Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-05, 12:08   Link #2261
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Go Risa! Go!

And...

I wish there was some variation with the character design there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I'm all for people deserving second chances, however in fiction an author would send the wrong message here by redeeming Shou's ex bf, especially as a female author of a work that's targeted at a teenage readership. That'd be just wrong. It would be ok if Shou forgave him but they just stay friends - anything farther than that is definite premium facepalm material.
He had his chance, and he blew it so much, he does not deserve a second one.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2011-03-05 at 16:35.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 12:10   Link #2262
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
It is actual nature at work. Females will come into heat and be preferential to the male that exhibits the greatest strength and leadership in order to carry forward the strongest genes for the species. Natural selection... Sadly, "good guys" are actually "less male" than their "bad boy" counterparts and thus appear to carry weak genetics. Human awareness and value over behaviors beyond pure mating ritual complicates the matter of paring. That and the sociological requirement of mating for life through marriage forces the choice to be scrutinized more. In the animal kingdom, females may take multiple partners in a season, with preference towards the most aggressive. (some species may vary. )
Oh man I caught so much heat from some girls I knew when I said that .
Old 2011-03-05, 13:00   Link #2263
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

So we got two chapters of happy coupley stuff before we get back into the drama.

I can respect that.

KICK HIS ASS SHOU

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 14:09   Link #2264
Xagzan

Ryou's dad is hilarious. I didn't realize anesthesiology had stars.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 14:30   Link #2265
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Oh man I caught so much heat from some girls I knew when I said that .
It's an animal planet... what can one really say?
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 14:55   Link #2266
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Damn it. Stupid forum bug won't let me post with my buddies over on OM still. I guess it's killing the forums.

Sasuga has this set up for the perfect cluster-****. Risa waiting for Seiji and Yuki to break up, Kento's return and Yuki receiving the call about Tooru all seem to point in one direction. Basically, rageville.

As I mentioned before in my spoiler, if this were a typical shounen drama, we'd end up with Kento and Shou getting back together. Tooru would apologize to Yuki and be seen in a better light by her as she forgives him. Seiji, seeing what happened between Shou and Kento and how she got back together with the guy who caused her so much pain, combined with his own insecurities about the relationship, which have been on full display since they got together, causes him to become paranoid about Yuki and Tooru. Somewhere down the road, this leads to them breaking up-- either because Utsumi becomes too desperate and Yuki pushes him away, Yuki's feelings really do sway or Utsumi gets angry and breaks up himself. Risa, waiting there in the wings to comfort him, comes along and snatches him up while he's down.

Frankly, I don't like any of these scenarios and I hope Sasuga, who has done some unconventional stuff before, stays away from them. All of these scenarios would become one big ragefest among the fans and probably serve to drive away a lot of readers. Of course, at the same time, she'd attract all the masochists who enjoy KNIM. :P
Old 2011-03-05, 15:38   Link #2267
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Damn it. Stupid forum bug won't let me post with my buddies over on OM still. I guess it's killing the forums.

Sasuga has this set up for the perfect cluster-****. Risa waiting for Seiji and Yuki to break up, Kento's return and Yuki receiving the call about Tooru all seem to point in one direction. Basically, rageville.

As I mentioned before in my spoiler, if this were a typical shounen drama, we'd end up with Kento and Shou getting back together. Tooru would apologize to Yuki and be seen in a better light by her as she forgives him. Seiji, seeing what happened between Shou and Kento and how she got back together with the guy who caused her so much pain, combined with his own insecurities about the relationship, which have been on full display since they got together, causes him to become paranoid about Yuki and Tooru. Somewhere down the road, this leads to them breaking up-- either because Utsumi becomes too desperate and Yuki pushes him away, Yuki's feelings really do sway or Utsumi gets angry and breaks up himself. Risa, waiting there in the wings to comfort him, comes along and snatches him up while he's down.

