AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-02-28, 19:44   Link #1
Nara Shikamaru

Send a message via Yahoo to Nara Shikamaru
Where do think Naruto is headed? New series? ending soon?...what? [Spoilers]

Well as you can tell by the left of the sreen this is my first post... haha, Just wanted to introduce myself ^_^, can't believe i actually pulled off a Nara Shikamaru screen name, lol, well yeah just wanted to tell you guys that my grammer isn't going to be great and expect a few typos here and there =P.. (for all you anal retentive out there =P lol) ok ok thats enough hope to have many cool topics in the future =D,

Ok now to my question. Where do you see Naruto going? See him getting older? Becoming Hokage, dying, just plain old disappearing somehow, becoming a side character for a new breed of ninjas, a teacher of some sorts? Are they gonna make a new series? If so with him or maybe... his kid? haha

Naruto + Hinata= Naruto Z?... Lmao!

p.s.. hey i'd greatly appreciate any links or help on getting me a cool Shikamaru Ava.. thanks for your time either way ^_^
Nara Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:00   Link #2
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
Definately dont see it ending anytime soon. They are barely half way through the manga, with a lot of stuff still not touched upon.

If they were to end the TV series at what would be the only decent break point, it would be after the current Attack on Konohana villiage wraps up. They could break it there, without leaving too much hanging. If they keep going, they will have to deal with a lot more hanging plot, and basicly story that hasnt been wrapped up even in the manga yet.

I also dont forsee Naruto actually becoming Hokage during the run of the series. Sure, there may be a ending note when the author finally wraps up the manga that has a one or two Issue blurb with Naruto in the future as Hokage, with kids and whatever, but I doubt the series would ever cover all the events leading up to him becoming hokage. There is far too much other material that has to be covered first. Like dealing with Oro, and Sasuke's quest for vengance and the like.
SurfD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 21:01   Link #3
epyon96

Just a more general thought. How often does a popular manga like Naruto not have a satisfactory ending in the corresponding anime? I think that's pretty rare no?

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 22:11   Link #4
GreyArea
Meatf***er

I dont see it ending any time soon, and I cant imagine a second 'series' of Naruto arriving once this one has been concluded.

Its possible that a spin-off OVA or some such thing might happen, based on another village etc. That would be nice.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 22:27   Link #5
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
I dont see it ending any time soon, and I cant imagine a second 'series' of Naruto arriving once this one has been concluded.

Its possible that a spin-off OVA or some such thing might happen, based on another village etc. That would be nice.
There would have to be a gap of a year or so. If it doesn't get covered in the anime, I'd like to see some "special" books that fill the story gaps where the other Genin teams haven't made it to the Chuunin exam. I mean...does Lee constantly try and Lotus people? Is Tenten really that useless?

I'd like to see one of the mid-major characters have an unresolved ending and have the new series follow his travels. Say if Jiraiya is alive and still wandering at the end of this all.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 22:38   Link #6
FreeJPA

Hrm... Yea, good point SurfD, I had completely forgotten about Sasuke's vengence quest. (*hits himself on head for not remember key points in story).

I suppose the story will go as far as it can, then wrap up with a big final showdown etc. Then, like most anime, it might spend half an ep (maybe a chapter in manga) or (worse) spend 5 minutes showing like... "Three years later" or something of the sort.

Sequel series... doubtful, this one seems to have alot of material to cover still. Ah well, I'm sure it'll be a fun ride all the way to the end.
FreeJPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 22:44   Link #7
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
I think they should have a time skip forward type thing.....to let naruto get older and do more without us having to watch threw all of it.

