AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-06-07, 18:12   Link #801
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Well Vivio being the title character does not guarentee success. There have been plenty of stories where the main characters loses in the finals or perhaps even sooner. Loses provide more opportunities for character development than wins do.
Old 2011-06-07, 19:33   Link #802
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
I wouldn't be surprise if the last chapter will have something like this:

Vivio: Well, this is it...

Einhart: Yeah.

Vivio: This battle will decide everything.

Einhart: *nodding and looking stoic as ever*

[Vivio and Einhart ready themselves]

Vivio: Ready or not....

Einhart: ...HERE I COME!

[And the scene ends with both of them throwing a fist at each other]

The End

So we will never know who won. :/
s-CRY-ed ending, huh? >.>
Old 2011-06-07, 20:08   Link #803
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
hmm manga ending was different, had a weird cameo

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 22:52   Link #804
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
I'd be a bit surprised if they ended it that way. It doesn't feel like that would make a lot of sense to me, at least. I could see them doing a break and ending it that way, but Nanoha doesn't really do that. I hope they don't, it's kind of a lackluster ending.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 23:10   Link #805
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't think we have to worry about it. We have Tsuzuki making this manga, not Taniguchi.
Old 2011-06-08, 00:10   Link #806
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Wonder how this will end, every Nanoha season at the time has ended with a big final battle and then an extra chapter to settle things, also a timeskip in the cases od A's and StrikerS. Since Vivid didn't appear to have any intentions of having a serious foe it will probably ends with a climatic tournament final i guess.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 13:26   Link #807
Jimmy C

Considering that it's just a tournament and that it's an anuual event, the final will be a climax on the scale of the mock battle's ending in ch15. Then they'll move on to the next event in Vivio's story, whatever it'll be.
And another thing, the elimination matches have begun with the Miura vs. Mikaya match. Anyone losing from this point on will have to come back next year to try again.
That being the case, it looks like it's the end of the road for Corona this year.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 13:35   Link #808
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Considering that it's just a tournament and that it's an anuual event, the final will be a climax on the scale of the mock battle's ending in ch15. Then they'll move on to the next event in Vivio's story, whatever it'll be.
Narrator: Follow Vivio on her ultimate test, the grand finale of this story will be resolved next month.

-Continue in Memory 152: Vivio's Piano Recital-

xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-08, 14:46   Link #809
Jimmy C

See, that's the thing. Unlike the anime series and even Force, Vivid is open-ended. Finish the big event, wind down for a chapter or two, then move to the next one.
Old 2011-06-08, 19:03   Link #810
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

I don't know. I actually believe (as much as I hate it) that the tournament will be the climax of Vivid and that after it's done, it will end. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Narrator: Follow Vivio on her ultimate test, the grand finale of this story will be resolved next month.

xD
I laughed out loud at the end. XD I wasn't expecting THAT!

You might want to add this in the end:

Vivio: I will make it vividly magical!
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 19:41   Link #811
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post

xD
So it's finally here. The Lyrical part of the story. Now the circle is complete
Old 2011-06-11, 14:33   Link #812
Dark Wing

Well I said this before back in the old manga thread. I just can't see anyone from vivio & co. actually making it pass the semi-finals. They're after all only new faces on this tournament.
Old 2011-06-11, 19:41   Link #813
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Well I said this before back in the old manga thread. I just can't see anyone from vivio & co. actually making it pass the semi-finals. They're after all only new faces on this tournament.
Well if you want to go Meta then this wouldn't be the first time a newcomer won a shounen tournament arc. Of course, it's quite sad if that's the only reason that they would won - to have them victorious just because "they're the main character, duh!" leaves a bad taste in the mouth...
Old 2011-06-11, 22:19   Link #814
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Sometimes they win... you know, just because they're better? If Nanoha entered the tournament when she was younger, even if she was a total newcomer, she'd have wiped the floor with every person in it most likely. Lutecia should as well, but likely has a power dampener on her anyways. So being a newcomer isn't necessarily a sign of someone being bad at the tournament. And being a newcomer doesn't mean it's suddenly meta if they don't win.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 23:54   Link #815
Jimmy C

I would think that their power levels and fighting style might preclude them from entering the tournament, even back when they were 10. It's an intermediate-level tournament. Though there's no word on rank limits for the participants, I think throwing AAA-rank contestants aginst them would be too much.
In addition, while the floorspace of the fighting ring looks large for melee contestants, it'd be like fighting in a phonebooth for a flier like Nanoha.
Fate though might be able to adapt her style in an expert-level tournament, assuming she could take enough time off working for the Bureau to do so.
Old 2011-06-12, 10:27   Link #816
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Lutecia has a major handicap, namely the fact that she isn't (apparently) allowed to use her primary power-set (much as I'd love to have her get beaten down by some arrogant competitor and then use Hakutenoh to affect an attitude adjustment. ), which might explain why she's eligible.

Another question, though, would be what local tournaments would Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate enter, since all of them resided on a non-administrated world until they were 15.

*suddenly remembers the upper age limit is 19 and has the mental image of StrikerS Fate and Nanoha entering the tournament*
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 10:40   Link #817
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hold on, Corona is allowed to create a golem the size of a house, and yet Lutecia isn't allowed to use her summons? What kind of hypocritical rule is that?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 10:41   Link #818
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

It's a shame, i was expecting to see Garyuu dealing Rider Kicks left and right, but at least Lutecia have some very cool looking shooting spells, like i've guessed she's the kind of competitor who likes to give a good show for the spectators xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-12, 11:14   Link #819
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
would be what local tournaments would Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate enter, since all of them resided on a non-administrated world until they were 15.
After they moved to Mid, they'd be eligible as permanent residents if not outright citizens already. As I mentioned, if the DSAA has a professional/expert/veteran equivalent of the Intermid, they'd probably qualify for that.
The only roadblock is they'd also be too busy working for the Bureau to participate for the entire tournament, which could last weeks or even months with all the events.
Maybe if the Bureau wanted someone to investigate possible corruption in the tournament...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hold on, Corona is allowed to create a golem the size of a house, and yet Lutecia isn't allowed to use her summons? What kind of hypocritical rule is that?
It's not that farfetched. Corona's golems are like "equipment" under her control. She gets punched out, they go inert. OTOH, Lutecia's summons are seperate, independent people under her orders. It'd be like bringing another fighter on your side in a one-on-one match, hardly fair for the other girl.
However, we have yet to confirm whether she truly is forbidden to use her summons. Also, there's the matter of the "true witch" contestant. We don't know what's the nature of the creatures with her and whether she uses them in the ring.
Old 2011-06-12, 11:25   Link #820
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Doesn't Lutecia still have her limiter in ViVid? If so, that'd be her handicap--she'd only be a D-rank mage, power-wise.

Tags
vivid