Frankly, I don't like any of these scenarios and I hope Sasuga, who has done some unconventional stuff before, stays away from them. All of these scenarios would become one big ragefest among the fans and probably serve to drive away a lot of readers. Of course, at the same time, she'd attract all the masochists who enjoy KNIM. :P
Rep for "Rageville"

I approve this scenario as "REAL LIFE!" I wouldn't mind so much if it followed this path too, but only if Utsumi ended up with Yuki in the end anyways, after learning a good life's lesson of course.

Very well written assessment KLG.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 16:20   Link #2268
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
All of these scenarios would become one big ragefest among the fans and probably serve to drive away a lot of readers.
Well its not like GE enjoys a large amount of readers anyway so the rageviille may give some sparks again if only just for rage or massochistic KNIM fans.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 16:21   Link #2269
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

drama from each girl. I thought Shou would be over but guess not.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 16:22   Link #2270
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:

If it didn't bother her to do something before even knowing that it would infuriate readers. Then she'll probably have no qualms about doing it again...

I see at least one of your scenarios coming and true and wouldn't be surprised if it all did. Personally I wouldn't like to see all the characters "Narutoized" and shown to be actual sheep in wolve's clothing...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 16:56   Link #2271
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:

Indeed it's the perfect storm. If Shou gets back together with Kento, my enjoyment of the story will really take a nosedive, and I may lose interest altogether.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 17:11   Link #2272
solomon

First time post...

Cute high school romance manga (Am I snooty for not watching this if it were live action drama?)

Anyways, I'm all in for Ucchi X Yuki paring seeing as how it's the most obvious. Unless they pull an Orange Road, which I will be surprised they do as the story is now.

It's good but hope it doesn't run too long or it will get real stale (then again I DID read all of Yume de Aetara so I guess I have high tolerance for such nonsense).

Anyways, the BLEEP is that sonofabitch two tyming sempai doing there (OHHH Drama), If that were anything but a Shonen Romance Manga, guy in Ucchi's place would be raging big time.

Also, while I'd have a bit of a soft spot for Oonuma on her own (shy but hot, trying to overcome her problems) In real life she is MAJOR RED FLAG.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 02:15   Link #2273
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Indeed it's the perfect storm. If Shou gets back together with Kento, my enjoyment of the story will really take a nosedive, and I may lose interest altogether.
While I wouldn't drop the series if Shou gets back together with Kento, it would probably drive me away for a few weeks. Plus, I'd lose pretty much all my respect for her character. I lost some reaped when she became the rebound girlfriend early in the series and hurt Utsumi in the process with her little white lie. That was mitigated by the fact that she really loved Kento and didn't know about him being a playboy. She gained back a ton of respect by getting rid of him and becoming stronger for it, moving on with her life and not letting it drag her down.

If she gets back together with him now, there's no longer the factor of naiveity to soften it. It would be her willingly getting into a relationship again with the same guy who played her for a fool earlier. All respect is gone at that point.
Old 2011-03-06, 10:09   Link #2274
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by klg View Post
If she gets back together with him now, there's no longer the factor of naiveity to soften it. It would be her willingly getting into a relationship again with the same guy who played her for a fool earlier. All respect is gone at that point.
Happens all the time IRL. Emotions > logic, which is even more extreme in an anime sense, since characters tend to have skewed emotional feelings to the point of absurdity towards a person one loves in a non-seinen/josei story(not that those are exempt from it either).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 10:25   Link #2275
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Happens all the time IRL. Emotions > logic, which is even more extreme in an anime sense, since characters tend to have skewed emotional feelings to the point of absurdity towards a person one loves in a non-seinen/josei story(not that those are exempt from it either).
Oh, I know. I have an aunt who's husband held a gun to her head while she held their newborn baby in their arms and has a history of being abusive. Yet, she goes back to him every time. Last time I saw her, her eyes looked dead. :\

People are insane.
Old 2011-03-06, 10:55   Link #2276
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh, I know. I have an aunt who's husband held a gun to her head while she held their newborn baby in their arms and has a history of being abusive. Yet, she goes back to him every time. Last time I saw her, her eyes looked dead. :\