Spoiler:
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 00:08   Link #8
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
That could be cool, Oro trained Sucskay vs. Ero Senin trained Naruto
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 00:13   Link #9
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

Na....Oro is the least of the problems...so isnt itachi.
I think there are master minds aka bosses that will play big roles dwarfing what oro did,like killing sakura...because come on,all she is good for is getting killed off
________
IPAD ACCESSORIES

Last edited by Coder8; 2011-05-14 at 03:14.
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 00:17   Link #10
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder8
Na....Oro is the least of the problems...so isnt itachi.
I think there are master minds aka bosses that will play big roles dwarfing what oro did,like killing sakura...because come on,all she is good for is getting killed off
High hopes, but that could add a very interesting plot twist, hopes Sasqo kills her then Naruto kills him for "revenge"
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 00:23   Link #11
XeNb0b

I think Naruto has a long ways to go yet...
XeNb0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 00:59   Link #12
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
I think it also be cool if Tsunade trained sakura to be a medical-nin so she wouldn't be soo usless and plus be cool to have the old legendary 3 train the future legendary 3
Old 2004-02-29, 03:45   Link #13
Nara Shikamaru

Send a message via Yahoo to Nara Shikamaru
Hmm Yeah Naruto does have a very long way to go. Basically everyones official background stories, and not only that what's gonna happen in the future. All of the fights that need to happen, are the ppl that "died" really "dead".

Alot of unfinished buisness. and of course there's the "new factor" introducing new ppl and having them fill out thier stories like kimimaro (sp?). Alot has to happen before it ends. but for some reason either they're bringing in a bunch of new ppl or... I don't know. Cuz they're "killing off" alot of the characters, what else is there? either...

A) new people will come in
B) The old people actually arent "dead" and come back
C) or both of the above, new people plus bringing back the old, only focusing on the new and they're relationship with the old characters

OR! they do a thing where they just "end it" finish off fights that are suppose to happen like Sasuke and Itachi and _____ and Oro, and do a "X amount of years later" and catch up with everyone then kinda start from freash new everything... basically, new series haha, hey you never know Sasuke might become the main bad guy
Nara Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 04:36   Link #14
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Naruto ending soon?! *roll on the ground laughing*

I doubt we will actually see him as a hokage, but I guess it is a possibility especially if the artist decided to do time skips.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 04:43   Link #15
jazmon
Legendary Sannins.

Send a message via ICQ to jazmon Send a message via MSN to jazmon Send a message via Yahoo to jazmon
i have a feeling it may end after konoha got attacked. maybe they will end it with orochimaru and sarutobi dead. this is how anime always ends. they change slight of the plot and end it earlier/ at least some anime are like that.
jazmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 04:46   Link #16
Lunchboxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazmon
i have a feeling it may end after konoha got attacked. maybe they will end it with orochimaru and sarutobi dead. this is how anime always ends. they change slight of the plot and end it earlier/ at least some anime are like that.
no they have along way to go after that.....there ch. 206 in the manga and episode 72 is only like ch. 122 or something.
Old 2004-02-29, 04:52   Link #17
jazmon
Legendary Sannins.

Send a message via ICQ to jazmon Send a message via MSN to jazmon Send a message via Yahoo to jazmon
yea i understand the manga is still a long way to go. but some animes do end earlier then the manga. for example recca. and they do take a lil change of the plot
Old 2004-02-29, 04:54   Link #18
Lunchboxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazmon
yea i understand the manga is still a long way to go. but some animes do end earlier then the manga. for example recca. and they do take a lil change of the plot
true.....lets just hope naruto dosen't do that....theres alot of cool stuff thats happened in the manga that i would love to see animated
Old 2004-02-29, 05:04   Link #19
jazmon
Legendary Sannins.

yea i do agree. i just started on reading the manga yesterday. dont want it to end early too because there are going ot be more great fights coming man.
Old 2004-02-29, 07:12   Link #20
zillford
Wandering/Rambling Artist

my guess is that Kishimoto will want to work on a new creation once Naruto is done. when he finally wraps everything up, he'll have been doing it for along time, and most creators get bored with their creations at some time or another. since he'll have the fame and clout from Naruto, he'll be free to do anything he wants, publishing-wise.

speaking as someone with comic book publishing aspirations, I understand the situation of having a story that you think will sell, and having a story that you WANT to tell. one usually has to leave their more avant-garde creations till they have the popularity to sell them.

if there are any spinoffs/OVAs I would wager that Kishimoto would merely be a "creative advisor" to them, making sure they don't sully his work.

as far as the Anime's duration, I'm 100% sure that it will follow the manga until the popularity wanes and funding drops off. since the Anime is not creativity driven, but rather economically driven, it's all about the benjamins.
zillford is offline   Reply With Quote