AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-02, 08:47   Link #2301
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Geh, nowhere near Azmodan yet, but I feel like my DPS (1100-ish) can't quite catch up to the HP of the monsters that are thrown at me. And I'm still at Nightmare. I shudder to think what kind of money I'd have to shell out for something even decent at Hell difficulty.
You'd be surprised to know that I only spent 30k golds for my whole Gold Find set gear, which I'm still using at the end of Hell, aside from ring and amulet, since those things are always expensive. A lot of people throw out good stuffs at ridiculous cheap price.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 09:20   Link #2302
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Btw, anyone else playing on the Asia Server? Or are everyone playing on the America Server?
Tried messing around with servers, and 7 out of 10 times, it took way longer for the Asia server to authenticate my B.Net credentials compared to the American server.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 09:35   Link #2303
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 36
I am still in Act I Hell. But I have decided that in order to prepare for Inferno, I am switching to the Inferno setup early. I don't want to have to learn how to play in Inferno from scratch with unfamiliar skills.

Funny that bosses are getting easier and easier. They are just so much weaker than the Super Uniques. I have sacrificed my wave of force for energy armour, I hope that's worth it. High vitality build of course. High attack speed to aid kitting with Venom Hydra, spam seeker magic missile with 30% speed reduction passive (work great against treasure goblins. Slows them and stun lock.)

Still can't live without diamond skin. I know it would become less useful in Inferno, but I heard as long as I boost my damage reduction high enough, it can still be viable.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 11:10   Link #2304
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
In act 4 Hell now. Once I got more vitality and nether tentacle+Scatter Spike trap I have been breezing through it so far. I never would have thought Scatter rune on Spike trap would be so useful for me at the moment.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 14:22   Link #2305
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Geh, nowhere near Azmodan yet, but I feel like my DPS (1100-ish) can't quite catch up to the HP of the monsters that are thrown at me. And I'm still at Nightmare. I shudder to think what kind of money I'd have to shell out for something even decent at Hell difficulty.
It's not just about DPS. Vitality and armor matters too from nightmare onwards. I have a wiz and a monk in act 2 nightmare. The wiz puts out 1300 dps unbuffed, about 1700 with force weapon and the monk has a thousand dps, but the monk has a thousand more armor points with seize the initiative, at total about 2500~, and the extra thousand points makes a big difference in survivability. Plus the monk has 9000 hp and a shield for some blocking, while the wiz has about 6000 and no shield.

Both have some form of passive health regen (mantra of healing and galvanizing ward with energy armor).

So you have to seriously start considering defense as well.


EDIT: All the armor on my monk I found as random drops. My weapon is a grand master knuckles that I crafted once and got lucky with. (bonus damage, +77 dex, +11 attack speed)
__________________
NYAA-CEPTION
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 18:21   Link #2306
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 36
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Shinova: You don't know how ironic that is. I just played through Act IV Nightmare co-op, in a party of two barbarians and a demon hunter and guess what, I had the highest HP in the team! 19k+ at level 50, while the barbarians were just 12k and 9k (!!) respectively. It was hilarious, as usually I was the only one left alive to revive people. I think I died only once, and to Izual (due to a spike brought by Izual summoning overlords).

Heck, I pretty much tanked Diablo, while the two barbarians beside me kept on dying. It was... gratifying.

That said, my DPS was still pretty bad. Took forever to kill anything, especially pesky vampiric opponents. Might be even worse now since I'm at Hell Tristam.
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 23:38   Link #2307
Archon_Wing
Underwhelmed
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Not here
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I beat Nightmare with 700~ dps. It took fucking forever. >.> This is where I was just like fuck it and Ah'd shit.
__________________
Let us start here from Square one. No... from zero!
You do not wish to know anything. You wish only to speak.
That which you know, you ignore, because it is inconvenient.
That which you do not know, you invent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 00:11   Link #2308
LoweGear
Great Commandy One
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Tried messing around with servers, and 7 out of 10 times, it took way longer for the Asia server to authenticate my B.Net credentials compared to the American server.
They seem about equal to me, at least in the time it takes to get to the hero selection screen, hence why I started playing in the Asia server instead of the America server.
__________________

On Flying: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 00:32   Link #2309
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
I managed to beat NM with just self-found gears. But once I started Hell Act 1 it became rather painful to make progress. My DPS and HP were just too low to kill Champs/Uniques before they killed me.

Then I opened up AH and found gears with twice the stats selling for just 10k.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 00:55   Link #2310
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 36
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I beat Nightmare with 700~ dps. It took fucking forever. >.> This is where I was just like fuck it and Ah'd shit.
Last night was hellish even with 1100~DPS, but that was more likely because I was in a party of four in Nightmare Act IV, and on top of that our game seemed to have rolled REALLY bad elite mobs (vampiric AND extra health?!?). On the plus side, that time was funny because the barbarians kept on dying to just mobs (and not even the elite ones), while I pretty much tanked everything except the hammer lords.
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 01:01   Link #2311
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Wait till you see vampiric and plagued with Tyrael following you.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 04:34   Link #2312
Blaat
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
But in multiplayer, if you die against a major boss you can keep going back and fight on. But when playing solo, eg if Diablo kills you, you have to restart the entire fight from the beginning.

Oh, and of course no followers allowed when fighting Diablo. That was a cheap restriction.
Archon is right solo play is easier, it's however less forgiving compared to co-op.
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 05:19   Link #2313
problemedchild
_
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I am still in Act I Hell. But I have decided that in order to prepare for Inferno, I am switching to the Inferno setup early. I don't want to have to learn how to play in Inferno from scratch with unfamiliar skills.

Funny that bosses are getting easier and easier. They are just so much weaker than the Super Uniques. I have sacrificed my wave of force for energy armour, I hope that's worth it. High vitality build of course. High attack speed to aid kitting with Venom Hydra, spam seeker magic missile with 30% speed reduction passive (work great against treasure goblins. Slows them and stun lock.)

Still can't live without diamond skin. I know it would become less useful in Inferno, but I heard as long as I boost my damage reduction high enough, it can still be viable.
There's no real reason to run Force Armor in Hell of all places, it would hardly be used. Honestly, nothing can really prepare for you for Act 2 Inferno, even after farming Warden/Butcher(lvl50 Rares lol) for several days. The damage jump is just insane. Most people still run Diamond Skin and it's generally good for 2 attacks comboed with Force Armor's reduction, so there's no real reason not to run it.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 05:46   Link #2314
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 34
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Archon is right solo play is easier, it's however less forgiving compared to co-op.
Co-op is fine for Normal Difficulty, gets tedious in Nightmare, brutal in Hell and downright insane in Inferno. The scaling just seems... off. Also... co-op makes some tactics non-viable, such as skills that proc on kills.

When my Wizard channels Disintegrate with the Volatility rune in solo-mode, mobs just die in a continuous glorious explosion of gory salsa. In co-op though... it feels like chewing wood and getting splinters.

Diablo gameplay thrives on constant carnage. Kiting mobs while screaming like a pansy and whittling away their hp with what might as well be foam sticks in your hands, is... not really compelling gameplay.

Until you get/buy godly gear, Inferno is basically a battle of attrition, and Aiur save your soul if you choose to do it in co-op.

Worse... if your party-mates DIE and leave you alone to suddenly solo mobs that have been buffed up the wazoo. A minor inconvenience in Normal and Nightmare, but hair-detrimental in Hell and Inferno.

I strongly do not recommend pubbing games in Hell and Inferno Difficulty. If you really want to play co-op, do so with people that you know, and are appropriately geared for the content.

I have been tanking pub-games with my Monk, and it is depressing to out-dps the actual DPS. Kind of reminds me of my LFD times with a Protection Warrior in WoW.

PS: Wanting to have an emote that screams, "GET OUT OF THAT MOLTEN BOMB NOW!!!"

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 07:13   Link #2315
Wigwams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
i solo'd normal without dying. coop with a friend nightmare till now to hell act 3, i plan to finish all of hell as coop. it really is hard, you gotta be geared right for your level. and even then i still die alot in hell. but there's just a bit more fun when you're playing with someone else.
__________________
Wigwams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 07:31   Link #2316
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 34
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
i solo'd normal without dying. coop with a friend nightmare till now to hell act 3, i plan to finish all of hell as coop. it really is hard, you gotta be geared right for your level. and even then i still die alot in hell. but there's just a bit more fun when you're playing with someone else.
Repairs after a battle: 500g
Getting a gear upgrade from the AH: 100,000g
Crafting a Radiant Star gem: 15mil gold
Watching a pubby facepull a Vortex Extra Health Invulnerable Arcane Champion pack just because he wanted to smack a Treasure Goblin: Priceless

Barb: "I'm bringing the party to you, guys!"

__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 08:04   Link #2317
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Imagination Land
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
i solo'd normal without dying. coop with a friend nightmare till now to hell act 3, i plan to finish all of hell as coop. it really is hard, you gotta be geared right for your level. and even then i still die alot in hell. but there's just a bit more fun when you're playing with someone else.
I didn't find Nightmare or Hell a problem. That may be because I am playing a Witch doctor and my build when leveling was pretty much all pets. So they took the damage while I spam zombie charger.

Also whenever I found gear with vitality and some Intelligence on I would use it, even if I lost some dps because I hate dying

The Gem part of the AH is still down getting mad.
__________________
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 08:42   Link #2318
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
I didn't find Nightmare or Hell a problem. That may be because I am playing a Witch doctor and my build when leveling was pretty much all pets. So they took the damage while I spam zombie charger.

Also whenever I found gear with vitality and some Intelligence on I would use it, even if I lost some dps because I hate dying

The Gem part of the AH is still down getting mad.
Blizzard is looking into linking summon health with player vitality, as your WD wouldn't survive in Inferno.

And yeah, I am drowning in medium quality gems. Gems I don't want to upgrade because it costs me too much gold. I would rather sell them off on the AH, and maybe buy some upgrade books...
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 08:47   Link #2319
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Imagination Land
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Blizzard is looking into linking summon health with player vitality, as your WD wouldn't survive in Inferno.

And yeah, I am drowning in medium quality gems. Gems I don't want to upgrade because it costs me too much gold. I would rather sell them off on the AH, and maybe buy some upgrade books...
I'm surviving on Inferno, with my witch doctor. Act 2 and using no pets. I did spend like 5 days farming on Act 1 though. In Nightmare and Hell I used pets because my Dps was poor.

Do people buy star gems? Or are they too expensive to buy?
__________________
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 08:56   Link #2320
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 36
I have heard that in Inferno, Templar become neutered because he dies instantly. So the Enchantress is the popular option for her passive buffs. And that her buffs will remain even when she dies. If this is true, I might as well switch to Enchantress now to get use to her play style.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.