AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-07, 20:22   Link #401
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Downloadable content for F is out tomorrow, and here's a sneak peak at the first set of costumes, and ones that will go on sale in coming weeks.

Personally i quite like the Graces Academy outfits, and the accessories.
Well at least they're not holding anything back....
Old 2010-12-09, 02:25   Link #402
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Don't worry, I'll up this thread when the first week of Graces Ps3 outsells the LTD of the Wii version...
*whistles*

02. / 00. [PS3] Tales of Graces F (Bandai Namco) {02/12/10} - 215.187 / NEW

Last time Graces on Wii charted 203.770

Opening week of PS3 Vesperia = 216,593

but but but Graces Wii came out near FFXIII which sold 1.3 million copies waah waah waah oh wait what came out in the same week as Graces Ps3?

01. / 00. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (Capcom) {01/12/10} - 1.950.717 / NEW
PSP | 325.528

Game, set, match and lol @ the dude who said the Ps3 ports was a waste of resources when most companies could wish their jrpgs can sell half as good for an original game let alone a port.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 13:00   Link #403
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
IMHO, it's a good thing most TVs are now 1080p only.
Why? Most content is 720p. You think it's a good thing for everyone to have a non-native image?
Old 2010-12-09, 13:57   Link #404
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Why? Most content is 720p. You think it's a good thing for everyone to have a non-native image?
First, think broader than just games. Most Blu-ray discs are 1080p.

Second, as I mentioned the other alternative ("HD-Ready" 768p TVs) are not exactly an improvement either, so if I had the choice I'd pick a 1080p TV any day.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 04:13   Link #405
Sides

PS3 copy arrived, YaY.

Only problem, new PS3 still stuck somewhere at a parcelforce depot, weird royalmail guys are working...
Got the Bonus DVD with awesome DVD sleeve (that thing in the middle) as bonus, which includes the pre-order DLC code.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 13:59   Link #406
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yay for arrival, though sucks that no PS3 to play. I hope it arrives soon for you.

That DVD sleeve sure is sexy.
Old 2010-12-15, 02:45   Link #407
stpehen
kisses for all

Finally got my copy of this!

Less than a day before the next Tales game site time runs out!
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 08:08   Link #408
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Looking at the stuff Namco America released this year makes me ill...

I guess it could be worse... like Namco asking for the JPN copy to be region locked.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 14:18   Link #409
stormriders

This seems like a pretty cool anime style game. I'm playing Iris Online now, this game could be a great addition for my spare time
stormriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 14:44   Link #410
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
First, think broader than just games. Most Blu-ray discs are 1080p.
Blu-ray is pretty much the only medium where going 1080p is a viable option. Few broadcasts are 1080 lines, and of the few that are, they're interlaced.

I'm mostly interested in gaming, though, so all of that doesn't matter to me. Not to mention that HDTVs don't magically come with Blu-ray players.
Quote:
Second, as I mentioned the other alternative ("HD-Ready" 768p TVs) are not exactly an improvement either, so if I had the choice I'd pick a 1080p TV any day.
Err, how are the 768p TVs not an improvement? They don't have to scale the image to the full height, you know.

There's a third alternative, and that's a 720p TV. Yeah, they may not have been sold in Europe, but that's not the point. It is what gamers need, not 1080p TVs that are only good for Blu-ray and limited Internet content.
Old 2010-12-16, 13:16   Link #411
Sides

Finally got my new ps3 delivered yAy
Just noticed that ToG:F only has linear pcm 2ch audio, unlike ToV, which had linear pcm 5.1 and dts 5.1. Futhermore forced 4500MB installation, unlike ToV.
Old 2010-12-16, 16:56   Link #412
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I'm wondering if both TOV and TOG on PS3 will ever be localized in EU, or at least outside Japan with Eng voice and sub. Since Namco hates their non-Japanese fans.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 14:31   Link #413
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I'm wondering if both TOV and TOG on PS3 will ever be localized in EU, or at least outside Japan with Eng voice and sub. Since Namco hates their non-Japanese fans.
Difficult to say. Those games were developed for different consoles and deals were done. Rumour is that ToG localisation was started for the wii, just need to see the ending credits, but dropped due to restructuring, aka lay-off of staffs, of their western department. Honestly Tales of Xillia localisation has a higher chance getting an overseas releases than those games.
But considering that namco bandai has finally realised that their main market is still japan, accounting for 70% of their last years revenue, their western studios will have more free time for localisation projects. So never say never, but don't hold your breath.
Old 2010-12-26, 07:12   Link #414
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

So I got Graces f for Christmas and started on it, but I noticed that I can't get any of the Downloadable Content started yet. (the special costumes and titles for the characters) (and yes I know you have to go to the item menu in the game and activate them)

I'm guessing that you have to wait until after the prologue to use them? (meaning once we get to the grown-up cast story) But what about Sophie's white costume she's seen wearing in the ToG f trailers, the webpage, and on the game case designs?
Old 2010-12-26, 14:32   Link #415
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So I got Graces f for Christmas and started on it, but I noticed that I can't get any of the Downloadable Content started yet. (the special costumes and titles for the characters) (and yes I know you have to go to the item menu in the game and activate them)

I'm guessing that you have to wait until after the prologue to use them? (meaning once we get to the grown-up cast story) But what about Sophie's white costume she's seen wearing in the ToG f trailers, the webpage, and on the game case designs?
Yep, costume titles are only available in the present and future arc.
That costume you're referring to is the F part of the game, aka future part/new part.
Old 2011-01-02, 11:43   Link #416
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Okay, I'm at end-game now and I have two questions:

1) Where is this storeroom that's supposed to have an item called pearly strings needed for one of the Katz village requests, that gets you a title for one of your characters when completed? The Wii version guide (there isn't any guide specifically for the PS3 version yet, and there's only one guide for the Wii version) says that it's "on the way to the throne room in Baronia castle, but I can't find anything like that anywhere.

2) How the heck do you beat the humanoid enemy at the shuttle crash site that you have to find with your shuttle's search feature? I can get the dang thing to zero HP, sure, but at that point it cuts loose some attack that insta-kills my entire party, no matter where they are on the field.

EDIT: Also, is there any way to get back the characters' default weapons if you ended up seeling them, at the time not knowing the fact that you need them to Dualize their ultimate weapons?
Old 2011-01-02, 12:37   Link #417
Sides

For the fight with Lambda's body, try equipping your characters with certain titles that grants you either half damage or (few sec) invincibility when certain conditions are met. Not quite sure but but i think the damage is fixed(?) and dependent on the difficult setting, so boosting your HP might help.

I pretty much gave up with the side quest, too much reading and had no clue what some word were, so good luck with that.
Old 2011-01-02, 18:03   Link #418
Myukii

It looks very good. Unfortunately it's for Wii. Another tales of for the Wii ¬¬' It could be for the Xbox360 or PS3 too.
Myukii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 19:06   Link #419
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myukii View Post
It looks very good. Unfortunately it's for Wii. Another tales of for the Wii ¬¬' It could be for the Xbox360 or PS3 too.
Tales of Graces F is for the PS3.
Old 2011-01-02, 19:32   Link #420
Myukii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Tales of Graces F is for the PS3.
''The new Tales game coming out in the 4th quarter.
Platform: Wii''

Or is it for PS3 and Wii ? o.0
Myukii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, games, rpg