-08-17, 04:27   Link #15
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

My God, this feel so 80s.

Old 2016-09-02, 15:37   Link #16
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Beyond tweaking existing systems, Infinite Warfare makes at least one contribution: the ability to craft your own guns. After each match, you’ll earn a currency called Salvage, which you can use to build your own prototype weapons. These weapons have tiers of rarity from common to epic and have perks of their own. An example gun perk, Pinpoint, creates an outline of the enemy after shooting them. You will want to level these guns up in order to get the best out of them, and they’ll also have their own unique skins and colors. I wasn’t able to mess around with prototype weapons at the press event, but I’m both curious and a little concerned about how these weapons will affect the balance of the game.
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ca...t-changes.aspx
Old 2016-09-02, 16:42   Link #17
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Looks fun. So the SP willl have traditional movement, while the MP will have all the maneuverability?
Old 2016-09-03, 10:51   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
仁王 - Benevolent King

Quote:
Infinite Warfare is set in the far future, at a time when the Earth has been stripped of most of its natural resources. This prompts the nations of the world to band together as the United Nations Space Alliance (UNSA), with the goal of traveling to distant asteroids and planets to mine resources for Earth.

However, a group of militant extremists arise that want to control the various intergalactic outposts and secede from the UNSA. This group, led by a villain played by Kit Harrington, calls itself the Settlement Defense Force (SDF), and it begins a galaxy-spanning war with the UNSA. Players will take control of Captain Nick Reyes, who will lead the UNSA’s Special Combat Air Recon unit against SDF forces in various battles with the help of special space-based aircraft called Jackals.
...This is Gundam... This is just Gundam...

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 22:39   Link #19
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Looks fun. So the SP willl have traditional movement, while the MP will have all the maneuverability?
I'm fairly sure there'll be places in the campaign that show off the various movement options at their best... after all, it'd be a shame to have those mechanics only present in one part of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...This is Gundam... This is just Gundam...
And if some subtle nods find their way in, I'll be amused.
Old 2016-09-06, 00:38   Link #20
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
And if some subtle nods find their way in, I'll be amused.
Like some troubled and nasty piece of work with the half-mask.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote