AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-02, 09:13   Link #1
Esyrja

About Urusai Yatsura

Well I've finally gotten around to starting this classic...and i have to say, its living up to its fame rather well, or maybe the fact that it doesn't seem to follow any of the typical conventions of manga is because it was written before they existed, but I digress.

What I'd like to know, without anything specific or spoiling, is if the format ever changes, that is at least what ive read up to now is extremely short, that is there hasn't been a single story arch that goes beyond the 26 pages that one chapter encompasses.

So do things ever start to advance beyond this? Or is it just 366 chapters of short stories?
Old 2009-10-02, 12:23   Link #2
JMvS
Rawrrr!

My favorite serie of all time!

To answer your question. Yes the story evolves in some way, as new characters keep piling up until the end. And some of the characters themselves show some evolution.
The format itself changes a little: most of the latter serialization was made in 16 pages chapters. So there are quite a lot of mini-arcs lasting 2-3 chapters. And a few lasting up to 5 or 6 (not 100% sure about that, it's been a long time).

Don't be afraid of reading it all, as some of the most epic characters of manga history appear at 1/3 and 2/3 of the serie (the sweet little sister... the man among men... ).

Last edited by JMvS; 2009-10-02 at 12:31. Reason: reworking
Closed Thread