People are insane.
I almost spit out whatever i was drinking. That is SERIOUSLY messed up.... . Hope things get better for her someday.
Old 2011-03-06, 11:02   Link #2277
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:

People are insane.
Either she's a masochist or just plain insane. Really, she needs to take some medications. That's why I always advice my female friends never use there emotions while they are in the middle of a break-up, use your brain in your decisions. Seriously, I can't understand why they try to go back. Some of them saying they stay because they can change there attitudes. Well, guess what, they look like a fool now.
Old 2011-03-06, 21:28   Link #2278
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Either she's a masochist or just plain insane. Really, she needs to take some medications. That's why I always advice my female friends never use there emotions while they are in the middle of a break-up, use your brain in your decisions. Seriously, I can't understand why they try to go back. Some of them saying they stay because they can change there attitudes. Well, guess what, they look like a fool now.
Kinda hard to say that when you're on the outside looking in. Even if you had a similar situation at some point in your life, you still couldn't truly justify what they did compared to yourself since there are so many emotional factors that come into play, esp since many are impulse. Just having a different personality could constitute the difference between someone who leaves never to return, or someone who stays(or goes back) in that situation. Like they say, "Love conquers all.", and there are many forms of love; or, what a person THINKS is love, so who are we to judge them without fully understanding EVERY element a woman has been subjected to, and from her perspective?

That being said, to say Shou is a complete tool by going back to Kento(when Kento is the one that is going to approach her first) is placing too much blame on her, considering she could easily have lingering feelings for him. Also, she did the same thing as Kento is doing now; that is, betrayed the lover(Utsu), then, after things didn't work out, came back. If it wasn't for Utsu falling for Yuki, he would have eventually ended up with Shou, since he still cares about her. Of course, Shou and Utsu will never forget about being betrayed, but overtime, wounds will heal, and possibilities renewed. Well, that is IF Kento is trying to get back with Shou, and not something else(like simply apologizing for what he did and explaining himself).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 22:04   Link #2279
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
That being said, to say Shou is a complete tool by going back to Kento(when Kento is the one that is going to approach her first) is placing too much blame on her, considering she could easily have lingering feelings for him. Also, she did the same thing as Kento is doing now; that is, betrayed the lover(Utsu), then, after things didn't work out, came back. If it wasn't for Utsu falling for Yuki, he would have eventually ended up with Shou, since he still cares about her. Of course, Shou and Utsu will never forget about being betrayed, but overtime, wounds will heal, and possibilities renewed. Well, that is IF Kento is trying to get back with Shou, and not something else(like simply apologizing for what he did and explaining himself).
As far as I read Utsumi and Shou were not in a relationship at the time. They were just going on a date to see, which to me sounds perfectly fine if she chose to hook up with someone else..................

She like Utsumi but like Kento more at the time with Kento being her crush and all so I don't see any betrayal which would ultimately fault her for choosing when she could, I suppose the only real fault was she didn't tell Utsumi the truth when she cancel their date. However coming back to Utsumi to seek comfort is still not a sin because Utsumi wasn't in a boyfriend girlfriend relationship yet. Utsumi isn't a child anymore but maybe I'm having too much expectation on others.

In both cases I couldn't find any faults in Shou-senpai on the action she took but the outcome was more or less due to bad luck and timing on her part.

The only thing that would upset me with shou hooking up with Kento is, it would be the illogic behind it since she spectacularly cut ties with him and gave him a slap, which was showing her determination not like those women in any abusive relationship or the badboy etctera......... There could be some BS reason she could be with Kento but that would be BS in general.

BTW how does discussing woman in abusive relationship have anything to do with Shou? I can understand generalisation but there is no evidence Shou is in an abusive relationship in the past or future. But if anyone wants to go with speculation fine by me.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2011-03-06 at 22:15.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 22:10   Link #2280
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
In both cases I couldn't find any faults in Shou-senpai and the action she took but the outcome was more of less due to bad luck and the timing on her part.
She lied trying to cover herself up. That was bad In my opinion.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi